A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I got the email today to say my car has arrived in the uk, about 8 weeks from ordering. Seems to be no logic from order date to build week at all with Audi.

Ordered an S3 Vorsprung on May 5th, supposed to be here early November, now being told it will be build 2nd week of Jan and to expect delivery March.

Might just sack it off at this rate and Order an electric car....
Wait for the Vorsprung mate.
We took an A3 40TFSIe untill our Vorsprung gets delivered, it broke down almost 8 weeks ago and after the dealership finally changed the fuse/relay unit last week its still showing the same fault.
At this rate i'll probably get my new Vorsprung before they fix this thing!

I got the email today to say my car has arrived in the uk, about 8 weeks from ordering. Seems to be no logic from order date to build week at all with Audi.
What did you order?
Do some dealerships get priority over others maybe??

I contacted my dealer last week to find out if there was a build week since I placed my order in Mid oct 2022 and hadn't heard anything. Still no week allocated and basically said could be June onwards, doesn't give me confidence you guys have orders from 2021 still not fulfilled.

Tempted to look at other options with shorter lead times....

Got an update on my Vorsprung order, now looking at week 4 build date next year.
Was meant to have collected it this year 29th Oct:angry:

Collected my S3 today, very pleased with it. Can confirm that rear parking sensors are there and front puddle lamps too, none are fitted on the rear doors though. I believe everything else that should be there is present.
The salesman at the dealers had no explanation as to why it had been delivered so quickly and has other S3 orders that were placed before mine and still outstanding. Only thing he suggested was that it could be because I did not select any options other than the wheels.

C83BD1E6 E478 47AF 926B C795F1A9BFEA

Reactions: twistytwist, Saral, Bluebell4322 and 1 other person
Collected my S3 today, very pleased with it. Can confirm that rear parking sensors are there and front puddle lamps too, none are fitted on the rear doors though. I believe everything else that should be there is present.
The salesman at the dealers had no explanation as to why it had been delivered so quickly and has other S3 orders that were placed before mine and still outstanding. Only thing he suggested was that it could be because I did not select any options other than the wheels.

View attachment 262217
And you only ordered it in September lol?

You should have Audi Beam (rings) on the front and crappy puddle lights on the back (unless they'd completely gone from the configurator by September).

You should have Audi Beam (rings) on the front and crappy puddle lights on the back (unless they'd completely gone from the configurator by September).
Yes I have the Audi rings on the front with a graduated fade. I’ll check on the rears again but think there are blanking plates fitted in there.

When do you think Audi will have sorted out the supply issues and be able to give you proper dates? As right now if I go and order an S3 I have no idea if it will be a year or more or what options will get removed. It’s hard to plan finances etc with this uncertainty

Do you get an automatic email or something from Audi when the car goes in to production? Its now been almost 13 months since I ordered and my dealer still don't have a confirmed build week and for some weird reason won't even tell me when the unconfirmed week is :frown new: Only thing he told me was that I had an unconfirmed build week of 49 but since that was 2 weeks ago I can rule that one out...

Do you get an automatic email or something from Audi when the car goes in to production? Its now been almost 13 months since I ordered and my dealer still don't have a confirmed build week and for some weird reason won't even tell me when the unconfirmed week is :frown new: Only thing he told me was that I had an unconfirmed build week of 49 but since that was 2 weeks ago I can rule that one out...
my dealer says that they do not get a notification, they have to logged into Audi ordering system and check each individual order manually. its been 16 months since i ordered my car and my build week moved from wk 17, to 27 to 46 then to wk 2 of 2023 and just last week has been pushed back again to wk 04 and still not a confirmed build week. It's at that point where i really don't care anymore. it gets here when it gets here, my only saving grace is its company car and not my own, as i would of dumped Audi many months ago if i was purchasing it.

my dealer says that they do not get a notification, they have to logged into Audi ordering system and check each individual order manually. its been 16 months since i ordered my car and my build week moved from wk 17, to 27 to 46 then to wk 2 of 2023 and just last week has been pushed back again to wk 04 and still not a confirmed build week. It's at that point where i really don't care anymore. it gets here when it gets here, my only saving grace is its company car and not my own, as i would of dumped Audi many months ago if i was purchasing it.
For some bizarre reason seems to be the common theme with the 45 TSFIe, I personally haven't seen any driving about on the roads. Maybe one of the longer lead A3s due to the electronics.

Got word yesterday that my order is now in the uk. Ordered start of March this year so almost a 10 month wait. Hopefully will be available to collect before the end of the year but I’m unsure of how long transportation from uk port to Glasgow will take, any ideas? would be nice to have it before the new year, but not really expecting it due to Christmas closures and delays etc

Reactions: Zoomer
I don't know what is going on with the A3, but went to the dealer yesterday and he had 30 new Q3s and just one A3

Στάλθηκε από το moto g82 5G μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

06D2A6EB 5837 45AA 97ED CD42C043A873
78184203 0F26 4D10 9BAF A01EF896413A
7BFC40DB 1CE4 40BE 99E4 A4792E3CEB2E
Just shy of 10 months from order to pick up, worth it though!

Reactions: twistytwist, Saral, gboole and 1 other person
Another delay to my order placed early September 2021. Its now been pushed back from wk 4 to wk 8 WTF!!!!!!! At this rate it could be nearly a two year wait from placing the order to actually receiving the ****** car.

Another delay to my order placed early September 2021. Its now been pushed back from wk 4 to wk 8 WTF!!!!!!! At this rate it could be nearly a two year wait from placing the order to actually receiving the ****** car.

I think they have a bunch of 45e's they'll produce all at once in a batch, I'm no expert but seems everyone has been told Q1/Q2 for their orders.

Reactions: FishyFinger
There's going to be A LOT of these on the road come March! Had one on order since August '21. Have given up asking for updates.

I've not called for another update since early December, but my car is in for a service on Friday so will ask then, really hoping there's no further delay!

Ended up getting a call today, pushed back another week to first week of Feb, still expecting delivery in March

Great that yours came so fast, I ordered virtually the same vehicle Ocotober 2nd, and have had confirmation it was built and left the factory on November 16th. with nothing since, have contacted dealer but are being very quiet. Starting to wonder if its been damaged in transit!

Anyone else with similar experiences?

I feel a little guilty how tough you guys are doing it with A3 and S3's in the UK.
I bought an S3 that was already on it's way and had it 3 weeks later. Currently, Audi are showing 13 sportback and 13 sedan S3's available for purchase within 500km's of where I live (so basically in my state). RS cars are still hard to come by (RS3's in particular - my order is likely not going to arrive until 2024) but S and non RS cars seem to be relatively easy to come by.

I’m in the US and ordered an S3 last August using an existing dealer allocation. Audi marked the build complete and awaiting transport on October 14 and that’s the last I’ve heard of it. I know that German ports have been backed up but 3 months waiting for a vessel seems a little excessive even by today’s standards? I’ve started to wonder if something else is going on with it.

Got the word that my S3 is "In Transit from the Factory" whatever that means. I want to believe its gonna take around 3 weeks but I have a feeling it wont be here till end of December. Anyone have insight into shipping times? I am in the USA.
I just noticed that our order timelines are pretty similar. Have you made any progress toward receiving your car?

Great that yours came so fast, I ordered virtually the same vehicle Ocotober 2nd, and have had confirmation it was built and left the factory on November 16th. with nothing since, have contacted dealer but are being very quiet. Starting to wonder if its been damaged in transit!

Anyone else with similar experience?

After posting this, I just recieved an email this morning confirming the vehicle has arrived in the UK. So for me, it left the factory on November 16th and arrived today in the UK. hopefully things progress more quickly now!

Just got told by my dealer that I have a confirmed build week of 6 now finally some good news after waiting for nearly 14 months

Just received an email to say my car has now started being built, so a week before I thought it would be. Reckon collection will be first week of March, no point collecting before that now.

Any updates from you peeps with an order for an TFSIe 45 S Line Competition? I'm fairly in the dark through my company with progress or build dates. My understanding is there not even building any until April onwards?

Been on order since June last year, lets hope i see it for the new plates in September!

Any updates from you peeps with an order for an TFSIe 45 S Line Competition? I'm fairly in the dark through my company with progress or build dates. My understanding is there not even building any until April onwards?

Been on order since June last year, lets hope i see it for the new plates in September!
Had one on order since August '21. Last update was March '23. Tho' not holding my breath.

Reactions: Jak_11

Ordered mine on 1st September 2021 and still waiting for a confirmed build week. Its was pushed back 3/4 times last year and twice this year so far. My current build week is now week 8 (not firmed) but like many others i am not holding my breath.

Reactions: Jak_11
Ordered mine on 1st September 2021 and still waiting for a confirmed build week. Its was pushed back 3/4 times last year and twice this year so far. My current build week is now week 8 (not firmed) but like many others i am not holding my breath.
Sheeeeeesh! If people have orders going back till 2021, and still don't have firm build dates, I'm gonna be well down the pecking order!

You deserve a medal for waiting so long! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: pocket
My SA just told me that my S3 is still sitting in Germany with no ETA. He corrected me on one thing: it was reported as production complete on 10/7/22. That means it’s just been sitting there for 15 weeks! Emden was reportedly ~2 months backed up in the fall so something else has to be going on with it.

I don’t know how you guys with 18+ month wait times have stayed sane.

I ordered January last year
I ordered January last year now got a unconfirmed build week of 9 so around same time as you so hopefully that’s a good sign but like ya say won’t be holding my breath either