A3 Speaker Problems. Help....

Sam-b

Reaction score
Evening guys. First post on here so don't be to harsh. My partners recently bought a 2012 Audi A3 2.0 tdi. Being both our first Audi we love it. The car come fitted with a xtrons headunit, not the best I know but will have to do for now.

I've noticed the rear speakers don't work at all, there are rear speakers fitted to the doors but both aren't working. Also do all the a3's come with a built in subwoofer. I've had a look at the wiring harness and there doesn't seem to be any rear speaker wires present. Any help or information would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Check the settings to make sure they are on.
For example, when I changed my head unit to an after market it had a selection where it allowed me to turn the rear speakers on (as I thought the music was a bit too low).

A3's as I know of come with a subwoofer only if they have the upgraded sound pack - standard = nil.

If it is an SE and came with the Chorus radio it will only have front speakers. Mine is like that.

Do a search here, there are tons of threads with details to get power to the rears. BTW the Xtrons are great, you won't find better that have the same amount of features.

Reactions: millsy4002
Some models have the rear speaker grills but they are dummies. Gives the opportunty to fit some upgrades. Don't bother with audi speakers and sub, there are much better non audi components out there for your money.

Reactions: millsy4002