a3 TDI 170 - DPF removal and custom remap in Wales?

Damien.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

had the dreaded DPF light up on my car a few days ago. A long hard drive cleared it and all seems good at the moment but I'm dreading it happening again. I am seriously considering getting the DPF removed and getting a custom remap. A quick google search shows numerous places but I am looking for one a bit closer to home.

Any recommended shops in Wales that do this?

Thanks in advance.

Chances are one of your sensors are failing; unless the car is of a high mileage??

I would get the car checked out first as it could be a cheap and simple fix

The DPF light isn't too much of a worry, they do come on occassionally and it isn't impending doom - you just need to make sure you take it out for a drive constant speed at full operating temp. What you need to do is be conscious of how the car is driven, try and avoid a series of short cold start journies. I know it sounds daft having to keep a track of how the car is driven but I've only seen the light on mine a handful of times now in about 3yrs of ownership.

We used to have a 2008 170 and the DPF light used to come on every 200 mile, this was because my lass used the car when I was at work from the school work and back so a grand total of 10miles stop start, most of the time the engine temp never went over 50c

So when I got back from work I had to give it a good drive or force regen.

Got sick of it after a while so bought the S3 and traded the A3 in it was a good car to be honest.

My advice would be if you do short journeys is have it removed.

Cheers Dan