A3 Sportback 2.0TDI Quattro Sport - MPG

safc quattro

Reaction score
Just bought one with 21,000 miles on clock. Anyone know roughly how many miles I can expect out of a full 55 litre tank of fuel, I do a lot of urban driving.

Cheers

Hi i drive my 170tdi quattro A3 around 80 miles a week 40 in town and 40 on back roads if i visit my parents. this type of driving averages around 32mpg per tank, not that good! if i go for a long drive i get 40+. Not sure if this a down side to the 170 or if the 140's are like these as well.

Hi i drive my 170tdi quattro A3 around 80 miles a week 40 in town and 40 on back roads if i visit my parents. this type of driving averages around 32mpg per tank, not that good! if i go for a long drive i get 40+. Not sure if this a down side to the 170 or if the 140's are like these as well.
Thanks samuelt, I havent used a full tank yet but I think I am on target for about 33mpg at the moment and that includes a good run on the A1 where I did 120 miles at an average speed of about 65 mph. The car is 140BHP so doesnt look like much diff between them then. I had a 1.9TDI sportback before and the fuel consumption was amazing, I noticed even that was about 10 - 15% down recently though, cold weather may have part to play I guess.

Well happy with the quattro tho, first one I have had.

my 140mapped dsg but not quattro seems to be averaging around 32, best i've seen on 54 litres is 440.

my 140mapped dsg but not quattro seems to be averaging around 32, best i've seen on 54 litres is 440.
Sounds like Im about right then, might be concerned if people were getting much better economy. Cheers

I used to get better out of my golf, same engine again with remap but manual and that would cover 500 just with 54 litres

yeah quattro does eat more gas as such, but given the driving you're doing you're mpg would be around that I reckon

Is that town driving?

My 170 see's 500+ miles every tank. Good mix of driving with a few blasts! My average for the last 5,000 miles is 41MPG.

thats mixed driving, its 14 miles to work 1/2 mile at 30mph, 12 miles at 70ish then then last 2 miles at 40mph with 5 minutes in traffic. DIS lies to me, it tells me i'm averaging 44mpg !!!

The Golf covered exactly the same trip but spent 20 minutes in traffic (we now have a flyover on the A1 instead of the roundabout that was hell on a monday)

Welcome to Audi Marketing, lmao