A3 Saloon 2.0tdi Tow-Bar - Fitted

Point_Audi

Vorsprung durch Technik
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Recently my Dad was interested in getting a tow-bar fitted to his A3 Saloon 2.0tdi. So firstly I enquired with my local Audi dealer and even with some Audi-Sport discount the parts and wiring loom were still very expensive.

So I came across a company in Manchester called PF Jones who supplied a Witter swan neck tow-bar and vehicle specific wiring loom as I wanted everything to be OEM and no splicing wires etc.

The service from PF Jones was brilliant from delivery to the quality of the product and fitment, the total cost for the tow-bar was £306 including delivery.

Completed the install, routed the wiring to the passenger side along with the VCDS coding and everything worked perfectly without any issues.

When a trailer or caravan is attached to the car it will automatically disable the rear parking sensors and shows an extra indication on the instrument cluster of the current status of the taillights on the trailer/caravan.

Here are a few snaps:

IMG 0450
IMG 0446

IMG 0442

IMG 0448

While I had the VCDS attached to the car I switched on TPMS and activated in the ABS module!:)

IMG 0451

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Bristle Hound and RS5 JON
Good job Shaun. Your dad will be very happy. :)

Reactions: Point_Audi
Recently my Dad was interested in getting a tow-bar fitted to his A3 Saloon 2.0tdi. So firstly I enquired with my local Audi dealer and even with some Audi-Sport discount the parts and wiring loom were still very expensive.

So I came across a company in Manchester called PF Jones who supplied a Witter swan neck tow-bar and vehicle specific wiring loom as I wanted everything to be OEM and no splicing wires etc.

The service from PF Jones was brilliant from delivery to the quality of the product and fitment, the total cost for the tow-bar was £306 including delivery.

Completed the install, routed the wiring to the passenger side along with the VCDS coding and everything worked perfectly without any issues.

When a trailer or caravan is attached to the car it will automatically disable the rear parking sensors and shows an extra indication on the instrument cluster of the current status of the taillights on the trailer/caravan.

Here are a few snaps:

View attachment 185004View attachment 185005
View attachment 185000
View attachment 185002

While I had the VCDS attached to the car I switched on TPMS and activated in the ABS module!:)

View attachment 185003
@Point_Audi - Great work Shaun :thumbs up:

Reactions: Point_Audi
Cheers guys!:)

Reactions: Sandra