A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I've now been given a confirmed build date on w/c 5th September 2022 after ordering December 2021. Roughly how long would i be waiting until I get delivery of the car in the UK?

Generally speaking, it should be delivered 4-6 weeks after it's built. That does assume it is built to completion in the build week you have been given. There have been cars being built to 99% completion, then sat around waiting for parts to be fitted requiring semi conductors which have been in short supply.

Reactions: Mado97
Generally speaking, it should be delivered 4-6 weeks after it's built. That does assume it is built to completion in the build week you have been given. There have been cars being built to 99% completion, then sat around waiting for parts to be fitted requiring semi conductors which have been in short supply.
Just spoken to another dealer about lead times, and they have quoted a minimum of 12 months for S & RS models.

Problem now is not semi conductors, but the fact that wiring looms for all VAG group cars are made in Ukraine!

I ordered an S3 Vorsprung in may and have been given a confirmed build week of 44 which is first week of November. So hoping it arrives this year, the guy said that thing a we’re starting to flow a little more freely now so hopefully that holds.

That will make it around 11 months wait for the car then if everything goes well!

I ordered my S3 Vorsprung Saloon Navarra Blue in May 2021. I ended up with confirmed build week 21 and it arrived week 28. So, about 15 months from order to delivery - if you’re being told 12 months that’s already an improvement!

It really does seem to be luck of the draw!
Perhaps i'll get the car i ordered this year, or it might slip to next year?
Kind of wish i had kept my S3 a bit longer instead of taking the stop gap car which the dealer had in stock

Just chased my lease company for an update as my build week of 34 had been removed. its now been pushed back from wk 34 to 2023 wk 01. That's 16+ months from order to build and that is not even a firmed date. Seriously thinking of cancelling. I have asked what the hold up is as if is due to parts for an optional extra then give me the option to cancel it and bring the delivery forward. Absolute disgusting service and customer care from Audi. Sadly if i switch manufacturer i am back at the end of the queue and therefore stuck if Audi.

I have a 45 TFSI e on order too, been told today its still May 2023 for my delivery but no build slot allocated.

Decided to call around and it turns out any new orders for 45 TFSI e models are specifically allocated as Q2 2023 deliveries.

I raised issues with the facelift in 2024 (assuming regular scheduling) and the dealer seems to think that will be a bit longer due to all of the delays - he cited the A1, Q3 and Q8 all not receiving proper facelift and have been around since 2018. Fair point I guess.

Lastly, I still can't add the ambient lighting pack to the car as its not available.

Options added:
S+C pack
HBA
Lumbar support

Excited to drive a 250BHP hybrid. Yet to order a car charger for home but I'll do that early next year.

Chased Audi UK again to see if changing my options would bring the build week forward. they said it makes no difference. build week now confirmed as 02 2023. I wanted to cancel my order but i don't think its a good idea as i will be at the back of the queue with BMW or Merc and will have a minimum 6-8 months wait for a new vehicle, so i just have to hang on in there. if they had told me back in September 2021 when i ordered it that it going to take 18 months, I would not of ordered it.

I have a 45 TFSI e on order too, been told today its still May 2023 for my delivery but no build slot allocated.

Decided to call around and it turns out any new orders for 45 TFSI e models are specifically allocated as Q2 2023 deliveries.

I raised issues with the facelift in 2024 (assuming regular scheduling) and the dealer seems to think that will be a bit longer due to all of the delays - he cited the A1, Q3 and Q8 all not receiving proper facelift and have been around since 2018. Fair point I guess.

Lastly, I still can't add the ambient lighting pack to the car as its not available.

Options added:
S+C pack
HBA
Lumbar support

Excited to drive a 250BHP hybrid. Yet to order a car charger for home but I'll do that early next year.
When did you place your order mine as been on order since end of January and just been pushed back to estimated delivery end of December 2022 ?

I ordered 45 TFSI e back in Nov 2021.
Still don't have a confirmed build date. Dealer just says should be expected Nov 22. Probably just a case of they haven't got a clue but don't want me to cancel and take my custom elsewhere.
I'm really fed up of waiting now.

Sorry double post but an interesting update for everyone who has ordered a 45 TFSI e S line Competition:

There are no build slots allocated for that model for the rest of the year, all build slots will be allocated early next year for delivery Q2.

Apparently Audi are focusing on building other specs this year. I assume the hybrid tech is a factor but this wasn't mentioned to me.

If anyone receives a confirmed build slot for this model this year, definitely let me know but I trust the source.

Reactions: RiceKrispy
Sorry double post but an interesting update for everyone who has ordered a 45 TFSI e S line Competition:

There are no build slots allocated for that model for the rest of the year, all build slots will be allocated early next year for delivery Q2.

Apparently Audi are focusing on building other specs this year. I assume the hybrid tech is a factor but this wasn't mentioned to me.

If anyone receives a confirmed build slot for this model this year, definitely let me know but I trust the source.
Ordered 45 TFSI e S Line Competition as new company car last August. Checked with lease co., say they expect it this November. Will be interesting to see if that's the stock "fob off", or if it will appear. Already had my old car taken off me for excessive mileage and uneconomical to repair! Running around in a series of hire/pool cars!

They’ve taken parking sensors off now even with comfort and sound. Getting ridiculous now

Reactions: Mado97 and Saral
They’ve taken parking sensors off now even with comfort and sound. Getting ridiculous now
That is a joke. Do you know if audi offer any compensation on parts tbey cannot fit. I hope that audi still fulfill my order with then on in C&S pack as well as the ambient lighting. It would be so annoying to wait a year for the car and not have these features.

Ordered 45 TFSI e S Line Competition as new company car last August. Checked with lease co., say they expect it this November. Will be interesting to see if that's the stock "fob off", or if it will appear. Already had my old car taken off me for excessive mileage and uneconomical to repair! Running around in a series of hire/pool cars!
I hope you do get it this year, I ordered April so definitely no chance this year for me. Remember to post pics when you get it, finding info on the 45tfsi e is like gold dust.

That is a joke. Do you know if audi offer any compensation on parts tbey cannot fit. I hope that audi still fulfill my order with then on in C&S pack as well as the ambient lighting. It would be so annoying to wait a year for the car and not have these features.
Sensors rear electric child locks and ambient lighting all gone I have been told still get camera just no sound and tone this was relayed from my dealer over a month ago also no price reduction as standard parts removed not optional extras

I was told to still place my order as they may get added back on and then I can just cancel my order if they aren’t. Is that true or are Audi just telling me that so I order? They also say you can get your £1k deposit back it I cancel, is that true?

I’ve just been to Audi today and they said it’s an 18 month wait for an S3. That can’t be right surely lol?

I’ve just been to Audi today and they said it’s an 18 month wait for an S3. That can’t be right surely lol?
Why would they lie? At the end of the day they want your money?

Reactions: Mado97 and Jassyo06
Why would they lie? At the end of the day they want your money?
Exactly the OP has been on this forum for awhile now and should probably have known the situation with delays of build weeks but the dealership are giving the worst case scenario but they won't be far off with their estimated time? Since June things have really slowed down my build week has been pushed 3 months from late November to the beginning of April 23....and so have a lot of others
If my car arrives in early May I'd of been waiting 20 months

Reactions: Smthy88
I was at my local dealers over the weekend to pick up a couple of bits. Chatting to one of the salesman whilst I was waiting and he said the quickest they could get a brand new S3 was just over 6 months. Sportback's we’re currentry taking longer than saloons and Vorsprung trim had the longest lead time but this was no more than 9 months. He knew I wasn’t buying so had no reason to understate the lead time.

Might be worth trying a couple of other dealers to see if they could get one sooner

I was at my local dealers over the weekend to pick up a couple of bits. Chatting to one of the salesman whilst I was waiting and he said the quickest they could get a brand new S3 was just over 6 months. Sportback's we’re currentry taking longer than saloons and Vorsprung trim had the longest lead time but this was no more than 9 months. He knew I wasn’t buying so had no reason to understate the lead time.

Might be worth trying a couple of other dealers to see if they could get one sooner
Yeah this is the reason I asked. When I first went to that dealer a few weeks ago the guy said you can’t order S3s at the moment but then when he looked on the computer you can. And then yesterday another person at that dealer said 18 months which seems crazy

My sister was interested in buying a new A1 but my dealer said they are having bigger issues now than before.
So since mine took a year to get here, probably they will need more time now.
They only have many many Tiguans available and a few Skodas. The rest of the groups is on hold

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

We ordered mid jan and due to pick up on the 2nd of Sept

Reactions: Maddave and MA3RC
They are probably giving worst case scenario but it doesn't seem like the situation with orders is improving much. I was supposed to get the A3 in May when I ordered in December but its now delayed until November. However there are other people on this forum that have got their car in 4-5 months after ordering.

I have got my VIN and Audi app set up, how can I see without the car code the equipment to make sure everything ordered is there?

I went into the dealership and asked if they had any S3s coming to the lot. He looked in the system and had two allocated set to be delivered early January. I was able to spec the already allocated car to my liking and mark it as sold in order to speed up the process. Still yet to be seen if it will be faster but I have a build date in late November this year. Has anyone else done this or just placed custom orders? I am also in the US, not sure if that matters.

I went into the dealership and asked if they had any S3s coming to the lot. He looked in the system and had two allocated set to be delivered early January. I was able to spec the already allocated car to my liking and mark it as sold in order to speed up the process. Still yet to be seen if it will be faster but I have a build date in late November this year. Has anyone else done this or just placed custom orders? I am also in the US, not sure if that matters.
It makes me wonder if left hand drive cars are produced quicker / prioritised as I imagine it's the bulk of their orders

Just got an update this morning, my 45 TFSI e competition is now due April 2023. Was told May 2023 initially.

I have got my VIN and Audi app set up, how can I see without the car code the equipment to make sure everything ordered is there?
It will appear in the app within a couple of days, when the car is complete

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Finally got an update on my S3 Vorsprung today and the dealer tells me that the build week has gone back to week 47.
Guess i wont be getting it this year :frown:

My plan was always to keep mine for just under 3 years so looking at the forum and seeing waiting times of a year I spoke to the dealership today as mine is nearly 2 years old. He tells me 16 weeks is the wait time from order to delivery.
now I have a decision to make.

Followed this thread for a while.
Ordered the TFSIe 45 S line Competition Dec 21, originally meant to take delivery August 22, then September 22. I chased for an update through the lease company, they have said there is no longer a projected build/ delivery date for these models and given a rough estimate of the Q1 23.
I made a new enquiry at the same dealer, they said the the s-line has a minimum lead time of 28 weeks if ordered today, the Competition variant have all be pushed back the Q2 23 regardless of order date, they couldn't answer the question of the extra delay for the competition, he himself said he has no idea as its essentially a trim level upgrade with the electric motor being slightly more powerful.

My plan was always to keep mine for just under 3 years so looking at the forum and seeing waiting times of a year I spoke to the dealership today as mine is nearly 2 years old. He tells me 16 weeks is the wait time from order to delivery.
now I have a decision to make.
16 weeks? What are you ordering? I ordered an S3 Vorsprung in the first week of January and still don't even have a build week locked in.