A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Great news,
my build week for my Vorsprung was originally 39 but dealer told me last week that it had slipped again to week 49.
Its slipped 10 weeks in 6 months, dealer said should be early next year, fingers crossed!!
Mine had done the same. You'll feel so much better when you get a confirmed build date!

Hi all,

well the saga continues. Had a confirmed build week of week 35 (29 Aug 22). Chased the car last week and been told it’s still sat at build status 35. Anyone know what that status means?

ive been told it’s built but is now awaiting some semi conductors. Same story I’ve been hearing for 18 months. They are now unable to provide me with an estimated delivery date. Beginning to wonder if I will reach the 2 year point before I see the car

Car was ordered March 21 with an initial estimate of June 21. Here we are nearly 19 months later and still no car. Audi have been an absolute disgrace throughout this process. False information, a clear lack of professionalism, an inability to plan production and clearly an unfair prioritisation system.

after this, I will never use them again.

Hi All,
Been following this thread for a while, ordered my 40 tfsi E end of April, expected to be ready in December, still saying the same. Hopefully it comes then, can’t wait, first Audi.

Hi all,

well the saga continues. Had a confirmed build week of week 35 (29 Aug 22). Chased the car last week and been told it’s still sat at build status 35. Anyone know what that status means?

ive been told it’s built but is now awaiting some semi conductors. Same story I’ve been hearing for 18 months. They are now unable to provide me with an estimated delivery date. Beginning to wonder if I will reach the 2 year point before I see the car

Car was ordered March 21 with an initial estimate of June 21. Here we are nearly 19 months later and still no car. Audi have been an absolute disgrace throughout this process. False information, a clear lack of professionalism, an inability to plan production and clearly an unfair prioritisation system.

after this, I will never use them again.
Had a call from the sales manager who confirmed the problem with semiconductors.

he also informed me how Audi have gotten into the situation where vehicles are not being produced in the order the orders were placed.

basically when all the problems with covid and semiconductors started the factory cancelled order when it shouldn’t have. They were then supposed to reinstate those orders in the sequence they were placed. However they didn’t. The orders were reinstated in a random order which is why vehicles are being delivered in a random sequence and with wildly varying delivery times. He has said that will never admit this though.

just shows how poor the VW group are. First the emissions scandal and now this.

he even said the factory don’t care as they don’t have to deal with the ****** off customers

Reactions: Mado97
Had a call from the sales manager who confirmed the problem with semiconductors.

he also informed me how Audi have gotten into the situation where vehicles are not being produced in the order the orders were placed.

basically when all the problems with covid and semiconductors started the factory cancelled order when it shouldn’t have. They were then supposed to reinstate those orders in the sequence they were placed. However they didn’t. The orders were reinstated in a random order which is why vehicles are being delivered in a random sequence and with wildly varying delivery times. He has said that will never admit this though.

just shows how poor the VW group are. First the emissions scandal and now this.

he even said the factory don’t care as they don’t have to deal with the ****** off customers
That really helps to shed some light on why some orders were out in 4 months and others like yours are taking nearly two years. I hope that Audi have learnt their lesson from this and manage orders better in the future. Did they say anything else about your car or you still waiting for the chips?

That really helps to shed some light on why some orders were out in 4 months and others like yours are taking nearly two years. I hope that Audi have learnt their lesson from this and manage orders better in the future. Did they say anything else about your car or you still waiting for the chips?
Still waiting for chips. He said he has a large number (around 40 cars) all sat on the same build week awaiting the same thing. He things they will release as a batch.
But can’t give a date

it’s a joke

Still waiting for chips. He said he has a large number (around 40 cars) all sat on the same build week awaiting the same thing. He things they will release as a batch.
But can’t give a date

it’s a joke

That's a lot of cars to have waiting. Wonder what the other factories are like and if its just the one factory with issues. Hope you're not waiting around too long and get your car soon you've been waiting far too long.

That's a lot of cars to have waiting. Wonder what the other factories are like and if its just the one factory with issues. Hope you're not waiting around too long and get your car soon you've been waiting far too long.
He suggested it was mainly this factory. He told me there was an A6 which was ordered and delivered within 10 weeks and the A6 comes from another factory

I placed my order Nov 21 and not expecting the car until Summer 23.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY
Ordered my 45 comp with c/s January been informed today moved back from late December to April 23 delivery with unconfirmed build week of 9

Ordered my 45 comp with c/s January been informed today moved back from late December to April 23 delivery with unconfirmed build week of 9
ordered my 45comp very early Sept 21, build week was pushed back from 17, to 37 then to 34 and now is week 02, its been at week 02 for the last 2/3 months. fingers crossed build week will be confirmed by December. I even looked at removing options to see if it would bring the build week forward. But was told 45 Comp's wont be built until Jan 2023. expecting delivery in late February to early March, that is if the build week isn't pushed back again. that will be roughly 18months from ordering to receiving the car, and that's not firmed yet.

I think you'll probably get it for Nov then if not Dec, I know from my dealer if I wanted the 40 tsfi e that was going to be early Q1 but the 45 tsfi e was Q2 onwards. Fingers crossed for you.
So today I've been advised by the dealer that the car is waiting for shipping and that they are on track for eta to dealership on 1st November. I didn't even know it started build but I still don't trust this date!

Just wondering what the longest time someone has been waiting for their vehicle so far???

I ordered my vehicle 15 Mar 21 (told delivery would be June 21).

still not delivered. so that’s 19 months.

wonder if I’ll make 2 years

Just wondering what the longest time someone has been waiting for their vehicle so far???

I ordered my vehicle 15 Mar 21 (told delivery would be June 21).

still not delivered. so that’s 19 months.

wonder if I’ll make 2 years
I ordered my S3 in June 21 and will be picking it up this Friday, a wait of 18 months

Reactions: Phelan583
We cancelled the order for our S3. My wife ghot fed up waiting so bought a used BMW M135i instead which she's happy with.

If anyone wants a new S3 it's a Black SB with comfort and sound, the 19 inch rims (not the diamond cut ones) and red calipers. I think it'll be appearing in Bath Audi any day now and we've only just cancelled so it'll be looking for a home. That was an 18 month wait... but it seems they didn't make them in a first come first served situation, but they've made a load at once... I expect we'll see quite a few S3s land now... The salesman was a guy called Klee... a decent guy... so if anyones interested he'll know the car (my name is Julian)

I'll keep you posted :) I've ordered Python Yellow - maybe they accidently painted too many yellow shells and they need the space or someone else decided they were a nutter for picking yellow so cancelled their order! I mean, who wants a yellow car apart from me lol?!
I’ve ordered mine in Python Yellow too, I have the A1 in that colour just now and it looks great! Im forever getting compliments on it when out and about

Reactions: twistytwist
Update:
Just got an email saying that my car has went into build as of today after having placed the order in March 2022

Reactions: Mado97 and Phelan583
Update:
Just got an email saying that my car has went into build as of today after having placed the order in March 2022
What have you ordered if you don't mind me asking? I ordered March 2022 for a S3 C+S in Turbo Blue and I'm expecting it to go into build this week from the last info I had. Not chased yet to see if this has actually happened

What have you ordered if you don't mind me asking? I ordered March 2022 for a S3 C+S in Turbo Blue and I'm expecting it to go into build this week from the last info I had. Not chased yet to see if this has actually happened
Ordered an A3 S line in python yellow, 30 TFSI automatic, C&S pack, flat bottom steering wheel, upgraded alloys.

After nearly a year since I placed my order and multiple delays, I am now due to receive my new Audi A3 S line this Friday. I hope the car is worth the wait!

Reactions: montage0fheck
What’s everyone’s experience with build times? How long is it taking at the moment for majority of cars to be built to completion once in build?

I’ve ordered mine in Python Yellow too, I have the A1 in that colour just now and it looks great! Im forever getting compliments on it when out and about
I can't wait - I used to have a yellow Fiat Punto and I loved coming out into a carpark and being able to spot my car from 3 miles away!

My S3 ordered at the start of January has been built! I’ve added the VIN to MyAudi but I can’t work out where to see the spec/equipment. Can anyone provide any pointers?

Hi all, just curious if these are the emails you all receive when your car goes into the next stage? I ask because everyone keeps saying their car went into build so I am wondering if production and build are different stages? I received this update on September 30th but when I reached out to my dealer about the progress he told me that the build date was set for October 31st. I am trying to get a sense of the timeline so I can save up as much as possible down payment.
Screen Shot 2022 10 24 at 61953 PM

Finally I have some good news about my car. It left the factory Wednesday last week. So hopefully I should have it soon

Reactions: twistytwist and Mado97
I got this email from Audi to say my S3 was being wrapped for transport, 5th Oct 22. "Just to let you know, your new S3 is carefully wrapped up, safe and sound on board our ship to the UK. We'll let you know when it has arrived." No mention of the actual build week.
I drove out of the UK dealership in my car 22nd Oct. Originally ordered 10th Feb 22, before the war started!

I've been advised that my car has now arrived ta the dealership and will be delivered on 7th November.
Original order date - 3rd August so 3 months from order to delivery.

My order went into build 2 weeks ago today and not heard anything since, hopefully have word by this time next week roughly when I should expect it to arrive at the dealer

My order went into build 2 weeks ago today and not heard anything since, hopefully have word by this time next week roughly when I should expect it to arrive at the dealer
From start of build to delivery, mine took 3 weeks. So hopefully not much longer for you!

Seems like Audi are suffering from ****/elbow confusion.

8 days ago they emailed me to say "We've checked it over, now it's over to you" and "We're happy to tell you that all the rigorous tests have been completed and we've checked and double checked for any imperfections. Now it's time for your brand new S3 to leave the factory and head off on its journey to you." The same day, my dealer emailed to tell me pretty much the same thing, and was able to confirm the VIN which I successfully set up in the My Audi app (although I can't see the equipment, sadly).

Then, today, I get a text from Audi UK saying "Thank you for ordering a new Audi, it won't be long now before you are behind the wheel. Your car is nearing completion, however this stage is taking a little longer than expected, due to the global shortage of semiconductor chips. We are sorry about this, please be assured it is our priority and your Audi Centre will be in touch when they have more information."

What a complete joke this company is! I feel sorry for the dealers who clearly have very limited information available to them, but are expected to field customer queries.

Seems like Audi are suffering from ****/elbow confusion.

8 days ago they emailed me to say "We've checked it over, now it's over to you" and "We're happy to tell you that all the rigorous tests have been completed and we've checked and double checked for any imperfections. Now it's time for your brand new S3 to leave the factory and head off on its journey to you." The same day, my dealer emailed to tell me pretty much the same thing, and was able to confirm the VIN which I successfully set up in the My Audi app (although I can't see the equipment, sadly).

Then, today, I get a text from Audi UK saying "Thank you for ordering a new Audi, it won't be long now before you are behind the wheel. Your car is nearing completion, however this stage is taking a little longer than expected, due to the global shortage of semiconductor chips. We are sorry about this, please be assured it is our priority and your Audi Centre will be in touch when they have more information."

What a complete joke this company is! I feel sorry for the dealers who clearly have very limited information available to them, but are expected to field customer queries.
There is no rhyme or reason for any of it. I got the email on September 30th saying I was in build, my dealer emailed me that build week was October 31st, and now just emailed me saying Oct 21st was the build week. Hoping for a VIN this week or the next. At least you have the VIN so you know its working!

Agree with the no rhyme or reason on information. I don't receive any emails from Audi themselves it's just my direct contact with the dealer that has kept me updated.

I checked if it had been built as per the build week and the good news it has! Now awaiting a ship and apparently I'm going to get a call when it gets a ship, arrives in the UK & then arrives at the dealer.

Only expect the arrived at the dealer call to happen but we'll see! Car is closer at least

I'm losing patience with Audi, when we ordered our S3 Vorsprung the delivery date was Oct 29th 2022, had another update from the dealer yesterday to say that the BUILD week is now week 3 next year and looking at March delivery.
To make matters worse the 6 month old A3 40TFSIe which we took until the new one gets here broke down 2 1/2 weeks ago and they still don't know what's wrong with it. Shocking service!

I'm losing patience with Audi, when we ordered our S3 Vorsprung the delivery date was Oct 29th 2022, had another update from the dealer yesterday to say that the BUILD week is now week 3 next year and looking at March delivery.
To make matters worse the 6 month old A3 40TFSIe which we took until the new one gets here broke down 2 1/2 weeks ago and they still don't know what's wrong with it. Shocking service!
When did you order? I ordered an S3 Vorsprung in the first week of January, and still don't have it. Apparently it's simultaneously left the factory and is waiting for parts.

When did you order? I ordered an S3 Vorsprung in the first week of January, and still don't have it. Apparently it's simultaneously left the factory and is waiting for parts.
04/02/22 was the order date, don't get any updates on the delivery unless I ask the dealer who also said a lot of his time is spent replying to customers telling them their car is delayed!

ordered my 45comp very early Sept 21, build week was pushed back from 17, to 37 then to 34 and now is week 02, its been at week 02 for the last 2/3 months. fingers crossed build week will be confirmed by December. I even looked at removing options to see if it would bring the build week forward. But was told 45 Comp's wont be built until Jan 2023. expecting delivery in late February to early March, that is if the build week isn't pushed back again. that will be roughly 18months from ordering to receiving the car, and that's not firmed yet.
Update - checked with my lease company and still have build week 02 marked but not confirmed. was informed it should be firmed up next month. Fingers and toes crossed, its been a long wait and its not over yet.

I've been emailed to say my car is now on a boat to the UK. Anybody know how long it takes from port to dealer? I'm told I'll be in it by the end of the month but need to sort some time to get over to the dealer myself

So, I've just been told my 45 TFSIe Competition has arrived at the dealership!

However, I handed in my notice for a new role two weeks ago and so will not get to use the car!

It will find a home - a nicely spec'd car: C+S, lumbar support, flat bottom steering wheel and HBA.

Next car for the family is a Range Rover or Range Rover Sport.

Good luck all.

So, I've just been told my 45 TFSIe Competition has arrived at the dealership!

However, I handed in my notice for a new role two weeks ago and so will not get to use the car!

It will find a home - a nicely spec'd car: C+S, lumbar support, flat bottom steering wheel and HBA.

Next car for the family is a Range Rover or Range Rover Sport.

Good luck all.

Lol, did you just tell folks who are waiting forever for their cars that yours is ready but you don't want it anymore?

Cruel man :)

• Haha
Reactions: KekKek, twistytwist and MA3RC