A3 - Torn engine splash guard

jbw

Reaction score
Website
www.anotheragenda.com
Sunday Morning I reversed off 'the grassy bank' at my folks house and heard this graunching noise.
Upon inspection I found I'd managed to rip and bend back part of the plastic that sits at the underside of the front of the vehicle below the engine. :sob:

I've no idea what this is called but I'm guessing this is to keep water away from the engine. I got some industrial strength tape and stuck it back together so it's not urgent but does anyone know what sort of costs are involved in getting it replaced?

cheers,
J

If it's the middle sump guard section then it's about £15-£20 IIRC and your dealer usually has them in stock.

Dieselgeek do a range of stainless steel ones that look smart and do the job, however are £200ish, have a look at their site. I know ECS tuning did a carbon fibre one. However I am unable to find ones for the A3 only TT or Golfs. So if anyone knows ofmwhere to get them it would be appreciated.

Of all the things worth upgrading on a car I'd imagine that particular part has to be so far on the bottom of the list, it's not even on the list, along with a carbon fibre fuel tank and platinum sump plug.

lol @ AndyMac

mine isn't even there on the car. it's sitting in the garage

My mechanic calls that a '****-shield' because all it does is stop crap off the road going up into your engine bay. It doesn't offer your sump much protection at all anyway. Mine came off about 6 months ago and I've not bothered replacing it.