1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A3 towbar module

boosta10 Feb 2, 2011

1. boosta10

boosta10 New Member

I'm currentrly in the process of fitting a towbar to my A3 tdi quattro, i have sourced the westfalia removable towbar (321751) lower bumper section (8P3807434C) and i got the 12n towing electrical kit from Audi (ZGB8P0055203A).

Within the electrical kit it makes refernce to a towing module (not in box), does anyone know the part number for this and an approximate cost?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Cyrix

Cyrix Member

It would be much easier and cheaper just to purchase a 7 way bypass relay and wire it in that way.

I've had the same bars fitted to both my A3's for quite some time without any issues, I mainly use the towbar for my bike rack but every so often tow my 16ft car trailer/box trailer places.

4. denraf

denraf Member

Partnumber: 8P0907383
    Price: ebay <50&#8364;

Can you give some more details on the electrical kit? And maybe some pictures?

5. boosta10

boosta10 New Member

Thanks for the information, i've managed to source one on ebay for &#8364;40. I'll try and get some pictures up later of the wiring kit. The kit itself is about £65 from audi. I'll also try and post a copy of the installation instructions included if i can.

6. denraf

denraf Member

This electrical kit, is that the wiring from the car to the module or from the module to the hitch connector?

7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

From car to module, as towbar should come with a wiring set attached already.

8. denraf

denraf Member

Went to my audi dealer and he can't find the electrical kit ZGB8P0055203A. He can only offer me the full kit for over 500€. Someone with more details about this?

9. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Tell him to look in the dialogue parts system, not in etka as the ZGB wont show up in etka.

10. Avus Sportback

Avus Sportback Member

Guys, I have been through all this, Audi claim they can no longer supply the 12n kit and now only the 13pin kit therefore buy this kit off eBay which is what I did NEW AUDI A3 SPORTBACK 7 PIN TOWBAR ELECTRICS | eBay

The Kits a Bargain!

This kit is only suitable for cars with the brake switch at the brake pedal, my car didn't have the switch there but the wires can be connected directly to the Central Electrics unit.