A4 1.9TDI 100bhp booked in on 13th at Jabbasport for remap

JGrant1285

Sir Scouser Benitez
Reaction score
Website
www.allhiphop.com
Afternoon folks,

Righteo..

Just spoke to Kevin at Jabbasport, my cars now booked in on the 13th for a custom remap. Looking forward to it now. Anyone had their motors chipped at Jabbasport? everyone who has had their motors chipped seem to be happy with the results, so i'm looking forward to driving it afterwards.

only prob is that is a 3.5 hour drive down there...its booked in for 13:00. they said it'll take around 4 hours (ish). Then i'm going to have to drive back another 3.5 hours.

thanks for any replies

Jim

You'll be excited driving down there.....but the drive back will be verrrrry Exciting!!!!You'll see...

:arco:

Sorry to sound a bit dumb but is that a gain of 100Bhp? If so how much is that costing? Sounds interesting!!

J7USS..........Even though my cars a 100bhp??? I dont really know what to expect,ive not seen a post on here or anywhere else where ppl have chipped a 100bhp smoker!!

Shades said:
Sorry to sound a bit dumb but is that a gain of 100Bhp? If so how much is that costing? Sounds interesting!!

Ahhhh sorry Shades, no my car is 100bhp as standard. Sorry mate!

Hi
Do you know what figures bhp/torque-wise theyre quoting? Can only see the lowest at 115bhp standard
Ta
Johny

JGrant1285 said:
Ahhhh sorry Shades, no my car is 100bhp as standard. Sorry mate!

Oh right. I thought all 1.9TDI's were 130Bhp like mine? So what will you roughly end up with after the remap?

Johnytuono said:
Hi
Do you know what figures bhp/torque-wise theyre quoting? Can only see the lowest at 115bhp standard
Ta
Johny

HI Mate,

The website is actually in need of an update. I emailled Kevin and he said my car custom remapped can get between a 40-49bhp gain. So could go just short of 150bhp. Email him, he will prolly give you his number, sound fella, alright to have a chat with liiiiiiiike.

Remapping a Derv isn't all about getting bigger power its about getting bigger torque!

^^Yeah i know, but the fella only gave me an estimation of the bhp gain, he was unsure of the torque gain. Anybody know the proceedure(s) for a custom map? I take it that they'll put it on the rolling road? will i get print-outs etc?

anybody know?

JABBASPORT.COM said:
Stage 2 - Diesel Custom Rolling Road Remap

A 'TRUE' custom one-off remap tailored to suit your car and preferences.

Our ultimate Diesel custom rolling road mapping package guarantees the smoothest most progressive power and torque delivery that no generic map/software/code can compete with. Most generic maps are developed from one vehicle of each type that can be at either end of the scale with regards to tolerance. Here at Jabbasport we will extract the maximum consistently safe BHP and Torque with carefully balanced boost pressures at all load points. We retain all factory safety mechanisms and adaption parameters.

Jabbasport’s CUSTOM REMAP offers drivers seeking the best from their vehicles with a map that is tailored to suit, treating every vehicle as an individual.

All custom rolling road remaps are performed on one of our two rolling roads. Included in this service is a before and after power plot, pre and post mapping diagnostic check of all vital sensors with MAF sensor cleaning if necessary. All performed via the diagnostics port unless stated in the vehicle details section under ‘Please note’, (preceding page).

Package includes

* Pre diagnostic check, mechanical & software using VW diagnostic tools
* Rolling road time
* Mapping
* Before and after power and torque plot
* Post diagnostic check using VW diagnostic tools
* Test drive / Data log
* Approx 4 hours to perform

Booking and Waiting Room Details

This service is completed in a either a morning or afternoon booking slot which takes approx 4 hours to perform. We offer a well equipped waiting room which includes TV, Xbox, magazines, drinks vending machine and leather three piece sofa!! Wireless internet connection is also available for customers with their own laptops.

Looks good, can't wait now!!

Opinions please peeps:

Do i give my car a good detailing on thursday night before i go on friday (my cars got some mud splattered all over it) or do i go down in the car as it is and then do it on sat once i'm back - Just thinking of all the bugs etc that i'm going to collect on the roadtrip...hmmmmm

Well tonight i decided that i couldnt be ***** giving it a full detail. Just gave the inside a good hoover, windows cleaned inside and out, dashboard once over with the trusty 'Z' product that nobody can mention.

I cant wait now, i'm takin my laptop with me so i'll be providing a few updates along the way!!

be settin off about 9ish 2mw...get down there in pleanty of time hopefully.

Catch yaz all 2mw!!

In the waiting room now, the time is dragging lol!!

Quite impressed with the fuel situation on the way down, brimmed it last night before i set off, ive done about 190 miles and its still showing 720 to go on the DIS.

Can't wait to drive it.....

Well well well........

The drive home last night was MAJOR fun (apart from all the traffic).

The car is like a totally different car. And i'll go as far as saying that it now feels 'rapid'!!

The original was 98.1hp@3466rpm / 263Nm @ 1545rpm

The after readings are as shown:

141.9hp @ 3683rpm / 368Nm @ 2154rpm.

It is a dream to drive now, totally transformed the drive of my car!!

If theres any interest i will scan the print-out i got and upload it.

Jim

Mcgough said:
i brimmed mine £54 and it showed i had 370 miles left

Sorry mate, do you mean that you've been down to Jabbasport in yours? If you did, thats good going from newcastle!!! I wouldnt fancy doing you journey, mine felt bad enough!!

J

No mate not jabba, but the other day i went from newcastle to alton towers and my car only read 370 when i filled it up!!! even when i drove pretty easy before and after it never got higher!!

where is jabba??? I drove to bournmouth the other week that took 7hrs!

i got my car chipped at superchips i got 167bhp and 366nm.

Gough,

What engine is yours mate as standard?? is it a 1.9TDI bhp?? Just curious!

Does that seem like a big torque gain to you??? Looking at it, if you've had yours chipped and you came out with 366Nm?

It feels ONE HELL of a big difference, it flies lol.Got some pics going up soon too in my other thread - gave it some TLC today..

I'll post the link soon.

Did you have a chance to enjoy the Xbox? I found I was too exited and kept trying to see what was going on! Wish the window was above the rolling road.

Stringster said:
Did you have a chance to enjoy the Xbox? I found I was too exited and kept trying to see what was going on! Wish the window was above the rolling road.

Ha ha ha, i saw the xbox, but never had a go, i took my laptop with me, so i was browsing here and DW.

Quite impressed with the service, although ive no idea where the free drinks where???????? Ahh well not to worry eh!!

Still loving the car, best £475 ive spent!!!

J

Have you got round to scanning the dyno graph print outs yet?

Also, have you noticed any difference in fuel consumption? Or are you still at the stage: "I've now got more power, so I'll ******' use more power" !!! :jump:

Teutonic_Tamer said:
Have you got round to scanning the dyno graph print outs yet?

Also, have you noticed any difference in fuel consumption? Or are you still at the stage: "I've now got more power, so I'll ******' use more power" !!! :jump:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Erm, i'm trying to figure out what the fuel consumption is like yet. Although ive not been nailing it all the time!!

No i havn't scanned the graph yet, although i should be able to get round to it at some point tonight.

I'll upload it once i've scanned it.

JGrant1285 said:
No i havn't scanned the graph yet, although i should be able to get round to it at some point tonight.

I'll upload it once i've scanned it.

Have you done it yet?

mine has Powerbox on it and i have noticed a difference in the fuel consumption and oil! Likes throwing it out an all I have noticed!
Some TDI's are 90BHP, think that mine was that but I am unsure as to what its doing now. Its quicker but not quick enough. Next year, new car....RS B5!

JGrant1285 said:
no not yet mate, been busy, will defo be up by the weekend though.

I'm interested in hearing your views ;-)

I'm still waiting . . .

Stop ****** polishing, and start scanning!!!! :p :p :p :p