A4 1.4 Sport to S5 Sportback! Yipeeee

Liddo

S5 Sportback Lease
Reaction score
Morning All

Just joined the forum to gather more info on my new lease that will be arriving end of Sept.

I leased an A4 1.4 TFSI Sport last June on a 2yr lease at £180 a month (stupid not to). Its a lovely
car for pottering around in, but not much umph! I'd signed up to Contractcars.com about a year
ago and they've been battering me with deals for the last year. Well, last week, a deal come through
for the S5 Sportback at £380 a month, so I've ended my A4 early and gone for the S5.
Its a standard car but with the virtual cockpit in phantom black, and I cant WAIT to drive the thing. I've been impressed with all the reviews on YouTube, and even more impressed with the MPG their getting.

I think I'll be keeping this one the full 2yrs

Cheers

Paul

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Paul, welcome to Audi-sport.net. We look forward to the pics. Enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Paul!

Congrats for you choice, you wont be disappointed!
I must warn you about the MPG tho, don't believe everything you read. Unless you drive it like a diesel car driver aged over 70, you wont get any more than 30. I'm getting 26 on my first 2000 miles. To be fair I like to rev it and to have fun on country roads, but I imagine thats the reason someone even consider buying a car like this.

Cheers chaps, if i can get anywhere near 30 id be made up to be honest. Im nearly 50, so I wont be driving it like a loon (well, not often).
The exhaust flap mod seems interesting, Id love it to sound sporty ALL the time. Pitty you cant really set it in the "drive select" section.

I've had Scoobs, lots of Volvo T5s, a couple of BM M Sports, but nothing with this amount of power. Cant wait ;)

I've done the exhaust flap mod, it was easy. The sound really comes out afterwards, but only in "normal" modes. If you stick it to Efficiency mode (this is your only chance for 3x mpg) then the transmission will shift gears at around 1000-1200rpm and you don't really hear the sound there.

Someone will surely tell you that they just did 4x mpg on a round trip, but its most likely they've been stuck behind a lorry on a country road 45mi/h and similar situations.

Feel free to have a look at my stats:
https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/845378.html

The best here is the one at 14.07.2017, this is 60% motorway(some congestions, not too much), rest is country road behind traffic, very little fun all around and almost no city driving. 300 mile round trip and 31mpg.

If you drive a lot on motorways and country roads you can get this figure, but if you roaming around towns and sometimes country roads then its 2x I'm afraid.

DOH! Yip, mine is mostly around town. Never mind, if I wanted economy I would of gone for the Dirty Diesel ;)

From what Ive read, the exhaust mod throws up errors. Being a lease car, Im wondering whether I should be playing around with it if it does?

Weirdly, with the reviews on youtube, you can hear the exhaust really well. Maybe their in Sport mode all the time!

Anyway, will post pics up when she arrives ;)

Yeah, sport mode will sound better, but its a bit jerky in town. Revs like hell and throttle response is a killer, so I'd advise to use that on country roads only. Also sports mode(Dynamic actually) sets the suspension to stiff and its not nice on the bumps and craps roads. And the steering is sharper and harder too, you dont want that in the roundabouts.

It is true indeed, that the exhaust mod will throw some error messages, but they are easy to reset with ODB Eleven or that sort of things (after you've replugged the cords of course).
Doing the exhaust mod is a no brainer. It really gives a soul to the car without you having to beat the crap out of it. Even just normal driving in "Auto mode" will give you amazing exhaust sound. It vibrates very nicely around 1900-2100RPM and that is how far it will go with just city driving in Auto mode. And its not the annoying modded corsa type exhaust sound, its deep and just sounds lovely. On the youtube videos you dont hear this sound, because the flaps wont even open until like 3000rpm. I try and see if I can make a video of it and I'll post it to the exhaust mod thread later.

About the mpg, to me it doesn't really matter, its more about smile per mile. If you can afford to get a car like this you should be able to afford the constant refuelling too.

Cheer KBB, I'm looking forward to the vids now, and will deffo do the mod ;) Best get me some ODB Eleven

;)