A3 TDI Sport build thread

roston100

Reaction score
So i brought my car in January of this year with no plans to change anything but already it appears i cant help myself! Got it from a dealer with full leather, full longlife service history and 74k on the clock. Colour is ebony black.

How it looked when i brought it:

AETV17397467_1.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

Within a couple of weeks I had done a few bits - changing the wheels from 17" to 18" newer s-line wheels. I also fitted s-line springs and purchased a private plate. I have also changed the oil to regular oil as I am not a fan of the longlife idea.

IMG_3833-1-2.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

june113.jpg

Since then I have fitted:
* Osram nightbreaker bulbs
* Footwell lights (courtesy of Robin A3)
* MY09 rear lights
* New OEM mats all round
* S-line rear spoiler
* S-line rear quarter badges
* Twin straight exhaust pipes

june112.jpg

june11.jpg

I also have a newer s-line rear valance waiting to be fitted which should complete the rear end. Once that is completed I will be fitting the 8P2 front bumper (s-line) which will finish the exterior. Interior wise I will be fitting MK2 TT vents and S3 pedals. I also plan to fit the washer jets off a passat as my single squirt ones are pretty useless.

Sorry for quality of pics - taken from my iphone! :)

Looks good mate, my cars pretty similar spec wise

Once the mods start you'll never be finished!!! As I've found the hard way xD

Good work mate! Do you have any larger photos of the rear of the car, in particular the exhaust tips? Just interested to see how these fit in relation to the bumper on a non-sportback model.

Looking good mate.

I see you say you're going to fit a rear s-line valance and a front 8P2 front s-line bumper. Aren't you going to fit a rear s-line bumper too??
If not, you're going to end up wih rubs strips at the back and none at the front.

i will at some stage pal but i thought i found a bargain (ended up getting ripped off hence my thread warning buyers on here) so i went for it.

Thanks for those :) They look really good! Would it have been possible to get them sitting more flush with the bumper? I assume this would be the case if you removed the larger downturned pipes like DanB986 did on his thread, or did you just want them sat out a little?

yeah i could have had them more flush, i just wanted them to stick out an inch or 2!

Ah yes, say no more. :thumbsup:

Do you notice much of a difference (looks and ride) going from Sport springs to S-line?? Did you keep the same shocks?
Don't suppose you've got a side on view, before and after???

cant tell the difference ride quality wise and yeah i kept the same shocks. It is lower but its hard to say by how much, as i fitted bigger wheels at the same time. no side on pics though - sorry pal