a3 Tuning Boxes

• Thread starter imported_pmcmaster
  • Start date
I

imported_pmcmaster

hi,
i know this might be in the wrong forum but the 'tuning' or 'diesel' forums don't seem to get much response /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
i've been looking at tuning boxes for the a3 tdi (110bhp). so far i see a number of choices, some cheap around £100 and some quite expensive (£300-£500 may as well get the car chipped!)

does anyone have experience of any of the following?
mr hoot (dragon performance)
hhtuning
and 'car power' or 'red i tuning' as advertised on ebay (no separate web sites as far as i can tell)

i am particularly intersted in the hhtuning box due to its price.... any pro's and cons?

thanks in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
;p

I got my box from Dragon Performance off ebay when they were called something else! Cost £100, and works a treat. Done over 30k with it on, passes the MOT every year, no increase in fuel consumption, and goes like a train.

However.... if you're going to spend over £250 on a box, i'd save a bit more and go down the proper route with a re-map.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

how much break does one of these boxes give ya then?

Couldn't say for sure because I've never had mine on a rolling road, however, they claim 25% increase, and my car now blows my brother's A4 130tdi into the weeds, where as before, he was well ahead

most of them are quoting at least 25% increase -so 110 would go up to 137ish

;p