A3 TDi insurance

Mike1981

Reaction score
Picking my new car up next week and I'm struggling to get insurance quotes for it. As in the car isn't listed. Any one else having this problem? A3 S Line 184bhp TDi SB 2015 :3sadwalk:

Last edited:
Who have you tried. I had not problem getting a quote and finding my A3 which is similar to the you as you are getting except that it is a Sport s-tronic quattro rather than an S-Line. I'm currently with Liverpool Victoria and my renewal comes up in a couple of weeks. I have had several calls from brokers giving me quotes for the car but so far none of them have come anywhere near my renewal figure from LV. I even went on to the LV website and did a new quote and it came out more than my renewal which is the first time that has happened for quite a while.

Yeah finding the sport is not a problem. Just can't seem to find the s line. Have tried aviva tesco admiral and confused so far. Getting fed up with putting all my details in every time I search a different company

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

I used confused.com with no problems.

Confused.com list the 3 door no problem, but not the 5 door

I used confused.com with an s-line sportback 184 tdi, no issues at all and an age of 23

Oh sorry didn't see you put 5 door :0

Reactions: Mike1981
Just been on confused again in case I was going mad and the cars just not listed on their. Number plate was only assigned to the car 2 days ago so have to put the car in manually. Have 2 months insurance remaining with tesco and they're stumped as well. Currently waiting for them to phone me back if they can sort something out.

Just altered an old Aviva quote I have, the only 184bhp is the cabrio version...strange.

Tesco just phoned me back saying that car doesn't exist???!!! They've done something and it's now insured as a 5 door 185 bhp s line. Weird, but glad they've sorted something so I can have it taxed and drive it

If they have changed the engine size but only on paper , how would you be covered as its not as registered with dvla as a 185 bhp car ? or am I just being stupid ! !

My mind was at rest until you raised that point. I'm in the Audi dealers tomorrow afternoon so I'll have a chat with the salesman about it. Insurers asked if it was a new recent variant of A3. My 1st Audi so I don't even know when this model 1st came out. Tesco insurance are saying I'm definitely insured on it though, even with the discrepancy on power

Sorry I didn't mean to worry but I would check with the insurance ombudsman or the lists the police use to check if its insured .
Or do a check online through dvla to check if the cars insured