a3 sb bump

Deze2014

A4 b8,s3 8v, q7 4l, SQ5 8r
Reaction score
hiya peeps iv got bit of a headache today, as Iv had an eventful day parked my sb up this afternoon had to do a parallel park in between a car and a lwb van, no problems jumped out went into the key shop as normal as I was in there I noticed a builder was getting served but my concentration was quickly swayed as I spoke to one of the other shop clerks 2 mins later I see him looking through the window trying to get the van drivers attention to say stop my attention was immediately diverted to looking out the window as I heard a plastic craky type sound to discover the lwb van had lightly reversed and bumped into the front of my sb immediately went outside flustered an angry examining the front of my car to discover there was not a crack mark or scratch anywhere in site just the tiniest little mark on my number plate my sline fog light grills was slightly out of line I just gave then a push back in no problem still trying franticly to find damage at this point the builder is helping me I couldn't find absolutely nothing apart from a tiny mark on my num plate at this point I told him this is your lucky day and so on he then goes on to inform me he has to go and telling me that if I had any problems in the future that key shop no him as he is close to them long story short went back in the shop booked an appointment for getting a key cut went back to my car couldn't believe how lucky I was I thought I would pop the bonnet to examine the inside then booom it don't open!!!! when I pull the handle by drivers footwell nothing happens does any body no how I can get it open sorry for the essay guys

Get someone to push down on the bonnet, when your pulling the handle.
Sorry but sounds like the slam panel is bent and the bumper popped back out.

get a mate to push down on the bonnet as you pull the lever inside? just keep doin that as if to jiggle it free? it's not a tried and tested method that I know of but if I were in your position I'd be doin that with someone's help

fingers crossed you get it sorted

yeah mate done that loads of times the man who owns the key shop even tried to squirt wd40 up to the latch through the grill asiff that was going to open it of course no luck I really don't no what to do but take it to a garage tomorrow

awww god I really hope it hasn't bent it will never no though until its stripped and sods law you cant do that without the bonnet open :(