A4 1.9TDi judder when accelerating hard in 4th and 5th

darrenwood

Reaction score
i have a 2005 Audi A4 s-line 1.9TDi 115ps that i have recently had re-mapped to approx. 150-160bhp.

Ever since the remap (which has made a phenominal difference and transformed the way the car drives by the way!) there is a noticable judder when accelerating hard in 4th and 5th gears from approx. 1500 - 1900 rpm (when rolling at approx 50mph and booting the throttle) - it doesnt do it if you feed the throttle in only when you foot it.

There were no noticable problems before the re-map so i am assumining the problem is related to the increase in power and torque.

Any ideas what is causing the judder, is it causing damage to my engine and is it fixable?

Thanks

Its probably your clutch and/or flywheel, you shouldn't really floor it until your past 2000rpm or so, otherwise you'll need a new clutch fairly quickly.

thanks gents

one strange thing that i noticed this morning though was that the judder in 4th gear has more or less disappeared (5th gear one is still there) which is a bit odd, would it 'wear in' as such if it was a mechanical problem?