A4 1.4 TFSi Drinking Oil?

MrMag

Reaction score
Anyone else having this problem.. or is it in fact normal?

I've had the car since May and the oil is almost on the Minimum mark. Should it be drinking this much oil in 8 months?

Are you measuring it by the MMI oil indicator? If yes this isn't all the oil in the engine just the first litre or two. At least this is what I was told. Very odd really.

I had the same issue. It was booked in, they topped it up and told me it was normal.

You should still call your local dealer as yours does sound a bit worse than mine so best to get it checked out.

They can come from the factory low, my 1.4 A3 never used much at all, same engine, so they haven't a reputation for drinking it...

How many miles has it done ?. New engines can use quite a bit of oil. The wife has just had a 1.2 TSI Polo and looking in the Handbook it says that oil consumption can be upto 1L per 2000Km and may be higher in the first 5000 Km. just fill it up using the correct oil and keep an eye on it.

Thanks All

Its only done 7000 miles but i guess you are right that it will use a bit more oil as the engine is breaking in.