A4 1.8TQS 17" Alloys

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the sizes of these alloys?

Ive been looking at a set on ebay but they seem to be 8J and ET35 which i think is a bit wrong for an A4?

The bloke says they came from an A6, so perhaps the A6 got a wider version of the wheels?

Will this wider version fit?

Cheers

Kevin

Et 35 will come to the edge of the acrches lovely. IIRC the B5 can take from around ET 30 to ET 42 without spacers and such. I certainly have had both 35 and 42 on my 2wd car no problems

soupie arent yours 7.5" though?

these are 8" so they will already stick out 1/4" (6.35mm) more if they had the same offset add in the 43->35 they're going to stick out around (6.35mm + 8mm) more than the A4 version of the same wheel which i think might be a bit too much??

i get some pics up tomorrow of mine with 8*19 et35 wheels on lowered car, may give you some idea to were they come, mine i damn near the arches edge, but i am running 235 tyres on the 19 inch rim, so the 17's may look nice.

its not just all about looks though, the suspension geometry is going to be affected by both the wider rims and the altered offset and i don't want to make a purchase that messes with the handling just to make it look better.

Some pics would be good tho, cheers

I think they will be fine.

I have 20mm spacers on the rear of mine and 15mm spacers on the front.

If they dont fit, I will swap you 2 so then have 7.5 at the front and 8 at the rear so looks slightly staggered. As I have a spare set in my garage.

with the different offset you may notice a bit of tramlining, as i think it is because you are changing the kingpin inclination angle or something. long time since i did suspension theory.

check mine in the classifieds, they are OEM from a B5