A3 Saloon rear window inside cleaning

Reaction score
As always have difficulty cleaning the inside of the rear window on my A3 saloon, especially where it tapers onto the parcel shelf, I was wondering if any saloon owners can give me their tips of what they use to reach this area?

It's a pain. I hate doing it (so don't very often). Interested to hear if anyone has any tips.
Actually I find the front difficult as well.

Yeah agree you have to be a bleedin contortionist which is probably why I haven't bothered.

Luckily I have privacy glass so can't see if it's dirty anyway!! ;)

Last edited:
Lol you should try to do an A5 coupe..

Cloth on a stick works

Oh man..............please tell me this is a joke??!! lol

Reactions: CHEZ
Easiest way to annoy a saloon owner, leave a greasy hand print on the rear window,

For reference I just open the tailgate #ilovemysportback

Reactions: rvtb101 and Simon L
Easiest way to annoy a saloon owner, leave a greasy hand print on the rear window,

For reference I just open the tailgate #ilovemysportback
Yes but your tailgate doesn't open automatically, hands free, and it gets filthy when its raining :box:
Yes the inside of the window is a challenge to clean, however not impossible..

Reactions: Simon L
Yes but your tailgate doesn't open automatically, hands free, and it gets filthy when its raining :box:
Yes the inside of the window is a challenge to clean, however not impossible..

To be fair pushing a button on your key fob isn't automatic, if you've got a hand free to fumble around and find which pocket the key is in then you've got a hand free to open the tail gate, it isn't heavy, just wait till your hinge breaks and your boot lid does a double sumersolt through the back window........ At least you won't have to clean it, just get it replaced:rockwoot::gun2:

Reactions: Simon L
To be fair pushing a button on your key fob isn't automatic, if you've got a hand free to fumble around and find which pocket the key is in then you've got a hand free to open the tail gate, it isn't heavy, just wait till your hinge breaks and your boot lid does a double sumersolt through the back window........ At least you won't have to clean it, just get it replaced:rockwoot::gun2:

......fumbling around in our pockets?? Don't assume everyone else has your filthy habits ..........!! lol

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant
As always have difficulty cleaning the inside of the rear window on my A3 saloon, especially where it tapers onto the parcel shelf, I was wondering if any saloon owners can give me their tips of what they use to reach this area?

Try one of these - the head rotates and it get right in the corners

http://www.creativeproducts.ltd.uk/products-page/homecare/screen-clean/
Windscreen cleaner

have a look on cleanyourcar.co.uk.maybe something with a pad on it and some good glass cleaner.

Climb in the rear with shoes off and so that you're facing the window i.e. on your knees looking out the rear window.
Careful not to get your knee lodged in the cup holders in the middle - usually once is all it takes to learn this.

Spray Glass Cleaner on to Kitchen Roll.
Rub window.
Get clean piece of Kitchen Roll and wipe off.
Tip: Always take the clean piece of Kitchen Roll with you at the start.
Getting in / out again most inconvenient.

Job Done.