A3 Wing Mirror Glitch

Deze2014

A4 b8,s3 8v, q7 4l, SQ5 8r
Reaction score
I have recently just purchased a new wing mirror inside(without the housing)when searching for this part I used the part number of the 1 off my car which is broken from the stand so it hangs down the side of my door so iv brought this new part for my 2009 audi a3 1.9tdi sportback and tried to put the housing of my current wing mirror which is the right colour around this new 1 and after a while of pulling my hair out I come to the conclusion it's not the right 1 I asked the seller would it fit my 2009 before I bought it and he said yeah as it's 09 to 12 does any1 no how and were I went rong are the mirrors different on 3dr to 5dr? You can tell it's wrong by seeing where the indicator is my 1 is in the housing and the other 1 is on the trim line as you attach them together

The mirrors are different as they changed in 10/11 again, you need the lower pic version, seller is wrong & yes 3 & 5 dr are different in the alum chassis fitting part.

Yeah that's right mate I currently have the bottom 1 on my car but it got snapped off by the joint so I managed to take the housing off as is right colour and not damaged then iv brought the top pics mirror with out the housing I didn't no it changed again till the 13 shape which is the 8v so basically the 2009 model is the only mirror that will fit and match my car thanks for you advice very helpfull

You can fit other years but of course yours has an indicator & of course you need them to match.

If yours aren't folding, then buy the unit from audi, its about £75 approximately.

We supply/fit these if needed, dependent where you are.

Hiya mate I just looked on eBay and iv seen the same mirror as mine drivers side but is full mirror with the housing I read description and the seller has clearly got that it only fits 3dr models and not sportbacks 111437788903 that's the eBay item number