A3 Sportback Alloys

newa3

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought myself an Audi A3 sport. I would like to replace the alloys on the car and have a few questions please.

1. Where is the best place to get alloys+tyres in a package deal?

2. What are the cons of putting 19" alloys on my car? can it be done?

3. What alloys will look nice on a star silver A3?

I am new to all this, 1st time I've brought alloys. Any help would be much appreciate.

Ps. also can i change my DRL's to look like the S-line drl's?

First of all, welcome! Now get some pics up (pretty standard request on here, everyone loves pics). What age is the car? Do you know if it's 8P1, 2 or 3?

1. Depends on the wheels you're after - go to the rimz thread (sticky at the top of the forum) if you're in need of inspiration, plenty of wheels all shapes and sizes (well, maybe not all shapes). There are plenty of options online for replica wheels, but I'd always recommend getting genuine ones, either off ebay or from a member on here through the classifieds section. Once you know what wheels you want, then we can help narrow the search. Regardless, I'd recommend camskill.com for the tyres, and pay someone locally to fit them - it'll almost always work out cheaper than getting a package deal.

2. It can definitely be done, but:
a) less room for a tyre sidewall, so ride suffers a bit
b) on standard suspension the bigger wheel will make the car ride higher, and with less tyre underneath it'll look like it's on stilts
c) depending on the width and ET (offset) of the wheel, lowering can be an issue

3. Down to personal taste, but anthracite will probably work better on silver that silver.

DRLs from sport to S-Line... I've already proved today that I'm not much help on these matters, someone'll be along who can advise you properly (probably Nigel - NHN)

Thanks will get some pics up soon, not sure what 8p1, 2 or 3 is but hopefully with pics you'll be able to tell me.

I have a Budget of £550 for new alloys and tyres will i get genuine ones for this price?

Sounds like 18" is what I need to go for then.

I think there's a set of 8P2 S3 alloys in the classified right now for about £400, so you should manage fine. Going up to 19s is going to be more, and tyres are obviously more for 19s too.

Just realised you've said Sportback, so it'll be 8P3 (as that's the only SB there is).

how do i uploads pics?

You need to get them uploaded to flikr or photobucket and then post the

I have a set of 18" S-Line alloys for sale if your interested, see the classifieds. They come without tyres but im only looking for £200 so you could get tyres as well easily under your budget

sorry mate looking for something a bit different.

Please see pic of my car above, need to change the Alloys, Any suggestions please or pics or any other silver A3'a with nice alloys. I was thinking of keeping the star silver theme on going with the alloys. sooo confused what to get, please help!

That's not a Sportback, they're the 5-door ones. Those Scirocco wheels look nice, don't know the quality though, or what the seller is like. That's the benefit of getting genuine OEM stuff, you know the quality is going to be good, reps can be hit or miss.

if you want the LED DRLs its a lot of money... you would need to change the headlamps and get an adapter kit for starters which is going to cost you a fir bit on its own, then its the fitting and coding

here is an example of the headlights alone on ebay
Audi A3 S3 8PA 8P Xenon LED DRL Adaptive Headlights Headlamps | eBay

dealers charge much more!!

if you are still interested in the install send me a PM and i will go through it all with you

wow. think i will hold back on the DRL for now. Thanks.

Guys how much do you think i will get for my OEM wheels with tyres?

you could upgrade the DRL's from crappy **** yellow, to a nice white LED> it won't look quite as nice as the bar of LED lights in the s line, but it will still look a lot nicer than the yellow halogens. there is a thread somewhere on here where they were doing a group buy for non-error DRLS - very important you confirm they are non error before fitting! i think the guys name was andy something.