A3 Saloon debadge....

edge

Reaction score
hey all,

I was hoping to debadge the rear of my A3 Saloon.

Really want to remove the A3, TSFI and ULTRA on the rear and Sline badges on the sides of the car.

Anyone done this? Best way to it and also are any of these pins or just adhesive?

Cheers

This is what you need for the rear audi badge:

I followed this and it works well, its just a fiddly job

I didn't realise the A3 Saloon did an Ultra engine, they don't offer it in the UK. Out of interest, is it the same as the 1.4 Tfsi engine with COD 150bhp or is it a different engine?

Sorry, just seen your sig under your pics. Nice car btw.

I've done the opposite. I asked last minute to add the TFSI badge back on. They didn't but instead posted the badge to my address!

I stuck it on myself (came with sticky-backing) - lots of measuring, pencil markings, shaky hands etc..but I did a good job of it.

One thing is that I have a COD but it's just a TFSI badge (not TFSI Ultra)...is that normal?

I've done the opposite. I asked last minute to add the TFSI badge back on. They didn't but instead posted the badge to my address!

I stuck it on myself (came with sticky-backing) - lots of measuring, pencil markings, shaky hands etc..but I did a good job of it.

One thing is that I have a COD but it's just a TFSI badge (not TFSI Ultra)...is that normal?
You will find that additional badges are market specific. In @edge's case, this was probably supplied by Audi Limerick.

I removed the TDI and just left the A3 and quattro badges

Cheers lads, its a 1.4 TFSI engine with COD 150bhp, was ultra not on top of the previous 140bhp 1.4 TSFI?

I remove badges by gently warming and softening the adhesive by repeatedly pouring boiling water over the badge, gently warming it with a hairdryer or parking it in direct and bright sunlight for a good long while (obviously this last one isn't often readily available!) and then working dental floss in a sawing motion behind the badge. You'll need to spend a bit of time polishing the newly vacated area of paintwork afterwards, but take your time and it'll be like they were never there.

I remove badges by gently warming and softening the adhesive by repeatedly pouring boiling water over the badge, gently warming it with a hairdryer or parking it in direct and bright sunlight for a good long while (obviously this last one isn't often readily available!) and then working dental floss in a sawing motion behind the badge. You'll need to spend a bit of time polishing the newly vacated area of paintwork afterwards, but take your time and it'll be like they were never there.

God no no no no please tell me you're joking. Boiling water?!

You need some tar and glue remover. I use autosmart. Douse over the badge. Wait 10 mins and get a heat gun on it, gently. Repeat until movement happens. If you don't have a heat gun then a credit card (smooth one) is ideal, but just be careful not to scratch the paint.

I removed the TDI and just left the A3 and quattro badges

Similar - I asked for the TFSI badge to be removed and just leave the A3 badge as I think just "TDI" or "TFSI" alone looks silly since they stopped putting the engine size on.

They screwed up and removed both but it looks better for it tbh.

5D3_8603.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Relliott6879
Cheers for the advice lads, based on that pic above I am going badgeless this weekend, cheers @Vertigo1

@Ignition1, is it listed on your car registration that its an ULTRA?

Does it have Audi Drive Select and start/stop when at the lights?

I think there is supposed to be weight saving, but i cant see a difference in curb weight, if any the Ultra seems a little heavier...

Last edited:
Hmm.....interesting.
I'm thinking I should have had the A3 badge removed - they're 10 a penny around with me.

People are really interested in seeing what the car is being the Saloon Version.
When they then see the A3 badge, the usual comment is - Oh, it's an A3 in a disappointed tone.