A3 TDI induction kit

iknow about all the threads on induction kits im not asking that. im asking if anyone has one of these ?

Nope to answer your question,

But as stated above, flow tests have been done on the air boxes and allow maximum air flow. I have had a open cone and a panel filter. Neither made much performance difference from stock. only difference is noise, open cone gives like a Darth Vader noise on gear change, green cotton and my piper cross give a slight ttsshhh on gear change.

The only time i would think a open cone would be of any use is when a larger turbo is fitted and you need to overcome the standard flow rate, but this would not only require filter it would need revised induction routes.

Jonny.

cheers dude yeh all i want its the Tsshh noise like a Wastegate and i herd there better from a cone but if your saying that piper cross one then il go with that do you know if this one is paper or a foam oiled one because apparently the foam oiled ones Mess the turbo up?

all i want is the TTSSSSSHHHHH noise like a BOV or Wastgate

Piper cross is a dry foam AFAIK

Correct, any filters like K&N which have oils applied can drag the oil through the intake and feck the MAF up.

And you will not achieve that type of noise from a derv, i mean you will hear a ttsshhh but it isnt mind blowing lol.

I will attempt to get a video for you of mine if you want?

whats a Derv? and yeah man if you could get a vid it would be much appreciated and you say you have the pipercross one ?

Thanks

Lol yeah as above cheers Lee :)

And yes I have piper cross which I linked above fella

Cheers man any chance of a vid and it's it noticeable from the standard tssshhhhh

Yeah will sort a vid when car is back on road as currently sat on chocks of wood and axle stands while I detail it 8)

Yes you can hear it when window is down, what engine have you got in your car BTW?

2.0tdi 140bhp cr engine what you got and when the windows are down I can hear my standard tssshhh quite loud also have the back box cut out and a straight pipe

got the pannel filter installed no difference in noise to the standard filter

There wont be its a sealed box ;) if you do drill holes drill in the half under the filter ;)

Would the drilled holes and the filter not be too close to the heat of the turbo etc being immediately above the turbo?

Just a thought?

Just buy the pipercross panel filter I had one on my 170 golf tdi and it made the dump valve noise when you changed gear between 2 and 3000 rpm.

Same on my mates 140 gold too.

:)

Would the drilled holes and the filter not be too close to the heat of the turbo etc being immediately above the turbo?

Just a thought?

yes it will draw heat in

Just buy the pipercross panel filter I had one on my 170 golf tdi and it made the dump valve noise when you changed gear between 2 and 3000 rpm.

Same on my mates 140 gold too.

:)

he has, read the thread lol

it makes the same Tssshhh as it did with the standard filter and yes i have a piper cross one