A4 2.0 TDI S Line 2007

alex94

Reaction score
Hi folks completely new to these forums so please bare with me. :grinning:

A4 2.0 TDI S Line..
Just over 48k on the clock..

I have recently noticed some sort of grinding noise when changing from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd and also 3rd to 4th. This happens when pressing down on the clutch only when the cars in motion. I've tried to listen for the same sort of noises when the car is stationary and in neutral but cannot hear anything. There also seems to be a similar grind/spinning noise (as if something is loose) when accelerating in 3rd then quickly taking my foot off the gas. The car still pulls excellently and has no signs of clutch slipping or sort!

Some posts I've seen suggest new clutch and flywheel?
Others suggest cam-belt change? (No record of cam-belt being changed at any point at all)

I hope this information is enough for some kind soul out there to help as the noise has me fearing for the worst :weary:

All help is greatly appreciated. :grinning::grinning:

Wont be the cambelt which either works fine or snaps!!IIMy guess is its the flywheel if the clutch seems OK.

Wont be the cambelt which either works fine or snaps!!IIMy guess is its the flywheel if the clutch seems OK.
Great thanks for the reply.. Would i be correct in saying that i would have to replace the clutch along with the flywheel?