A3 tfsi Buying advice

Vicko

Reaction score
Hi, guys, I am looking at buying a A3 sportback, 8-8.5K budget, any things to look out for when viewing?
Looking at maybe the 1.8 TFSI s line but found a Black edition close by that is tempting

My wife bought a 2009 1.8TFSI last year, car now has 57k on it

You have to be weary though that the 1.8t has tensioner issues - we took out extended warranty with the car. Thankfully nothing tensioner wise has gone wrong but its always in the back of my mind

Personally I would buy a 2.0tfsi

FB IMG 1464775708307

FB IMG 1464775712640

My votes for the 2.0 TFSI but I'm biased as I have one myself.

very nice, I own a 1.8t too. +1 on the timing chain, not much else really that's specific to the engine other than the typical a3 issues - wiper motor etc.

Whats the spec?

very nice, I own a 1.8t too. +1 on the timing chain, not much else really that's specific to the engine other than the typical a3 issues - wiper motor etc.

Whats the spec?

I have bought a a3 1.8 tfsi, 2010, black edition, in black, 1 lady owner 56000 on the clock, 18's, half leather, audi fsh
Looks like it has a lot of options bose stereo, led drl's etc.
I don't know what else as don't get it until tomoz, not sure what's different in this compared to other specs as never owned a audi before

Look out for things like: multi functional steering wheel, parking sensors, auto lights/wipers, heated seats, bluetooth, auto dimming mirror, bose, xenons.