A4 1.8t Quattro B5 Springs?

GoomMatt

Reaction score
Hey, I have the facelift (180bhp) 1.8t Quattro, from 99-01 and am having trouble getting original springs for the rear (lowered 30mm).
Was wondering if the best bet would be to just buy a full set of after-market as they only seem to come in a set of 4.
Any advice on which to buy/ not to buy?

Do you want aftermarket or just a set of standard springs?

I'm removing my sports suspension from my B5 avant, your more than welcome to the rear springs.

They won't fit Scott as the TQS springs are modle specific.

I had a similar issue and went aftermarket, although i was lucky enough to score a new set for under £80 deivered and they are not too low, just nice

What make did you end up going for? I believe Eibach are supposed to be decent, but are looking more like £150-200.

Will these do the trick?

H&R Lowering Springs / Spring Kit for Audi - larkspeed.comhey dont specify the exact model as such, i.e 1.8t. But they are quattro for the right age.....?

forget the H&R's. They only sell one spring which covers all quattro models, which cant possibly be right and will probably result in serious reverse rake on a 1.8T

I've got a Eibach kit on mine which gives factory ride quality and a nice drop.

P1040558.JPG

If you go Eibach make sure you order the springs for a car without Air Conditioning though, as the the ones listed for AC models arent right.

forget the H&R's. They only sell one spring which covers all quattro models, which cant possibly be right and will probably result in serious reverse rake on a 1.8T

I've got a Eibach kit on mine which gives factory ride quality and a nice drop.

If you go Eibach make sure you order the springs for a car without Air Conditioning though, as the the ones listed for AC models arent right.

Ah ok, i was wondering with the Eibach. Was looking at them at the same time and they were the ones i was most likely going for. I just didnt know about the H&R due to the one spring fits all..

Did you just put on the -30mm Eibach then? And do you know if they do any slightly lower? Not rediculous, just fancied a bit lower (say 40mm) if im having to go after-market anyway.

Cheers

They only do one height in their pro-kit range.

IMO its a really nice height. I can take a more side-on shot tomorrow for you so you can see the height better?

They only do one height in their pro-kit range.

IMO its a really nice height. I can take a more side-on shot tomorrow for you so you can see the height better?

Cool, i do agree. Mine was lowered 30mm standard as its the 180bhp facelift, but just thought i might look into just slightly lower. But a pic would be awesome as i've had the wrong springs on mine for a while due to one being cracked previously =/

Oh for completeness i measured the distance between the arch to the ground and it was 64cm all round.

You can compare this with yours to get an idea of the lowering you'll get.

although mine is not quattro i had H&R race springs ride was quite harsh. i know have Eibach pro kit havent looked back TBH. nicer ride also