Facelift A3 Sportback 1.5 TFSI S line on order.

According to the Tracker for my wifes TT and my S3 Saloon which were ordered on the same day last September, hers was built in Gyor and mine in Ingolstadt. Things may have changed in the last year though

Maybe it's just the S3's that are built in ingolstadt?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I should have checked the welcome page but according to that it's being built in Ingolstadt.

Upload 2017 9 25 15 27 33

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Would be amazing if we could figure out when they switched to Hungary/Germany factory as mine was made in May 2017 in Gyor, Hungary.

Would also be amazing if you could figure out Audi's production run's so far it's taken 2 days to build the car now it's in it's second day of QC. My A6 was built, QC and on the train in half that time. Wonder if they test the Pre_sence and it failed...

Last edited:
So where do I start on this one...

Well car was shipped in September, and the rejection has just been completed.. :crying::crying:

This time however It not myself that rejected the car but the dealer! So story goes the car was delayed almost 6 weeks at the factory due to a QC issue (No idea why and not even the dealer could find out), then on day of collection one of the exterior painted trim panels had not been fitted correctly, so needed to be removed, but as it was stuck on trim panel, a new one had to painted and fitted as the old one would be damaged when removed.

This should have been easy enough, however after an epic fail by the body shop who not only performed one of the worst spray job's I've ever seen, they also badly scratched the car removing the trim, which would have required a lot of work to correct. So the dealer has decided not to attempt a second repair on a new car, and have rejected the car and a new one is on order, so it's ground hog day with the tracker. However it's not going to be until March until the replacement car arrives, with a build around the end of January.

Have to say I was gutted when I released that the small amount of damage on the car was a body shop fix, and then even more so when the body shop made a complete mess of the job.. The dealer has been great, but gutted for my Wife who was looking forward to her new car. Role on March 2018..... As I was also looking forward to the A3

Last edited:
Oh man,
Feel sorry for you and your missus.
Have they gave you the rejected car as a courtesy, until your one arrives in March?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No but we have had a courtesy car for a while now so have been told to keep the one we have.

At least some sort if solution.
Hope you’ll get it all sorted soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the rebuild A3 has arrived at the dealers, with added pan roof.. From the quick look around the car I could not see any defects to the bodywork. Will be having a proper look next week, then it's a 2 week wait for 1st March.

Just need to decided on what tyres I'm going to fit, it's got hankook's on it at moment, so just trying to decided on PS4's or Crossclimate?

Upload 2018 2 10 22 28 28

Upload 2018 2 10 22 29 25

Upload 2018 2 10 22 30 21

Reactions: KenL
That’s going to be a lovely car. Reminds me of the misano red 1.4 COD sportback I bought new in 2014, which I loved. Only traded it in as I needed a bigger load lugger. Your wife will love it, I’m sure.

Now there's something you dont see too often... a red Audi. Looks lovely I hope you finally get to take this one home. Im always a fan of red cars.

Thanks, my first Audi back in 1998 was a laser red A4 Saloon (Still got it) I was going to Go for Daytona but the Mrs is board with Gray/sliver cars so She went for Tango Red. I was happy with that as my A6 is Moonlight blue (can look black in low light) and it show's up all the water marks, it's the last time I ever go for a dark blue/black car.

Why change the tyres? Nothing wrong with Hankooks.

Reactions: amb66