A3 to a5

Navsta

Reaction score
Moving A3 8p to here. When I test drove an a5 2.0 tdi Quattro sline 177 bhp 13 plate in midnight blue. I knew I had to buy her. amazing car I'm a noob to the model variants so don't know much about this car. It's got flat bottom steering wheel and headlights like a black edition but it isn't one ?
now I'm thinking mods probably won't do any short term like but what are musts or recommended ones you'd have. Thanks

Reactions: daytonamart
Sounds like a good car, I've done the move from 8P to A5 Sportback.

I'd say I miss the nimbleness of the A3 as the 5 is a bit more of a barge but the interior quality and build far out stretch this.

Reactions: irowpod and voorhees
Coming from the A3 to the A5, also like I did, you'll probably miss the 'nippiness' most too start off with.

If you did want to mod then a map would help the above.

If it's not got interior LED's then that's also a worthwhile investment.

Just look at my signature to know what I think of modding:rock:

Coming from the A3 to the A5, also like I did, you'll probably miss the 'nippiness' most too start off with.

If you did want to mod then a map would help the above.

If it's not got interior LED's then that's also a worthwhile investment.

Just look at my signature to know what I think of modding:rock:
That's cool man I pick up tomorrow well excited. I had led from trups for A3 will do for A5 :)
I did a remap for the A3 awesome at first but had problems from then on turbo went. Fixed that then just started feeling worse an worse. Then recently I've felt heard the clutch chattering bearing and turbo noises again.

Reactions: Swanny356
Welcome to the A5 section @Navsta . We look forward to the pics:)

Interested to hear your thoughts as I'm going the other way...S5 to S3 in September!

Did the same thing, but plumped for a 3.0tdi. You will as said miss the nippiness a bit from the a3, but you soon get used to using smoother steering input to avoid the understeer. The quattro helps massively with the handling as well, and personally I'd struggle to go back to FWD on a car this big! Hope you enjoy it!!