A3 Won't start No Dash lights

fahmed

Reaction score
At first My 2011 Audi A3 starts for 2 seconds then stops and there are no lights on the display, now it won't start at all, any advice!?

1st idea was the immo as it started then stopped, but as it won't start at all, then it shouldn't be that the issue.

Does the engine turn over as in it tries to start or the starter isn't even engaging?

1st idea was the immo as it started then stopped, but as it won't start at all, then it shouldn't be that the issue.

Does the engine turn over as in it tries to start or the starter isn't even engaging?
It tries to start you can hear the engine is struggling to start but as I said it was starting for 2 seconds earlier but not anymore.

It's probably a flat battery now if it's been turning over for ages.

Charge it up if not done already & try again.

However ideally it needs logging to see if it's thrown any error codes.

If it's not firing it could be a number of things.

Which engine is it?

It's probably a flat battery now if it's been turning over for ages.

Charge it up if not done already & try again.

However ideally it needs logging to see if it's thrown any error codes.

If it's not firing it could be a number of things.

Which engine is it?
its remote locking, windows, headlights radio etc. working fine, It is

1.6 TDI SE 3d S Tronic 2011/61 Diesel Automatic​

Even with a battery very low those things can still work.

Turning the engine over takes a huge whack of load, so that proves little ATM, it's speculative of course as can't really diagnose over the net.

You need to log the car for errors.

Even with a battery very low those things can still work.

Turning the engine over takes a huge whack of load, so that proves little ATM, it's speculative of course as can't really diagnose over the net.

You need to log the car for errors.
Thanks I will get someone to do it for me. Thanks for your advice NHN. I will update you.

I bet the dash is goosed, and now a dead battery. This cold weather really shows up a bad battery