A3 Sportback Vs Fiesta

smee

Reaction score
Guess which won?

Had an accident on Wednesday in the sportback. A fiesta managed to come across a traffic island and hit my car. No question of fault as they were on my side of the road when they hit me. My brother and I were in my car and we are both fine. Unfortunately the driver of the Fiesta had to go to hospital with neck pains.
As the photos show the A3 looks ok but the current estimate is £4,500 to repair. So ot looks better than it is.

Hope this works I have never used photobucket before..........

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

N8KOW said:
Oh dear. I had an accident as well 2 weeks ago and wrote off my car, sorry to hear about that!

Hope you were ok after yours. I almost wish mine was writen off as they never feel the same after being repaired.

I take it the Fiesta bounced off something before coming to rest on yours ? Other than the front corner yours looks ok

Your car looks like it'll drive, the Fiesta on the other hand....

SteveTDCi said:
I take it the Fiesta bounced off something before coming to rest on yours ? Other than the front corner yours looks ok

It bounced off the kerb of the traffic island only. All of the damage is from when it hit my car.

Mine looks ok but looks can be deceiving £4,500 to repair!

Oh dear although your car won its still a sickener mate hope you get it sorted quickly.

Bad luck mate, not the best thing to happen right on Xmas but at least you and your mate are safe and ok, did your airbags go off? The reason I ask is a friend had a very minor shunt that set off the airbags in his A3, it was a leather interior so the bill for repair came to about £5000...

unkle said:
Bad luck mate, not the best thing to happen right on Xmas but at least you and your mate are safe and ok, did your airbags go off? The reason I ask is a friend had a very minor shunt that set off the airbags in his A3, it was a leather interior so the bill for repair came to about £5000...

Thanks unkle, the airbags did not go off. Not too sure why as it was quite a big impact, look at the front of the Fiesta, but I suppose as it was not head on the airbags did not deem it neccessary to deploy.

The third pic in that collection shows the Sportback in all it's glory... cracking! (NO Pun intended)

Sorry to hear about your smash, glad you are okay though.

Ironic you were driving through an area with sign posts saying "Controlled Zone"

I cant see £4500 worth of damage to the car, can see the bonnet has risen up slightly so there must must be an issue with alignment

unlucky though, at least you werent driving the fiesta.

Sorry to hear your bad news mate. I'd be well ****** off if it happenned to me, so can only feel for you.

£4500 is quite alot, Just wondering, at what stage they would write a car of like this? Obviously on your part you don't want to end up with a car that shows an insurance claim agaisnt it as you'll find it difficult to resale, and inevitably loose the residual value of the car. if indeed thats how the system works?

I'd push to have it written off. Better luck anyway mate

Its around 70% of the vehicles value when they write something off, we have just had a Ford Fusion written off, that was with £5100 worth of damage.

Sorry to hear your bad news mate. I'd be well ****** off if it happenned to me, so can only feel for you.

£4500 is quite alot, Just wondering, at what stage they would write a car of like this? Obviously on your part you don't want to end up with a car that shows an insurance claim agaisnt it as you'll find it difficult to resale, and inevitably loose the residual value of the car. if indeed thats how the system works?

I'd push to have it written off. Better luck anyway mate

£4500 isn't a lot really. I had a very minor ding in my car (idiot hit me on a roundabout) the only damage was a small dent to the passenger side wing (looked like the sort of damage you could do with a good kick) and a 2" crack to the front bumper. £2000 to fix it.

J.

sorry to hear about the smash up glad you and your brother are ok it just shows how well the audis are made though compared to a ford

sorry to hear about the smash up glad you and your brother are ok it just shows how well the audis are made though compared to a ford

eh?

compare apples with apples

A3 is a silimar size to a focus, I'll happily lend my A3 to crash against a focus if you know a willing focus owner

eh?

compare apples with apples

A3 is a silimar size to a focus, I'll happily lend my A3 to crash against a focus if you know a willing focus owner

ok ill sort something out as it happens i know loads of focus owners....... my previous car was a focus and i was a member of focusowners

:respekt:

That made me laugh out loud...

I was over £1800 for a rear end shunt to my A4.
The woman's Hyundai something-or-other looked like that Fiesta, my A4 was barely touched (apparently).
Scratched bumper and bootlid, cracked rear lens.
On one hand, I was impressed.
On the other hand, I couldn't help thinking the impact passed into the cabin was pretty severe and maybe the A4 should maybe have crumpled a bit more to soften it...?

£4500? Pah

My friend took me out for a spin in his New M3. After playing with the SMG settings ended up in mode 6 (no traction). 90mph and a sharp bend later we ended up in a farmers field Dukes of Hazard style. Cost to repair? £15000. Needless to say he "chopped" it in for another one. Drove the new one off singing a song about gap insurance afaik....