A3/S3...owners whats next?Audi's mainstream lineup looking a bit OLD

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
Yeah Audi's,mainstream car line up,is looking a bit stale...where does one go from here....wait for a new model coming out....could be a long wait?
Do ya stick with the brand "FANBOY" and opt for a different but a stale model..are you happy with mediocrity?

or do you go to some other brand/make....Mercedes Benz....have blasting out new models over the last year...like there going out of fashion....and without too much drama....Audi cant even get there Face lift A3....Mojo together

l personally would not go face lift....sorry guyz....to similar,l am waiting on a model that may not even appear...all other choices l have...are mostly second best S5....The seemingly mega expensive TTRS....Whats going on with Audi....???

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, HawkeyeS3 and 1 other person
Given, I'll need to go into a higher seating positioned car, it looks like the Q2 if I stay with Audi, unless they redo the Q3 that @jassyo06 knows I'm not a fan off. Could I live with a smaller cross over in the Q2? I don't know till I see it in the flesh. The other options are the Merc GLA, BMW X1, VWs new Tiguan or Seats new Crossover the Ateca.
Personally I'd prefer staying with the s-tronic/DSG box which narrows things to the Q2, Tiguan or Ateca.
I'm still 20 months from changing and a lot can change in the car world in that time.
I'm guessing @jassyo06 this thread is in relation to the possibility that there will be no RS3 Hatch?

Reactions: pburv, HawkeyeS3, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Given, I'll need to go into a higher seating positioned car, it looks like the Q2 if I stay with Audi, unless they redo the Q3 that @jassyo06 knows I'm not a fan off. Could I live with a smaller cross over in the Q2? I don't know till I see it in the flesh. The other options are the Merc GLA, BMW X1, VWs new Tiguan or Seats new Crossover the Ateca.
Personally I'd prefer staying with the s-tronic/DSG box which narrows things to the Q2, Tiguan or Ateca.
I'm still 20 months from changing and a lot can change in the car world in that time.
I'm guessing @jassyo06 this thread is in relation to the possibility that there will be no RS3 Hatch?
No not all,l do feel Audi are not producing the cars they should be...the other German brands are....has the £15billion dollar/£11 million law suit pay out,affected there products... It's got to have.....? They knew they where going to take a huge blow with this demon derv gash....

Reactions: pburv, HawkeyeS3 and Scottyg

Guess you haven't tried a facelift RSQ3 then ScottyG, recently swapped my 2 year old S3 for a year old RSQ3 and haven't looked back, cracking motor, absolutely love it. New Q2 looks oh so similar externally to the Q3 from what I've seen, so if you are not a fan, then perhaps that won't do much for you either.
Many here won't even look at the RSQ3 cos it only has one pipe at the back, shame really as it really is a cracking motor too easily dismissed just for that alone.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Scottyg
@HawkeyeS3 its the back end of the Q3 I'm not a fan off. It's actually not too bad till it gets past the C pillar and then :puke2:no disrespect meant. It's just looks too floaty at the back as if the body of the car sits at the top of an incline! Not actually saw a RSQ3 in the flesh. Does it sit flatter?

Reactions: pburv, MattSedg and HawkeyeS3
I'd love a newish Cayman but with a toddler and another one on the way, that's of the cards for a good few yearS...unless I drop onto some money! I think the 2015/6 Cayman is a real looker.
AMG look fun but not sure if the interior quality is up there with Audi and I've seen a few vids that say their 'Launch Control' setup is a bit finicky, having to go through the settings etc. I used 'Launch Control' three times on the way home today...I love it!

Reactions: pburv and HawkeyeS3
IMG 6222   Copy
@HawkeyeS3 its the back end of the Q3 I'm not a fan off. It's actually not too bad till it gets past the C pillar and then :puke2:no disrespect meant. It's just looks too floaty at the back as if the body of the car sits at the top of an incline! Not actually saw a RSQ3 in the flesh. Does it sit flatter?

No disrespect taken Scottyg, I know what you mean, however if I said there was little difference between the Q3/RSQ3 and S3 SB - would you believe me? Odd huh. The floor pan is virtually the same as the S3, boot is about 6" longer, but (and I'll try to find it in a minute), if you draw a line just under the windows and look purely at the top of the Q3 and the top of the S3 - they are virtually the same - you'd struggle to tell them apart.
On the backend though - what I will say is that with the FL Q3 (which came out mid 2015), I think Audi actually tidied up the Q3 with new lights and the suchlike, to me the FL Q3 has a better "feel and look" - even though the shape if the same.

Here's mine anyhow....

EDIT: This thread has some more piccies, including the back end - not much different to the pre FL model, but enough to make a difference

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/picked-up-my-rsq3-today-replacing-my-s3.273229/

Try one - I think you might be surprised in all honesty. I was - very pleasantly!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Tej13, Scottyg and 1 other person
I'm with you @jassyo06 FL RS3 would cost me 15-20k to change for similar power and too similar everything else bar the virtual cockpit. I have 3 years warranty, recovery, map updates and gap so that seems sensible as I'm very happy with my current car - if I can last out and resist the itch to change for 4 years then I'm in a good place with my PCP and maybe I'll slot nicely into the next gen S/RS3.

If I change in the next 12 months I'd be tempted to go for an S4 although really bigger than I need and I'm pretty much always a hatch man or it'd be the Focus RS and I'll unbolt the rear spoiler ;o)

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv and Jassyo06
To my eye, this is far nicer than the Q2 or Q3. In R-Line spec it comes fully loaded.

Uploadfromtaptalk1467232566230

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01, davc, Pook and 5 others
TTRS looks promising and probably top of my list for next time. If the gbp/eur stays where it is though and we have to add WTO tarrifs post-brexit, an F-Type might be a better option. Wife won't let me buy a CaymanS or any Porsche for that matter.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Facelift RS3, black pack, dynamic pack, in Voodoo Blue for me.
F-Pace RSport for the boss!

Reactions: MattSedg and Rob2k68
Facelift RS3, black pack, dynamic pack, in Voodoo Blue for me.
F-Pace RSport for the boss!
Very nice choices there.
Out of interest.....Did you consider M2 over RS3? If I were in that market I think that's where my cash would go.

You right Audi should be producing cars like this right now:

I'm disappointed at the B9 A5, it looks a Ford Mondeo in the front. I hope the A5 Sportback will get a different design.

audi-sport-quattro-laser-light-concept-ces-2014-04-1.jpg

Audi-Sport-Quattro-Concept-1.jpg

Reactions: jojo, AllBlack-All7, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Very nice choices there.
Out of interest.....Did you consider M2 over RS3? If I were in that market I think that's where my cash would go.

I like my hot hatches, and I fell in love with this...!

Reactions: jimojameso, RS3 S., glasgowdubber and 5 others
View attachment 95649

No disrespect taken Scottyg, I know what you mean, however if I said there was little difference between the Q3/RSQ3 and S3 SB - would you believe me? Odd huh. The floor pan is virtually the same as the S3, boot is about 6" longer, but (and I'll try to find it in a minute), if you draw a line just under the windows and look purely at the top of the Q3 and the top of the S3 - they are virtually the same - you'd struggle to tell them apart.
On the backend though - what I will say is that with the FL Q3 (which came out mid 2015), I think Audi actually tidied up the Q3 with new lights and the suchlike, to me the FL Q3 has a better "feel and look" - even though the shape if the same.

Here's mine anyhow....

EDIT: This thread has some more piccies, including the back end - not much different to the pre FL model, but enough to make a difference

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/picked-up-my-rsq3-today-replacing-my-s3.273229/

Try one - I think you might be surprised in all honesty. I was - very pleasantly!
That definitely looks flatter at the back end. Could be an option.

Unfortunately you can't spec the big wheels of the R-line that are shown in all the media ads. Well, they ain't on the configurer.
Those 20s are standard fella.
Sat in one at VW dealer today and it had em fitted.

Full std spec is impressive. Only drawback for me as a company car driver is CO2 @125.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Next time we will probably be consolidating our two cars into 1 and having 2 large dogs probably means RSQ5 (if they build it) or SQ7.
Merc interiors I don't think are in the same league and wife defo not a fan of BMW. If we were keeping two cars I would be looking at TTRS (live quite rurally so Cayman etc not viable) as my commute car as again really don't like the inside of C63 saloon or coupe, not a big fan of the TT but as quick as they come for something not so showy (but no manual gearbox :() Living in Europe as I do means a quicker supply of cars than the UK but means they are more expensive to buy but hold their values better, very very few RS3 around (have seen 1 in 2 years) as the locals like big diesels and think small fast A3s are waaaay to expensive.
New A5 I think looks like a sulky US built car (slight look of Mustang to the front arches).

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm seriously thinking M2 now the wife has a four door car.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Was lucky enough to see be at a private unveiling by Audi in a subfloor of a hotel in the Alps last year, had to hand our phones etc in, it was a stunning car in the flesh, looking forward to see it arriving.

Also on the Tiguan, absolutely stunning car, however the PCP figures were too pricey for me for just now or I'd have one in a heartbeat!

I drove an A45 AMG for 3 days whilst i was deciding on a car, and to be honest if i could of afforded it (even with a liberal application of man maths I knew I still couldn't afford it) I would have snapped it up immediately. It appealed in every way to my Nike air max 90 wearing inner chav, I loved the anti social exhaust note and the outrageous aero kit, it was by no means a grown up car, but that was the appeal, the S3 is entirely sober in comparison.

Reactions: AllBlack-All7 and Jassyo06
Those 20s are standard fella.
Sat in one at VW dealer today and it had em fitted.

Full std spec is impressive. Only drawback for me as a company car driver is CO2 @125.

Was on this morning and it's definitely changed. It now has the 20s standard. Ya dancer! Those wheels make the car.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, Don76, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Am 53 and consider that as a old codgers car..... Lol or a 2-2 children's brief lol

Was thinking for the missus LoL, need to replace her iX35 long before I get a new motor.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
I'll be sticking with Audi. Not a fan of Merc or BMW and Germans build the best cars.

I might keep the current S3 with the view to upgrade to the next generation S3 / RS3 when the time comes, presuming I can afford it. Don't want anything bigger than the S3. The SB has been and still is a great car. Nothing I'd rather be driving in terms of performance, quality and the fact I can still get nearly 40mpg if I need to.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Was thinking for the missus LoL, need to replace her iX35 long before I get a new motor.
The sooner ye quit playing Vin diesel the sooner the Mrs will get her new car....then it's your turn again......lol

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I have got an M2 ordered.

If for any reason I don't go through with that, I will almost certainly get a Cayman (6 cylinder).

Next up would also consider AMG A45 or RS3.

To be honest, I think I would be happy with any of those sat in the drive.

I like the S3, but preferred it when there were less of them about.
.......but not as bad as the Golf R....I see loads of them! More than Gti/Gtd/Gte put together.

Reactions: jojo, pburv, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Test drove the new Tiguan 2 weeks ago.
Exact same colour/spec as the advert.

Without a doubt, its a great looking car and pretty comfortable even with the 20" wheels.

However, it was a 2.0 TDI DSG.... Wow what a totally unforgettable drive, really quite boring. I really dont think diesel and DSG are a good match... The box gets confused too often due to the lack of rpm spread on diesel engines.

Also, dealer totally took the p!ss with trade in offer of my s3 and wouldnt give any discount on the Tiguan.

No bother to me, I didnt like it within 5 mins of driving it!!

Reactions: pburv
To my eye, this is far nicer than the Q2 or Q3. In R-Line spec it comes fully loaded.

View attachment 95659

Seen that on the Tv and it does look nice!

I'm seriously thinking M2 now the wife has a four door car.
Before you do check out the new M235i, it's going to be the M240i....more power, lower fuel consumption, quicker acceleration and a small face lift. It will also be available in 4wd! I was talking to a BMW sales guy last week and he said it's not worth paying the extra for the M2!!!

And yes he has my details for when they come in ;) He's already said whatever Audi will give you PX we will match it, as their PX prices go through the same place!!!!

http://bmwcarmagazine.com/bmw-m140i-m240i-make-debuts/

Reactions: pburv, Max-Robbo and Rob2k68
Yeah Audi's,mainstream car line up,is looking a bit stale...where does one go from here....wait for a new model coming out....could be a long wait?
Do ya stick with the brand "FANBOY" and opt for a different but a stale model..are you happy with mediocrity?

or do you go to some other brand/make....Mercedes Benz....have blasting out new models over the last year...like there going out of fashion....and without too much drama....Audi cant even get there Face lift A3....Mojo together

l personally would not go face lift....sorry guyz....to similar,l am waiting on a model that may not even appear...all other choices l have...are mostly second best S5....The seemingly mega expensive TTRS....Whats going on with Audi....???
@jassyo06 - Does that mean no more Audi's for you then mate? ;)

Me? I'll be coming down in size from the S4 at change time
Will be a new S3 saloon or a new TTS for me, but as change time is another 2 years away I'm not thinking about it too much, honest lol
Saving the ibis white, I don't like any of the colours on the FL's
Vegas yellow replacing sepango bleu ? :wtf:

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06

If for any reason I don't go through with that
@Soulboy - Sell your deposit / slot. You should make a real killing me thinks :D

I know someone who put a £2k deposit down on a brand new BMW 1M & ended up selling his deposit/slot for £5k. Madness!

Reactions: Soulboy and pburv
@jassyo06 - Does that mean no more Audi's for you then mate? ;)

Me? I'll be coming down in size from the S4 at change time
Will be a new S3 saloon or a new TTS for me, but as change time is another 2 years away I'm not thinking about it too much, honest lol
Saving the ibis white, I don't like any of the colours on the FL's
Vegas yellow replacing sepango bleu ? :wtf:

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

Does Dolly Parton...sleep on her back......of course...lol l'll be getting another Audi....mate....l just think there model line up right now is just slim pickings indeed...and the way its going, ye need buy a car at least over £45/50k for it to be somewhat special....S/RS.....Stay away from Elvis Yella...its only suited to hatchbacks BH

Reactions: pburv, Bristle Hound and Rob2k68
View attachment 95649

Here's mine anyhow....

Ye just could'nt resist...eh....Show aff...lol

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg and Rob2k68

If for any reason I don't go through with that, I will almost certainly get a Cayman (6 cylinder).

Next up would also consider AMG A45 or RS3.

To be honest, I think I would be happy with any of those sat in the drive.

I like the S3, but preferred it when there were less of them about.
.......but not as bad as the Golf R....I see loads of them! More than Gti/Gtd/Gte put together.

l have seen more new Focus RS cars this week than l seen S3's....5 Focus RS....0 S3's......4 where Nitrous Blue and one in Black....the Black looked evil....Nitrous looked cheap......

Reactions: pburv, G-S3, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
l have seen more new Focus RS cars this week than l seen S3's....5 Focus RS....0 S3's......4 where Nitrous Blue and one in Black....the Black looked evil....Nitrous looked cheap......

Looks good in magnetic grey ....
IMG 9786

Reactions: batch, pburv, AllBlack-All7 and 3 others
Looks good in magnetic grey ....
View attachment 95724

Been dabbling have we roberto... Lol fords grey is awesome,me wee mum has a metallic grey fiesta that's up there with dayz of thunder.... But slightly darker...... Still wouldn't go for one... Being a similar car to what l had.... And don't think you will either.... Don't think yer into sideways car changes.... Upwards move fir the win as me old mucker Simon would say...lol

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv and Rob2k68