A3 SE suspension swap

MornyA3

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if sombody could help me with this one.. I want to change the suspension from my a3 2.0 tdi SE to the sline suspension (one I finally get my hands on a complete set) I was just wondering wether it was just a straight swap or wether there is alot more involved. Thanks Paul

Hi I was wondering if sombody could help me with this one.. I want to change the suspension from my a3 2.0 tdi SE to the sline suspension (one I finally get my hands on a complete set) I was just wondering wether it was just a straight swap or wether there is alot more involved. Thanks Paul

As long as its from the same model/engine/number of doors as yours then it will be a straight springs and shocks swap.

However, if I were you I wouldn't go down that route. If that is the sort of drop you are looking for (25-30mm) then you'd be better off going for a springs/shock kit such as the h&r cup kit, bilstein b12 kit, or eibach pro kit matched with koni fsd shocks.
It'll cost you more but will offer a much better ride and will look slightly lower than s-line.

Hi ads, alright so how much are them kits? Yeah that's the sort of drop I'm looking for I just don't want to feel as if my spine is gonna go through my skull every time I hit a bump ha

Ask Damian at DPM for a quote, very helpful chap! should be able to supply them for you, and i believe he does a price match in case you find them cheaper elsewhere.

EDIT - i forgot to add, i'm also looking into doing something similar - dropping my SE down by 30mm. i'm looking at eibach pro kit, and where my shocks are in ok condition i should be able to get away with just changing my springs - won't be quite as comfy as changing shocks as well but should be at least a little comfier than S Line stock AFAIK.

Plezz.

Hi ads, alright so how much are them kits? Yeah that's the sort of drop I'm looking for I just don't want to feel as if my spine is gonna go through my skull every time I hit a bump ha

You're looking at about £500-£600 for a spring/shocks set, but then you've got to add fitting/alignment which could add another couple of hundred.
If you go for springs only then you could do it all for about £300-£350 (the springs will cost about £150ish).

You're looking at about £500-£600 for a spring/shocks set, but then you've got to add fitting/alignment which could add another couple of hundred.
If you go for springs only then you could do it all for about £300-£350 (the springs will cost about £150ish).

Has anyone fitted the Eibach Pro-Kit to an SE Sportback and kept the original SE shocks (and run it for a descent mileage)?

If so, 2 questions:

1. How did the Pro-Kit ride compared to the original SE set-up?

2. Were there any problems with the shocks having run them with the Pro-kit springs for 20-30k miles?

Any other thoughts feedback on the set-up?

Thanks!