A4 2.0T DTM Dump Valve

Tenny

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know what is the best dump valve to get for a 2.0TFSI DTM A4? I have looked around and there seem to be many different prices and makes...:wacko:

Sorry latest revision one I mean. I have rev G I believe and am stage 1 / 240 bhp.

Scotty is correct the latest one is fine. Especially for ordinary or stage 1.

06H145710D, 06H145710G

Either of the above Audi Part numbers

Reactions: scotty76
i say FORGE SPACER :jester:

PPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Reactions: DieselJake
Hi, does anyone know what is the best dump valve to get for a 2.0TFSI DTM A4? I have looked around and there seem to be many different prices and makes...:wacko:

Forge blow off/ diverter. I found with the spacer it took ages for the turbo to spool up. Same with the forger blow off. The forger diverter on the other hand worked perfect until I went k04 then it was no good. Fine on the k03 tho.

I've got one here off mine

Forge blow off/ diverter. I found with the spacer it took ages for the turbo to spool up. Same with the forger blow off. The forger diverter on the other hand worked perfect until I went k04 then it was no good. Fine on the k03 tho.

I've got one here off mine

i ran the same and worked good
with the spacer it just played games

i ran the same and worked good
with the spacer it just played games

Yeah the spacer was temperamental, one day it would go like stink, next time it wouldn't want to know. This makes a nice whoosh aswell. Sometimes flutters if you get it just right

Scotty is correct the latest one is fine. Especially for ordinary or stage 1.

06H145710D, 06H145710G

Either of the above Audi Part numbers

Wish I'd have known there was a rev G! Just bought a rev D lol!

Reactions: Sygh2k
Hi Tenny

I've tested all types on my A4 B7 2.0T FSI Quattro - and wrote my own review! The GFB valve is MUCH better than VAG or Forge ones. It has made my car much better to drive.

a) a broken Audi 06H145710A valve - when bought, no boost, car felt like just a 2.0 no turbo as plastic valve end was split.
b) a Forge FMFSITVR metal valve - held the boost, felt like a 2.0 turbo, but being part electronic controlled / part pneumatic, boost spikes occurred due to delayed control, but sounded nice.
c) a new Audi 06H145710D 'rev D' valve - after selling the Forge one, this is the revised metal valve, worked silently, but boost lost off throttle so intermittent boost control, not so nice to drive.
d) the same new Audi 06H145710D 'rev D' valve, but with the end removed and a GFB DV+ metal valve fitted, works about half as loud as Forge, but boost control most impressive!

GFB DV+ turbo bypass valve review

-> Craig, the rev D (metal) is actually NEWER than the Rev G (diaphragm) so yours is fine. Odd that VAG mixed up the part coding, but true. The Rev A was the first one they made. Just get yourself a DV+ and add it onto your rev D for the best results.

Alistair

Last edited:
Cheers chaps!

So the best one is the GFB valve, sorry mate where can I get that then :think:

Hi Tenny

I've tested all types on my A4 B7 2.0T FSI Quattro - and wrote my own review! The GFB valve is MUCH better than VAG or Forge ones. It has made my car much better to drive.

a) a broken Audi 06H145710A valve - when bought, no boost, car felt like just a 2.0 no turbo as plastic valve end was split.
b) a Forge FMFSITVR metal valve - held the boost, felt like a 2.0 turbo, but being part electronic controlled / part pneumatic, boost spikes occurred due to delayed control, but sounded nice.
c) a new Audi 06H145710D 'rev D' valve - after selling the Forge one, this is the revised metal valve, worked silently, but boost lost off throttle so intermittent boost control, not so nice to drive.
d) the same new Audi 06H145710D 'rev D' valve, but with the end removed and a GFB DV+ metal valve fitted, works about half as loud as Forge, but boost control most impressive!

GFB DV+ turbo bypass valve review

-> Craig, the rev D (metal) is actually NEWER than the Rev G (diaphragm) so yours is fine. Odd that VAG mixed up the part coding, but true. The Rev A was the first one they made. Just get yourself a DV+ and add it onto your rev D for the best results.

Alistair

Been having miss fire issues under load, removed my diverter (rev d) after a fault code popped up (n249 mechanical malfunction) and it was in pieces! So I've put the forge diverter (above) back on after finding a split in a vacuum hose and it goes like stink but Jesus is it loud!!! I can't drive anywhere without people stopping in their tracks and looking. Is this GFB DV+ worth the money? Is it loud? And what's it like under load at around 3000 rpm? Sorry to ask all the questions but I'm gettin ****** off with messing around with diverters. I've got nearly every type and I don't want another to join the rest on the shelf in the garage lol!

Hi Craig

Yes, the GFB DV+ is definitely worth the money. My car continues to run smoothly with it fitted. I could really feel the difference compared to just the rev D valve fitted on its own. Right through the rev range, on and off the throttle you can feel the DV+ extra front spring working. Basically the rev D loses all boost when ECU calls the solenoid open which pushes the plastic purge valve open (which stays open until ECU calls a close much later than needed). The DV+ valve part on the front of the rev D reacts to this by closing itself when the boost has dropped enough (even though the solenoid part is still open). So not all the boost is lost off throttle, so the boost and revs pickup is much improved. The end of the Rev D valve in pieces on your car is what the DV+ replaces! Sorted!

My car is stock boost, but it's only slightly louder with the DV+ valve (which is metal with it's own purge holes) added to the rev D solenoid (with the plastic valve removed). The Forge one was much louder as it's all metal, so I think you should go DV+ with the rev D, think you'll be happy with the improved driveability. I've had no issues with my car since fitting.

I'd love a ride in your car once it's fixed! The spec of your tuned car is my dream at the moment! I have some Porsche 18Zs but the car is too slow to bother putting them on!!

I'm down in Solihull, near Birmingham if you're ever in the area?

Alistair

Last edited:
Hi Craig

Yes, the GFB DV+ is definitely worth the money. My car continues to run smoothly with it fitted. I could really feel the difference compared to just the rev D valve fitted on its own. Right through the rev range, on and off the throttle you can feel the DV+ extra front spring working. Basically the rev D loses all boost when ECU calls the solenoid open which pushes the plastic purge valve open (which stays open until ECU calls a close much later than needed). The DV+ valve part on the front of the rev D reacts to this by closing itself when the boost has dropped enough (even though the solenoid part is still open). So not all the boost is lost off throttle, so the boost and revs pickup is much improved. The end of the Rev D valve in pieces on your car is what the DV+ replaces! Sorted!

My car is stock boost, but it's only slightly louder with the DV+ valve (which is metal with it's own purge holes) added to the rev D solenoid (with the plastic valve removed). The Forge one was much louder as it's all metal, so I think you should go DV+ with the rev D, think you'll be happy with the improved driveability. I've had no issues with my car since fitting.

I'd love a ride in your car once it's fixed! The spec of your tuned car is my dream at the moment! I have some Porsche 18Zs but the car is too slow to bother putting them on!!

I'm down in Solihull, near Birmingham if you're ever in the area?

Alistair

Cheers Alistair, that's jut what I wanted to know. The forge is great but I'm on the limits of the yellow spring which is 23psi, I'm running 24psi which moves me to the blue spring. It's very loud on the k04 where as it was just nice on the k03. It's more holding of boost that sells it to me the most. I have Av4nt coming over in a week or 2 with a new service kit for the forge valve, which I'm going to install on his car whilst having a brew and a chat. Then I'm going to try the DV+ as my rev D fell apart in the DV flange. I'm also having issues with oil being pushed into the inlet due to the high boost, this clogging the inlet and soaking the plugs with oil causing a miss fire. I'm going to install the revo catch can set up and hopefully water meth to clean up the inlet valves. Other than that I'm nearly there with it.
It's not often I venture that far down mate, but if I end up going that way, by all means I'll drop by and take ya for a blast. Wife's getting a diesel Octavia Vrs estate on 19's so that means the A4 will become a show piece, so I'll be eager to take it for a blast, Birmingham mite just be the direction I go lol! Have you fitted the catch can set up?

Also I bought the A4 from Solihull Kia believe it or not lol! 3 years ago, best thing I ever did!

Hi, jumping in the thread to ask a couple of questions on the 06H145710D

They are about £60 on eBay, going to try local Audi dealer tomorrow for price before I buy, will the skoda part be the same number and I assume it will be the same part but possibly cheaper?

Is this all I need to replace or should I replace pipes/ fittings too?

I just changed to the 06H145710D and what a difference - it's like driving another car.

But I have to admit it's not surprising looking at the state of the original (see pic)

2r73fwl.jpg

If you haven't checked your diverter valve yet then this could be the best £60 you will ever spend.