A3 Sportback Rear Bumper 08 onwards

MoAudi1.8T

Reaction score
Alright guys,

does anyone know if the s-line rear bumpers on 2008 a3 onwards the same because as far as I can see, its just the diffuser which is different?

so is it possible to fit a s3 rear bumper diffuser to a 08- s line bumper?

cheers,

mo

No you can't mate, but luckily for you I'll have one of those with diffuser for sale in a couple weeks max! :eyebrows:

So the s3 bumpers on 08 onwards are not the same as the 08 onwards s-line, im pretty sure i heard sumwhere that its only the two bits at the bottom of the bumper (as in the lower valance and diffuser) which are different? :s

good news! give us a shout when ur ready if i havent sourced one by then ;)

After reading your thread I realize that my bumper will be no good to you as you want to do the S3 MY10 conversion right? The S3 valance fits an 06- 09 S line bumper though ;)

yeah this confused other ppl in the past

for 8P2 S-Lines, 06 - 08 you want the "8P2 S-Line bumper"
for 8P3 S-Lines, 08+ you want the "8P3" bumper (same for all model A3s)

for any age S3 you want the "8P2 S-Line bumper", but the S3 valance of which there are 2 types (facelift and prefacelift)

Perfect, thanks for the information! So i need to source an 8P2 S line bumper and then fit the s3 valance and diffuser to that, is it much of a big job or fairly straightforward?

v straightforward mate

Thanks a lot boys, makes life a lot easier, better get on crackin lookin for an 8p2 s line bumper then! lol :)

Sorry just to confirm will the facelift S3 diffuser/valance fit onto the 8p2 s line bumper?

the bottom, not the top :jester:

Heres my 08 S-Line rear with S3 valance....

DSC_1301.jpg

~RS~ - What is it that you're selling then? Stick a pic up, or PM me one. Maybe I can build your hopes up and smash them to repay the favour! :motz::sly:

Lmao @ heeman, sorry mate! :eyebrows:

I would like to know what you have for sale though, unless it's a standard run of the mill Sportback lower rear bumper section!

No mate it's this one:

media

About a year old if that mate

~RS~ you cant attach the s3 valance and diffuser to the black edition bumper can you?

No mate, the bumper is one piece and the valance slots into it. S line 06- or new S3 has no lower section and the valance slots into a bit you also have to buy. Look at the lower part of N8's not the grey valance but part that is slotted into- it split from the main bumper. Then have another look at the black ed one in pic above and note no split.