A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I got an email on Friday saying my car was in the preparation stage - anyone had this? Order was place Sept 22.

Looking through this thread it seems that most of the delays are for the TFSIe or S3 models, what kind of lead times are people ordering the A3 35TFSI S-line getting?

Crazy how long it is taking for cars to come through the S3 facelift is coming at the back end of this year
so you would think they'd try and get these orders over the line
Do you think it's possible some of those orders will actually end up being facelift cars? I mean, if I were to order in May, a 9-10 month wait would probably mean an overlap with the 2024 production start...

Do you think it's possible some of those orders will actually end up being facelift cars? I mean, if I were to order in May, a 9-10 month wait would probably mean an overlap with the 2024 production start...
Yeah that’s what I was wanting to know. And also, does anyone know what the official time is that you can cancel and get the £1k deposit back? For example if I order an s3 now and then in 3 months, they add extended ambient lighting back and some other new options, can I just cancel and make a new order? Or If my circumstances change and I won’t to cancel Altogether and not lose my deposit, is there an amount of time where you can get it back or lose it?

Reactions: vatdim
Its possible I personally wouldn't order the current s3 knowing the facelift will soon be available to order as the current 8Y will drop in value

Imho they won't give a FL car if you ordered PFL. They will either cancel the order or ask you to pony up some more cash.

RS3 ordered Nov 21. Yes you read that right. I'm on the fence whether to take it if it even arrives so close to facelift models being revealed (3Q23 afaik).

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Just got myself a blue 45e already on its way to the UK, cancelled my order on the white 45e. My initial order didn't have a built week still and Audi removed the C + S from the order (big issue on getting the parts) and with no built week it was a no brainer to take the blue one coming into Audi stock.

Finally got confirmation this week that my S3 Vorsprung is in this country and will be collecting it on 9th march, good news at last!!

Reactions: Moots and Mr Freeze
Its possible I personally wouldn't order the current s3 knowing the facelift will soon be available to order as the current 8Y will drop in value
It’ll probably be about 18 months before you can order a facelift S3, then maybe another 18 before it turns up based on current timescales.

i get what you’re saying but there’s always something coming, never place an order if you kept waiting for the latest.

hard to tell based on images I’ve seen but it barely looks any different. Do wonder what if any internal changes have been made though

It’ll probably be about 18 months before you can order a facelift S3, then maybe another 18 before it turns up based on current timescales.

i get what you’re saying but there’s always something coming, never place an order if you kept waiting for the latest.

hard to tell based on images I’ve seen but it barely looks any different. Do wonder what if any internal changes have been made though
I get what you are saying, but don't you think in about 8 months, after the facelift reveal, we would be able to at least order the S3? Being a 2024 model, it should arrive sometime until mid-2024? Or am I way overly optimistic?

Imho they won't give a FL car if you ordered PFL. They will either cancel the order or ask you to pony up some more cash.

RS3 ordered Nov 21. Yes you read that right. I'm on the fence whether to take it if it even arrives so close to facelift models being revealed (3Q23 afaik).

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
This is quite a bummer. You would have to make some hard choices, especially if it turns out that the rumors about the facelift RS3 not getting the 5-pot due to regulations have any credibility.

Reactions: Terminator x
I get what you are saying, but don't you think in about 8 months, after the facelift reveal, we would be able to at least order the S3? Being a 2024 model, it should arrive sometime until mid-2024? Or am I way overly optimistic?
Even if it is available to order it’s going to be 12-18 months before it arrives, unless they’ve found some way to drastically reduce the semi conductors required. I guess it depends what’s important to you, and are you willing to wait probably 2 years ish from now before your car arrives.

Also, the current A3 is one of the last models with physical buttons. The rest are all completely MMI driven, pretty sure that’s gonna happen in the next gen of these cars too… I don’t mind but a lot of people aren’t happy about it.

• Wow
Reactions: AdamInKent and vatdim

hard to tell based on images I’ve seen but it barely looks any different. Do wonder what if any internal changes have been made thoughI think
I think your timescale of 3 years for the facelift to hit the road is miles out
There is no smoke without fire the facelift is coming . imo the facelift will be on the road by Q2 2024 .
Just look at the timescale for the PFL cars they last around 3 years

Audi S3 8L 1999 - 2001
Audi S3 8L facelift 2001 - 2003

Audi S3 8P 2006 - 2008
Audi S3 8P facelift 2008 - 2012

Audi S3 8V 2013 - 2016
Audi S3 8V facelift 2016 - 2020

Audi S3 8Y 2020 -

I totally get where your coming from about ordering and waiting for the latest and greatest .
I don't think it needs loads of changes to be honest facelifts usually bring in new bumpers headlights etc
I'am hoping for a power hike and a flash of colour to the interior like the rest of Europe gets .

Given the current extraordinary lead times (ordered 45 tfsi e competition August '21 and still waiting). Do we not think they will delay/postpone facelift; or just not care about massively ******* off customers that have bought cars in good faith that are now out of date?

So should I just order an s3 now and then if a facelift isn’t released by the time the s3 is ready (circa 9 months?) I could just take the pfl and not worry. Id just be annoyed if after I ordered an s3’, if they added cockpit plus and ext ambient lighting etc to the options list which I would have wanted.

Given the current extraordinary lead times (ordered 45 tfsi e competition August '21 and still waiting). Do we not think they will delay/postpone facelift; or just not care about massively ******* off customers that have bought cars in good faith that are now out of date?
This is actually a highly relevant question. In my mind, they could address it by doing two things:
1) Massively ramping up production volumes in the coming months.
2) Automatically converting all remaining pre-facelift orders to facelift orders at the moment the facelift is revealed, at no additional cost to the future owners, plus firmly committing to delivery within Q1 2024 so these people who have waited the longest shall be among the first to actually experience the facelifted car. Now, this might get tricky with certain options no longer available, but maybe they could get around it by good communication with the dealers.
Having said that, both options seem to me a bit like wishful thinking.

Well another ******* delay to my build week, now been pushed back to wk 14, that's the 5 push back this year and its only February. Its coming up to 19 months since ordering my Audi and i am still waiting for a firmed build week. i would prefer if they just said it will be another 3, 4 or 5 months, rather than give me a new week with no intentions to fulfil it.

This is actually a highly relevant question. In my mind, they could address it by doing two things:
1) Massively ramping up production volumes in the coming months.
2) Automatically converting all remaining pre-facelift orders to facelift orders at the moment the facelift is revealed, at no additional cost to the future owners, plus firmly committing to delivery within Q1 2024 so these people who have waited the longest shall be among the first to actually experience the facelifted car. Now, this might get tricky with certain options no longer available, but maybe they could get around it by good communication with the dealers.
Having said that, both options seem to me a bit like wishful thinking.
Going how Audi have been treating its customers, they will do absolutely nothing. They don't really seem to care, that is my understanding. I just want the ****** car that I ordered on 1/9/21. Would be nice if they were just honest about the current situation of my build. Surely you give me a build week of wk 17 in 2022 and nearly a year later after pushing my build week back over 20 times Audi still cannot give me a firm build week. Why is this? Audi tell you nothing, just keep pushing the date back. What parts are they waiting for. is it for an option I've ordered? can i change it or cancel it to enable my car to be built. I have no idea as they tell you nothing of any use.

I think your timescale of 3 years for the facelift to hit the road is miles out
There is no smoke without fire the facelift is coming . imo the facelift will be on the road by Q2 2024 .
Just look at the timescale for the PFL cars they last around 3 years

Audi S3 8L 1999 - 2001
Audi S3 8L facelift 2001 - 2003

Audi S3 8P 2006 - 2008
Audi S3 8P facelift 2008 - 2012

Audi S3 8V 2013 - 2016
Audi S3 8V facelift 2016 - 2020

Audi S3 8Y 2020 -

I totally get where your coming from about ordering and waiting for the latest and greatest .
I don't think it needs loads of changes to be honest facelifts usually bring in new bumpers headlights etc
I'am hoping for a power hike and a flash of colour to the interior like the rest of Europe gets .

I'm including delivery time, best case scenario in the above it'll be available at some point this year then you're waiting 12-18 months for an S3 it seems to be at the minute?
Makes sense IF it becomes available in the next month or so, but if you've got an order in flight I guess it depends how much you really want what comes with the new car.

Seems like most manufacturers now seem to be just updating the MMI and slight design tweaks externally - M340i for example, but like I said depends what's important to you, I've been waiting 10 months, and I had a Golf R on order for about 6 months before that, I'm bored of waiting now lol

Looking through this thread it seems that most of the delays are for the TFSIe or S3 models, what kind of lead times are people ordering the A3 35TFSI S-line getting?
Audi confirmed my order on 11th Jan 2023 (A3 S-Line 35 TFSI S-Tronic with C&S / high beam assist / alloys upgraded / flat bottom steering wheel.) Dealer has said Audi confirmed build week 11 with delivery probably late April or early May.

I'm including delivery time, best case scenario in the above it'll be available at some point this year then you're waiting 12-18 months for an S3 it seems to be at the minute?
Makes sense IF it becomes available in the next month or so, but if you've got an order in flight I guess it depends how much you really want what comes with the new car.

Seems like most manufacturers now seem to be just updating the MMI and slight design tweaks externally - M340i for example, but like I said depends what's important to you, I've been waiting 10 months, and I had a Golf R on order for about 6 months before that, I'm bored of waiting now lol
I guess we will know more in the coming months about when the FL S3 will be coming .
I totally understand your position having waited so long for the Vorsprung S3

Going how Audi have been treating its customers, they will do absolutely nothing. They don't really seem to care, that is my understanding. I just want the ****** car that I ordered on 1/9/21. Would be nice if they were just honest about the current situation of my build. Surely you give me a build week of wk 17 in 2022 and nearly a year later after pushing my build week back over 20 times Audi still cannot give me a firm build week. Why is this? Audi tell you nothing, just keep pushing the date back. What parts are they waiting for. is it for an option I've ordered? can i change it or cancel it to enable my car to be built. I have no idea as they tell you nothing of any use.
It would be interesting if there are any specific options delaying your build, or just the model in general. Im still waiting for any kind of indication on mine, but I've got less options than yourself. Wonder if it will be higher up the build list because of few options?

New plates tomorrow, and there's me thinking I might see my new car in time for them lol.

Well another ******* delay to my build week, now been pushed back to wk 14, that's the 5 push back this year and its only February. Its coming up to 19 months since ordering my Audi and i am still waiting for a firmed build week. i would prefer if they just said it will be another 3, 4 or 5 months, rather than give me a new week with no intentions to fulfil it.
When I went in to check my order, Audi had removed C + S due to part of the production of getting cars out on time. It still didn't have a built slot and was a risk waiting till the end of the year to have it arrive without C + S. That's why I opted to take one that was already built without any optional extras.

Lease company update this morning. As previously mentioned, 45 TFSI e Competition ordered August '21. Previous update was build week 9/10. Now still unconfirmed build week of 20 for possible August delivery. That will be 2 YEARS! Absolutely laughable from Audi. Lease co are saying no-matter what manufacturers tell customers, lead time for all except the likes of Kia are 18mths minimum. Have gone passed angry. Now find it hilarious.

When I went in to check my order, Audi had removed C + S due to part of the production of getting cars out on time. It still didn't have a built slot and was a risk waiting till the end of the year to have it arrive without C + S. That's why I opted to take one that was already built without any optional extras.
How do you check your order. I’d like to know if anything will be missing from my car when it’s built.

How do you check your order. I’d like to know if anything will be missing from my car when it’s built.
I went into my dealer to check on my built week, what's when he pulled it up and said they'd taken off C + S. Wasn't sure if they'd put it back on but I would have had taken a chance waiting for delivery to find if it came with or without.

Again a different dealer has said they have a few S3’s with build dates coming to the dealer but I can amend the spec to my choice. I was told by another colleague that the dealers aren’t allowed to just order cars unless it’s for a customer? Are they just saying this so I think I’ll get one quicker and they can just pretend it’s delayed just like any normal order?

Again a different dealer has said they have a few S3’s with build dates coming to the dealer but I can amend the spec to my choice. I was told by another colleague that the dealers aren’t allowed to just order cars unless it’s for a customer? Are they just saying this so I think I’ll get one quicker and they can just pretend it’s delayed just like any normal order?
That’s untrue mate.
I walked into the dealership I use, told them what I wanted and they showed me they have two equivalent to what I wanted on order for themselves. I’ve taken one and even amended it to add a few options I want.

That’s untrue mate.
I walked into the dealership I use, told them what I wanted and they showed me they have two equivalent to what I wanted on order for themselves. I’ve taken one and even amended it to add a few options I want.
Ah that’s good then, just made me wonder. They said I’d get one sept/oct which isn’t bad. So they just order Random specs do they to have in the showroom as brand new?

Ah that’s good then, just made me wonder. They said I’d get one sept/oct which isn’t bad. So they just order Random specs do they to have in the showroom as brand new?
Not sure how and what they order. The one I have now was same, I rang up asked what they got and they told me they had what I wanted in a compound just delivered and I could have it. That was 2 years back.

Yeah, i was looking at getting a nearly new S3 back in 2019. Went into the dealership and they said they had a new S3 black edition in stock, drove that away instead!

Dealers have always ordered Demos/Stock cars it's just that lately because of the chip shortages etc, they haven't been able to and sometimes Audi won't let them order them like the RS3

My S3 8Y back in 2020 was 1 of 3 Demos that the dealer had ordered (S3 had just been released then) knowing they would sell them quick, but one hadn't been factory locked so they amended it to my spec and I had that within 2 months - Longer wait times now of course