A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Got the word that my S3 is "In Transit from the Factory" whatever that means. I want to believe its gonna take around 3 weeks but I have a feeling it wont be here till end of December. Anyone have insight into shipping times? I am in the USA.

I’ve ordered my replacement for my A3 TDi that’s now 2 years old.
ordered a edition 1 with C&S last Saturday I’ve been told it’s down for build week 13.
I do believe I’ve taken a dealer build slot so not sure how long ago they put the factory order in.
Let the wait begin…

Lol, did you just tell folks who are waiting forever for their cars that yours is ready but you don't want it anymore?

Cruel man :)
I'm guessing from the work reference that it's a company car and he's now left the job that bought it for him.

Reactions: KekKek
I think you'll probably get it for Nov then if not Dec, I know from my dealer if I wanted the 40 tsfi e that was going to be early Q1 but the 45 tsfi e was Q2 onwards. Fingers crossed for you.
Arrived on Monday 7th :) I'm in love lol.
Hopefully yours gets to you soon and you're as happy with it as I am with mine!

I'm guessing from the work reference that it's a company car and he's now left the job that bought it for him.

Yes I know. I was just rearranging it for comedy value :rolleyes:.

• Haha
Reactions: KekKek, dty and twistytwist
Well, apparently my S3 Vorsprung, ordered first week of January, is now in the country. I have a registration number. Looking like a bit shy of 11 months by the time I get my paws on it.

Well, apparently my S3 Vorsprung, ordered first week of January, is now in the country. I have a registration number. Looking like a bit shy of 11 months by the time I get my paws on it.
Enjoy it mate, looking forward to getting mine at some point!

After receiving an email from Audi on the 18th of November confirming that my car had began build on the 16th, I have received an update today confirming that it was a mistake and my car has in fact not entered build at all and has actually been delayed 6 weeks

After receiving an email from Audi on the 18th of November confirming that my car had began build on the 16th, I have received an update today confirming that it was a mistake and my car has in fact not entered build at all and has actually been delayed 6 weeks
Do you have time travel ?

Reactions: montage0fheck
October***

Well it's confirmed I'll be collecting my S3 a week on Friday. That's March order - November delivery so I can't complain. Hope those who are waiting don't have too many delays or issues and this is a sign of things easing and being delivered more logically!

Anyone that's just ordered/about to order and is in for a long wait maybe interested that a face lifted 8Y will be introduced this time next year so maybe hold off if it's such a thing is important to yourself?

So my car left the factory on 19 October. It only arrived in the UK port this week. Been told it could be up to 2 weeks to get from the port to the dealership.

i don’t know why but my car seems to have been hit with delays and slow service at every stage. 20-21 months for delivery of a car, which had an initial estimate of 3 months, is a disgrace. Audi really need to look at how poor their service has been.

at this point now I don’t care how amazing the car is, I will not buy another Audi. I think there will be a lot of Audi customers going elsewhere from now on.

poor poor service!!!!!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06
So my car left the factory on 19 October. It only arrived in the UK port this week. Been told it could be up to 2 weeks to get from the port to the dealership.

i don’t know why but my car seems to have been hit with delays and slow service at every stage. 20-21 months for delivery of a car, which had an initial estimate of 3 months, is a disgrace. Audi really need to look at how poor their service has been.

at this point now I don’t care how amazing the car is, I will not buy another Audi. I think there will be a lot of Audi customers going elsewhere from now on.

poor poor service!!!!!!!
Agree completely!
My car keeps getting pushed back and the new 40TSFIe we took until the Vorsprung gets here broke down almost 5 weeks ago and they still haven't fixed it.
At least the A6 Avant loan car is pretty nice, although if the new car keeps getting pushed back i might tell them to stick it!!

This is probably going to sound like a really stupid question but, Audi have now confirmed that my car had in fact gone into build week 44 but “is currently in the admin status and will be built shortly” they will not answer anymore questions but I’m left wondering what this actually means? Does it mean it’s at least started being built? Or has it not been started at all? it’s all very vague…

This is probably going to sound like a really stupid question but, Audi have now confirmed that my car had in fact gone into build week 44 but “is currently in the admin status and will be built shortly” they will not answer anymore questions but I’m left wondering what this actually means? Does it mean it’s at least started being built? Or has it not been started at all? it’s all very vague…
I would imagine that it's been built to a certain stage, but is now waiting for chips and harnesses to complete - Only guessing though but others have had similar situations - They must have a lot of cars waiting completion which can't be easy as they are usually built, quality controlled etc and they are then loaded onto a train (ingolstadt has a train direct to port)

I would imagine that it's been built to a certain stage, but is now waiting for chips and harnesses to complete - Only guessing though but others have had similar situations - They must have a lot of cars waiting completion which can't be easy as they are usually built, quality controlled etc and they are then loaded onto a train (ingolstadt has a train direct to port)
It seems that you were right! Received the dreaded text from Audi this morning saying that my car has been held up on the line due to the shortage of semiconductor chips. Was hoping to have a collection date before the new year but it’s looking highly unlikely at this stage :/

It seems that you were right! Received the dreaded text from Audi this morning saying that my car has been held up on the line due to the shortage of semiconductor chips. Was hoping to have a collection date before the new year but it’s looking highly unlikely at this stage :/
Sorry to hear that

what have you ordered?

I’ve been told mine has moved forward from week13 to week5. There seems to be no logic and they just build random.

Hopefully lead times are starting to improve. I placed an order for an S3 saloon on 26th September 2022 with Nottingham Audi and was told to expect March/April delivery. I received the Audi email on 1st November telling me the car was going into production and I have received another email today telling me the car is built and awaiting shipping.

Reactions: engies and twistytwist
what have you ordered?

I’ve been told mine has moved forward from week13 to week5. There seems to be no logic and they just build random.
I’ve ordered an A3 s-line auto in Python yellow, c&s pack, upgraded steering wheel, alloys.
Received an email earlier today saying that my order is completed and been tested, just awaiting dispatch. This is less than 24 hours after receiving the text saying that my build has been held up waiting for chips. Audi seem to not have a clue what’s going on with anyone’s orders tbh

Hopefully lead times are starting to improve. I placed an order for an S3 saloon on 26th September 2022 with Nottingham Audi and was told to expect March/April delivery. I received the Audi email on 1st November telling me the car was going into production and I have received another email today telling me the car is built and awaiting shipping.
I got that email today too, I’m hoping I’ll have the car before Christmas but I’m up in Scotland so I’d imagine it will take a while to reach the dealership. Knowing Audi though they could literally phone tomorrow and say that it’s either at the dealership already or it’s going to take another 6 months lol

Reactions: AndybT5R
Finally picked up my S3 Vorsprung that I ordered in the first week of January. Almost 11 months to the day.
IMG 2041

Reactions: gboole and twistytwist
Congrats! Anything missing off it at all?
Not that I can tell.
  • 360 cameras were totally gone by then and I didn’t get them. Fair enough.
  • Reversing camera present
  • Phone box present - slightly unexpected
  • Audi Beam missing, but I know that’s a dealer fit, so suspect dealer missed it and can be resolved
  • Extended ambient lighting present
  • Storage pack present
What else has been a concern?

Not that I can tell.
  • 360 cameras were totally gone by then and I didn’t get them. Fair enough.
  • Reversing camera present
  • Phone box present - slightly unexpected
  • Audi Beam missing, but I know that’s a dealer fit, so suspect dealer missed it and can be resolved
  • Extended ambient lighting present
  • Storage pack present
What else has been a concern?
Have they now put parking sensors back in does anyone know? As I definitely won’t be ordering one without sensors lol. Last time I was in the dealer in the summer they said sensors were taken off the comfort and sound so all you got was a camera!

Have they now put parking sensors back in does anyone know? As I definitely won’t be ordering one without sensors lol. Last time I was in the dealer in the summer they said sensors were taken off the comfort and sound so all you got was a camera!
Were they ever officially removed? I didn't think they were, but I could be wrong. Either way, I definitely got them. Being a Vorsprung, it also has the advanced self-parking stuff, which wouldn't work without the sensors. So maybe they're dropping them off cars that "only" have sensors, but leaving them on cars where the sensors support other, more advanced, functions?

Were they ever officially removed? I didn't think they were, but I could be wrong. Either way, I definitely got them. Being a Vorsprung, it also has the advanced self-parking stuff, which wouldn't work without the sensors. So maybe they're dropping them off cars that "only" have sensors, but leaving them on cars where the sensors support other, more advanced, functions?
I ordered my normal A3 in April with default rear parking sensors, in June my wife decided that she also wants A3 so we went to the dealer again and he said to us: "if you order without default PDC there is a 300pounds discount and free rear camera and the produce time will be short" - thats what we did. My wife car was produced in 2 months while mine with default PDC in 7.

I ordered my normal A3 in April with default rear parking sensors, in June my wife decided that she also wants A3 so we went to the dealer again and he said to us: "if you order without default PDC there is a 300pounds discount and free rear camera and the produce time will be short" - thats what we did. My wife car was produced in 2 months while mine with default PDC in 7.
I just got told that they are sending cars lit without the sensors even with C&S. it was an s3 I wanted and they said it’s all cars. All dealers say something different though so I never know! I’m still waiting for ambient lighting pack to come back before I order. Can’t not have the ring puddle lights and lights in interior

I’ve got an edition 1 with sound & comfort pack on order. Due march
I’ve not been told that the ambient, puddle or parking sensors are not going to be included.
My configuration shows they’re included. I’ll be having words if there missing because when I ordered I asked if anything would be missing and was told the bits that had been missing are now back on cars coming through now.

I’ve got an edition 1 with sound & comfort pack on order. Due march
I’ve not been told that the ambient, puddle or parking sensors are not going to be included.
My configuration shows they’re included. I’ll be having words if there missing because when I ordered I asked if anything would be missing and was told the bits that had been missing are now back on cars coming through now.
if it says its gonna be march it can be rescheduled many times by that time, i ordered 3x A3 this year and all of them were rescheduled many times. The first one i ordered in April was supposed to be produced 17th november, 27th november i contacted dealer and they said it got stuck with no ETA on production so i cancelled it - got the other 2 already

14th june i placed order on the A3 without rear PDC, 22 september i was already driving it (well wife was! :) ) - delivery time from the fabric is 7 days since i live in Poland.

Well, chased for an update with my company car provider today. Another delay build week pushed back from Wk2 to Wk4 of 2023. I know its only two weeks but really ****** me off as the order was placed very early September 2021. I am expecting further push backs as its not firmed yet.

Ordered an S3 Vorsprung on May 5th, supposed to be here early November, now being told it will be build 2nd week of Jan and to expect delivery March.

Might just sack it off at this rate and Order an electric car....