A3 sport back driver door speaker

N00b1nat0r

Reaction score
All of a sudden my door speaker is cutting in and out while driving along. Seems to make a sound sometimes when it cuts back in as if there is a loose connection. I haven't had any work done either in the door or the drivers side. Does anyone have any pointers of where to check first, ie is removing the speaker easy to check the connections?

Sounds like broken connection's, possibly in the door boot as they are more likely to break due to opening and closing of the door.
I'd take the door card off speaker out and check the wires between the door and car.

Seems to be the wiring in the door connection as moving that causes it to cut in and out. I have spoken to my local audi garage as it's just come out of warranty and they did a great job with replacing the water pump. Sadly they won't do this and would want £60 to diagnose it. Is there an easy way to take the rubber off to check the loom and if it's the loom does anyone have a rough idea as to costs of replacement etc?

Just pull the rubber boot off and inspect the wires. If any are damaged then you can easily solder in replacements etc...

I did try pulling them off but didn't pull too hard, is there a specific direction to pull the boots off and are they fairly hard to pull off?

It has 4 clips just grab it and squeeze and it should come off unless someone decided to silicone it on.