A3_Adam's Build thread

A3_Adam

Reaction score
Hey guys,

After a few new modifications I thought it was time for a build thread.

Here's the car as it was when I first bought it, completely standard and in need of a bit of TLC.

18072010033-1.jpg

First thing I added was Ipod connectivity to the original concert stereo.

There were a few major scrapes and scuffs on the front bumper and chips and small dents in the bonnet, so instead of just repairing and respraying it I decided it was time for a facelift.

How it looked after the facelift and black optics grille:

DSCF2398-v2.jpg

Next it was time to update the rear, so I started by debadging and also purchased myself a set of MY09's.

DSC_0035.jpg

While I was at uni I was looking for a few cheap things to do to the interior, so added an S3 light switch and thought I'd give plastidipping my door inlays ago.

DSC_0001.jpg

A closeup

DSC_0007.jpg

Much better then the old wooden SE trim.

Next on the list to sort out was the skyhigh ride height :laugh:. so I set about searching and came across a bargain set of HnR Springs and Bilstein B4 dampers. Got these installed yesterday all ready for AITP.

After a good clean using stuff I'd ordered from Juicy Detailing (Thanks Jen), this is how it stands, ready for AITP.

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

Thanks for looking , any feedback appreciated :thumbsup:

Looking good, ride height makes all the difference.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Hoping I'll be able to make up my mind alloys wise after finding some inspiration at AITP :laugh:.

After a brilliant day at AITP I figured I couldn't leave empty handed, so after seeing them in a mates 8L S3 I went and bought a full interior LED set from Trups.

Here's a few pics:

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

Amazing what a difference they make to the interior, really bring it up to date :yahoo:.

Before then I had a go at retrofitting the OEM LED numberplate lights but after Trups and I both couldn't get them to work at AITP I had to find another solution in the form of his LED Bulbs.

Here are the results

DSC_0326.jpg

Definitely an improvement over the old yellow ones.

After a brilliant day at AITP I figured I couldn't leave empty handed, so after seeing them in a mates 8L S3 I went and bought a full interior LED set from Trups.

Definitely an improvement over the old yellow ones.

Great job mate! How much is a set from Trups?

Lovin all the mods you've been doing mate.

I really really need to start modding mine..

Nice work I like to see a blank canvas come together, The door covers look alot better than wood keep up the good work

Thanks guys, just dropped it off to get them fitted and a full alignment done. Will put up some more pics as soon as its collected.

Just got it back from JTT Autotech, all aligned and new wheels fitted. Brilliant service from them, even delivered it back and gave it a much needed wash.

Anyway here's a print out of the alignment:

DSC_00392.jpg

And a few new pics of the new additions:

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_00352.jpg

DSC_00342.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Lets us know what you think :D

Big Transformation wheels make a car Only thing what offset are the wheels look like they could do with 10mm spacers to bring them out a bit more but do like it have you anymore plans

Looking good mate, reminds me of my last a3, what's next?

Erm not sure at the minute, maybe an Sline spoiler and exhaust tips but then I'll see about replacing the standard interior.

Big Transformation wheels make a car Only thing what offset are the wheels look like they could do with 10mm spacers to bring them out a bit more but do like it have you anymore plans

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw that pic. Offsets 43 I think and yeah a few more plans as I said above.

Just another Q did you fit the front and was wondering if it's just a bumper and bonnet swop or did you need a slam panel

Haven't updated this for a while as been busy with exams and moving up to Newcastle for a placement. Sadly over the winter the mods had to be put on hold as the ECU managed to get water into it, have no idea how but it caused the car to only start periodically until it just stopped altogether.

Anyway managed to get a recon unit for a good price and after my first pay day contacted Andrew at DTUK to enquire about a tuning box. Placed the order and can't wait for it to arrive :D

Here's a more recent pic after a good wash:

good thread so far - i have an akoya silver sportback and find it quite difficult to find the right item for the car due to the colour however im loving that grill. Was it simple to fit and where did you get it from?

Tom

good thread so far - i have an akoya silver sportback and find it quite difficult to find the right item for the car due to the colour however im loving that grill. Was it simple to fit and where did you get it from?

Tom

Relatively simple job to fit it, purchased it straight from the dealer as was fed up of waiting for one to come up on ebay. You can get one much cheaper from FK automotive but that one is matt black as compared to this one.