A3 Sportback Side Repeated Issue

_GRP_

Q3 S-Line
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

OK, Had a bulb symbol and message come onto my DIS basicly saying my right hand side, side repeaters not working. Checked the bulb itself and this is fine (swapped it for the other side) and looked in my owners book regarding fuses, could not see a specific fuse for the side repeater, does it share fuses?

Anyone got any other ideas?
I guess an auto electrician to see if there is still a feed to the connectors?

George

Are the indicators front and back working ok? I didn't know the DIS actually said 'side repeaters not working'

yep, front/rear indicators/hazards working fine.
see exact message here:
warning%20message.jpg

That's not the repeater itself, it's saying the right side indicators are not working !

Mine says exactly that first thing in a morning, and to clear it I just push the indicator to the right and it flashes at three times normal speed for two or three seconds and then clears !

Don't know why but it may be due to a lowish battery voltage first thing in the morning. Fault code appears on scan but I just clear it.

Once it has cleared in a morning it doesn't happen again.

a red herring then?.....it happend once before then cleared itself, bit it's appeared every day on my drive to work this week and the bulb symbol stays illuminated on the DIS. All the indicators are working, and left hand side repeater... but the right is definately not.
seems to be quite a lot of condensation/moisture on the right hand side repeater lens itself.

Did you say you had swapped bulbs over? Left hand repeater working yes ?

Swap left and right repeater bulbs and see what happens. If only left still works then both bulbs are ok and the fitting on the right hand side is suspect, or the wiring to it.

yep, swapped bulbs so an issue with the wiring on the right hand repeater... so auto electrician?

Just been outside agian trying to solve the problem, wanting to check the fuses but can't see to work out which one is for the right hand repeater, manuals not very clear, aby ideas?

There isn't a fuse for the right hand repeater !

All the lights on the right hand side are covered by one fuse, and all the lights on the left hand side by another fuse !

Thanks for confifming Mike, thought that maybe the case.
So lose wire/faulty buld connector then.

George

so, get up to drive to work today.... get in car, no error message on the DIS and the side repeaters working fine....