A3/S3 Photos Thread

I trimed nothing at all.... but in some cases trimming is needed. I had it sanded and primed so I could have a decent result. The surface is very smooth to begin with... I had it painted by a professional.
The result is realy very good!!

Thank you mate. I've been watching this auction for awhile, but I never saw a "real" picture taken by a buyer as I never read a customer review.
I'm close to purchase it, just need to count my budget.

I suggest you wait a little bit for a later review of mine, since everything is wonderful at the beginning....let me give it a little time....and make sure that the first impression is something that will last in time....for fiberglass it is not cheap ...but I believe it's the only -worth buying- solution besides the OEM sline rear diffuser.

That's a good point. I read that some aftermarked body styling stuff can bend or crack with time. Let's give it a few month.
As to the OEM S-line diffuser, I'm not a big fan of it.

Reactions: Dikonou
@Dikonou. Are tail pipes on your car original? Is one of them longer than another? If yes, so by how many mm? I'm asking because if I bought the same diffuser, I would need to change from a single tail pipe to a dual one and as much as I know, one pipe that is closer to centre is a little longer.

No the exhaust is aftermarket. Yes there is a small difference between them...even with the OEM exhaust

No the exhaust is aftermarket. Yes there is a small difference between them...even with the OEM exhaust
Oh, okay. I thought you had the OEM exhaust. It looks like OEM on a photo. Do the dual exhaust tail pipes have same diameter as the single one which is 75mm? I'm asking because I've got an OEM chrom exhaust pipe trim on my single pipe. If I were to convert to a dual exhaust pipe I would need to purchase one more tail pipe trim, but question is if there is enough place for two pipes with trims in the diffuser.

Hello this is how mine looks now
IMG 1329

Reactions: Essexman, derekw, Hookmonster and 1 other person
730c0cc53858f2914bd5c0729316e81c.jpg

Couldn't resist a pic of the new (to me..) car after a spin around the North Coast 500. This forum was a superb resource when I was trying to find a new car, thanks for all the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dikonou, Jake 61, Spiezels and 1 other person
96cf655deb29a2af1132144bbf8a0747.png

Badges changed and Alloys refurbed.

Reactions: derekw, Dikonou, Raiden and 2 others
I suggest you wait a little bit for a later review of mine, since everything is wonderful at the beginning....let me give it a little time....and make sure that the first impression is something that will last in time....for fiberglass it is not cheap ...but I believe it's the only -worth buying- solution besides the OEM sline rear diffuser.
I wrote I was going to wait. I failed. Ordered it last night :) I'm going to paint it black with an aluminium look edge like the RS3 diffusor. Also, I consider buying OEM twin aluminium exhaust pipe tips.

Couldn't wait either. Went and done it!!!
8P0 807 105S GRU

8P0 807 681 P 9B9

8P0 807 682 G 9B9

Will paint the fog grill chrome black....

09e079fb816c731b7ba3e7865e21d25d.png

All cleaned up!!

Love this colour, seems to change completely in different weather.

Reactions: derekw and mechanic69
Just got genuine 19" 9j segments fitted. Bought second hand so the "triangle" tyres are now removed!

Reactions: Essexman, Dikonou and Spiezels
Couldn't wait either. Went and done it!!!
8P0 807 105S GRU

8P0 807 681 P 9B9

8P0 807 682 G 9B9

Will paint the fog grill chrome black....
An S3 bumper with fog grills? Did you buy it new or used? How much did you pay? Same question about the headlights. Did you buy them new? Did you install the headlight leveling and jets too? I considered the headlight conversion, but according to the local law, I must have washers and auto leveling with the xenons and that means I have to replace a bumper too. It can be pricey.

Here in Greece the vat system is for ****
Front bumper and grills 500 euros. Not painted....

Roof spoiler is painted as we speak.
Side skirts isn't something I like.....
S3 0r RS3 roof spoiler? OEM or aftermarket?
As to the side skirts. I don't want the S3 ones but consider to adapt the A4/A5 S-line blade style side skirts. I manipulated an image and to my taste it should look better than the S3 side skirts.

I saw spoilers like this on ebay, most from Poland. Interesting to see a close picture of a brake light with this spoiler.

This is made from ABS material not fiberglass!!!!!! And is very close to the OEM RS3 spoiler but like the diffuser it needs a bit of work in order to be ready for paint.

This is made from ABS material not fiberglass!!!!!! And is very close to the OEM RS3 spoiler but like the diffuser it needs a bit of work in order to be ready for paint.
Did you fit it yet? Would you mind to sharing some close up pictures of how it fits, especially the sides where the metal boot lid part and the rear window glass meet? Also, I'd like to see how the brake light looks with this spoiler.

P.S. Should we start a new thread dedicated to aftermarket styling bits?

Did you fit it yet? Would you mind to sharing some close up pictures of how it fits, especially the sides where the metal boot lid part and the rear window glass meet? Also, I'd like to see how the brake light looks with this spoiler.

P.S. Should we start a new thread dedicated to aftermarket styling bits?
Next Tuesday probably will be fitted, along with the S3 front bumper....as long as the color is correct.

Looking forward to see your pictures.
My diffuser is painted and will be delivered today. I hope to get it fitted this afternoon or tomorrow.

The RS3-look diffuser was fitted today with a tailpipe modification from a single to a dual one. It was painted in gloss black with Audi's matte silver aluminium edge (color code LAP6).

A3 with RS3 look diffuser 2
A3 with RS3 look diffuser 3
A3 with RS3 look diffuser 4
A3 with RS3 look diffuser 5

Reactions: Essexman, Dikonou and Jake 61
I posted the link before: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282425132706
The diffuser I bought had smooth surface, but there were some scratches and small dents so it needed some puttying and sanding before painting. Same as @Dikonou I outsourced the task to a professional. If you are going to paint an edge in matte silver aluminium color, the LAP6 is the original Audi's color code for that.

I posted the link before: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282425132706
The diffuser I bought had smooth surface, but there were some scratches and small dents so it needed some puttying and sanding before painting. Same as @Dikonou I outsourced the task to a professional. If you are going to paint an edge in matte silver aluminium color, the LAP6 is the original Audi's color code for that.

Amazing, makes me wana paint it all over again!!!!!!

Reactions: dp_motley
Looks good painted and on the table. I hope it fits well without gaps between the spoiler and the boot lid. I'm looking forward to see it fitted.

The photo is very close to the back window and it doesn't seem that big from a distance.
Still it is there and has to be mentioned when someone has to look at the final fitment of the spoiler!

Looks good! I don't see any awful gaps between the roof spoiler and the top og the hatch as it can be seen sometimes on pictures online. Are there any borders that fill the crack between the hatch top and the car body? Some spoilers I saw online looked like they were just put on the hatch and glued. And it's visible. Yours is better. Would you mind to take a close up picture from above along the crack between the spoiler and the roof?

As to the S3 bumper. It's always the S3 bumper, no comments :)

I'm going to buy a s-line bumper and bi-xenons asap because my car hit a truck last night and the bumper, the left headlight and the hood must be replaced anyway.

Even in mine it's visible....but there was nothing I could do. It was either the glue or new back door....as for the S3 bumper I had the fog grills painted black gloss same color as the front grill.
19048715 1026510507483897 1910277260 o