A3 Sales

Legend7

Reaction score
Been struggling to sell my A3 for the past 3 months. Only had 3 calls. My car is in great condition and well looked after and the price I have on is reasonable also. I sold my last A3 within like a week

Has the sales of Audi's dropped since the emissions problem or is it generally a drop in sales of Audi's?

Last edited:
What model is it? Miles? Age? Etc all come into play.

I have an Honda jazz for sale for 4 weeks so far and not asingle call. Usually it's the price that determines buyers interest however good your car is. Put up a link for your car, there may be something putting people off that you are not aware of.

Looks good to me. How about listing on Pistonheads and auto trader as well.

Looks like a very nice A3.
Personally, I'd have a better write-up , perhaps describing everything you've done to maintain and upgrade it, more info on the service history etc.
I make it very clear every time I sell a car that I am an enthusiast and how much it has been cherished and cosseted during my ownership (because I really do that!) .....it also helps to make mine stand out from the crowd.
I know that when I'm looking for a vehicle , I'm the sort of person that I'd like to buy a vehicle from.....LOL.

Reactions: Marek196c

Looks to me a bit like you've just copied and pasted something. I'd give it a bit more of a personalised write up if I were you. explain the service history like if it's had timing belt and water pump done etc etc. Also put on the reason why you're selling it if it's a genuine reason and also put the date of the mot expiry.
Just looking at the pics, you have a warning light on dash for low windscreen wash and you're credit card holder doesn't look right. You might think nothing of it but that could put people off from calling you. One last thing, you have blanked the reg plate off which could also put people off as they can't then do any checks on it before they ring you which some people like to do.

Just looking at the pics, you have a warning light on dash for low windscreen wash and you're credit card holder doesn't look right. You might think nothing of it but that could put people off from calling you.

Well spotted.
Now that you've pointed it out, it'd put me off slightly.......if you can't be bothered to even fill up the washer bottle, and can bear the warning/chime then what else hasn't been done? LOL!
I'd sort out the washer fluid and take a new picture...

for me is also the protective foot matts, as seem to be from some auto trader or other "professional", just to say, I prefer to deal with private people rather than traders. As well on pic with boot, there some white strip on seat (near junction of 2 and 1 seat) that don't know if it's tear or just raindrop, on this price I would check any imperfection. As well I personally prefer when there is a number plate, so I can check it prior to going to you and (probably not) wasting my time discovering some fault or bad history of car. TBH I was looking for Ford Focus 2nd gen for my friend last time, and seen one, he liked it etc, so we got a look before on gov mot site and HPI cehck, on HPI was without problem, but on mot is shows like 2 year before 160k miles and on most recent like 86k miles.. just the case? don't think so.

thank you all for feedback really appriciated.

I blanked the number plate because I didnt want idiots copying my plate and doing something dodgy. When i got the car washed I asked them to put them in so that people who take it for test drive dont dirty the mats.

Will re do some of the pictures thanks guys.

also some photo of engine bay (I think) will be appreciated. Anyway with your plate, more than checking insurance or mot etc... don't think they can.