A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I have ordered A3 tfsie 45 comp c/s in late January 22 been given end of October estimation to dealer looking late December early January at earliest if I am honest thats with ambient lighting reverse park sensors and electric rear child locks already removed
I ordered the same A3 TFSIe 45 Comp back in September 2021. Given a build week of 17 which has now been pushed back to week 37. My lease company informed me that the ambient light pack has been removed but may come back as an option buy the time my build week arrives and therefore may come with it. With regards to rear parking sensors all A3 from S-line and above will come with them. He also confirmed that the electric rear child lock has been removed.
Expecting build in September with delivery November.

Finally... !!!!! The car is so nice...such a step up from my seat Leon FR.. I keep reading criticism of the quality of the interior compared to the previous model but for me it's great!!!! Looks the part inside and out ... it almost feels to posh for me..lol

Attachments

• 20220414_164917.jpg
    20220414_164917.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 230
  • 20220414_164740.jpg
    20220414_164740.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 225
  • Love
Reactions: AdamInKent, Ameus, Rads and 5 others
Finally... !!!!! The car is so nice...such a step up from my seat Leon FR.. I keep reading criticism of the quality of the interior compared to the previous model but for me it's great!!!! Looks the part inside and out ... it almost feels to posh for me..lol
Looks beautiful. So happy for you that you've finally got your hands on it. I am hoping I will get mine within the next month or so (been at the factory for four weeks, so hoping it's released and on a ship soon!). Take if for a good spin this Easter weekend and be sure to report your opinions :)

Reactions: MF DOOMER
Looks beautiful. So happy for you that you've finally got your hands on it. I am hoping I will get mine within the next month or so (been at the factory for four weeks, so hoping it's released and on a ship soon!). Take if for a good spin this Easter weekend and be sure to report your opinions :)
Cheers mate.. yh will share my thoughts.... hang on in there...trust me it's worth the wait.... FYI that was a 12 month wait from ordering to collection (bar a few days)

• Love
Reactions: NigelG
Random thoughts but I'm very happy with the ambient lighting pack... looks great

It's abit strange that you manually have to activate hold assit via the my car settings... wouldn't everyone want that activated by default?

Random thoughts but I'm very happy with the ambient lighting pack... looks great

It's abit strange that you manually have to activate hold assit via the my car settings... wouldn't everyone want that activated by default?
Glad your car has finally arrived. I had to spend some considerable time getting everything set up the way I wanted, more than I thought I would. Its all good now though. Enjoy your car.

Reactions: Maddave and MF DOOMER
I am looking forward to that on mine, glad I upgraded to it. My Wife's doesn't have it and just lacks that 'pow' of interior lighting.
It's a bit strange that you manually have to activate hold assist via the my car settings... wouldn't everyone want that activated by default?
You would think wouldn't you, certainly be turning mine on!

I guessed this was due to the constant movement at ports etc, loaders and what not. It’s easier to just have the car roll?

How long did it take you guys to get the car delivered after you got the confirmed build week? I ordered mine in November and still haven't heard a word from my dealer about a potential build week etc. It's getting annoying... :frown new:

How long did it take you guys to get the car delivered after you got the confirmed build week? I ordered mine in November and still haven't heard a word from my dealer about a potential build week etc. It's getting annoying... :frown new:
i think on average people are waiting 10-12 months from ordering to taking delivery. Mine is due in a few weeks so I’ll of been waiting 11 Months. i Didn’t get a build week as I’ve ordered through a lease company, my expected date was December 19th which has obviously slipped back.

Reactions: bollan98
Ordered mine on 1st December and don't have a build date yet. I was told May delivery but I think that is very unlikely now. Don't think I will get the car until the end of this year at this rate.

Ordered mine on 1st December and don't have a build date yet. I was told May delivery but I think that is very unlikely now. Don't think I will get the car until the end of this year at this rate.
Going by what's been happening on the RS3 8Y build tracker ....its basically come to a stop it looks like build movement will resume sometime around June

After 12 (and a bit) long months, I finally picked up my S3 Saloon a week or so ago. I’m absolutely blown away. Coming from a previous gen A1 the difference in power is immense. Not to mention the quality of interior, tech and finish.

It was such a long wait and with little update on build or delivery, a number of times I considered cancelling and picking up something else second hand or even a used S3, and I’m so glad I didn’t.

In the end it was 11 months from order to build, with another 5 weeks from build to handover.

I ordered Comfort & Sound, Pan Roof, Ambient Lighting, Wireless Phone Charging Box, 19” Wheels. Ordered in March 2021 and despite some recent updates on the availability of some of these options, all are present on the car. Hopefully this reassures others who are still waiting and wondering if these options will still make it into build. The car also came with audi beam puddle lights, which were standard spec when ordered but I believe aren’t anymore. Others have commented these come in the glovebox and need to be fitted yourself but my dealership fitted them on collection day without me having to ask.

MMI has been flawless so far, no gremlins, errors or SOS messages.

Couple of photos from collection day, needless to say it’s filthy now so will try and get some more up when it’s had a good clean!

b2845636bcd97195052980c38cf396a7.jpg

a19834741ff22bc021203aada7c973e0.jpg

dd7d274f760c42432082380b1fbb94e3.jpg

e2fb3f3914e06226b3af9286398032c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Jassyo06, helicopter_red, Mado97 and 8 others
My car entered production start of Build Week 11, not heard anything for a while and asked a question. Email back to say it's still not been released from the factory, (no VIN available yet) so it's been there for five weeks now .. is that normal?? Just seems to be taking a long time and then expect another six - eight weeks to get from there to the dealer to me! Will it ever arrive, I am getting car envy :)

My car entered production start of Build Week 11, not heard anything for a while and asked a question. Email back to say it's still not been released from the factory, (no VIN available yet) so it's been there for five weeks now .. is that normal?? Just seems to be taking a long time and then expect another six - eight weeks to get from there to the dealer to me! Will it ever arrive, I am getting car envy :)
Mmmm, mines been in production now for 6 weeks which I am sure is not normal either. I would imagine they are both waiting for chips and/or harnesses.

Yh that seems too long. My order was only in production for circa 2 weeks then I got an update saying it was on route to the port.

Had a chat with the dealer today. Insists it's been built, it's just not been "released" yet to enable it to go to the port for transport. Reading between the lines (as I couldn't get a straight answer), they won't "release" it until the cargo shipment is maxed out (so if they've only got 80 cars to put on the cargo, which expects 100, they'll release it when the other 20 are built to max it out). They did say they have delays due to semi conductors and wiring looms from Ukraine - so not new news there. So still got no real idea when mine will turn up!

My new one was build week 11 and is now in the UK as of yesterday Doesn’t seem to be any logic to it.

• Wow
I don't know if they are
My new one was build week 11 and is now in the UK as of yesterday Doesn’t seem to be any logic to it.
Really? Same Build Week as me. So I wonder why mines still sitting in the factory! Makes you wonder if I am just being lied to (again) to just shut me up and make me go away! I've just lost faith in the whole system. That just proves there's no method to the madness!

Bit of a 'No News News Update!' then that 'announcement'. Doesn't really give any details as to length of any delays!
So has production stopped then until June??
my build week's actually been moved forwards from 19 to 18 which the dealer says is 2nd of May. I dont believe all production has stopped no.

ordered a 35 tdi edition 1 in July 21 phoned the dealer in February still no build date. Contacted them again today and told still no build date but I should have the car for June. If I was getting the car in June would I not have a build date by now?

Hi guys, new to the group, ordered my a3 edition 1 35TFSI in navarra blue on 31 Sept 21

got a phone call this morning to say build week has been delayed for the 3rd time and car is expected to be built around November 2022

Is this normal for some people? Getting a bit boring waiting now

Hi guys, new to the group, ordered my a3 edition 1 35TFSI in navarra blue on 31 Sept 21

got a phone call this morning to say build week has been delayed for the 3rd time and car is expected to be built around November 2022

Unfortunately, its the norm. I order my A3 45TSFIe S-line Competition early Sept 21 and my build week has move from April 22 to Sept 22. A 14 month lead-time from order to delivery

Gonna be a busy month for Audi because they've moved a lot of builds to November myself included given a build week in November you'll not see your car till next year my order was accepted by the factory early October

Yeah man, a lot of people in a similar boat. I ordered Oct 21 and I have an unconfirmed build week of 9th of May but heard nothing so far. 3rd time of push back. It will likely be pushed back further.

Bit of a 'No News News Update!' then that 'announcement'. Doesn't really give any details as to length of any delays!
So has production stopped then until June??
I did also find this article about the ukraine situation and production stopping in April. Also says A3 isnt affected as much. Can't find anything to suggest production has been stopped till June

Called my dealer today, said car is being built today. He even gave me a VIN!
I hope they can get it home within the month

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reactions: Mado97 and tonyp03
Well my Build Week 11 has been and gone .. 7 weeks later in Week 18 it is "still not released from the factory" and the dealers told me to check in with them again in a months time?!?! REALLY? How about YOU tell ME the updates! WTF is going on. Really fed up now with the whole thing, the shine of the experience has just gone!

My build week has gone back to an unconfirmed mid May date… here’s hoping.

Checked with the Audi app and seems everything is in place. No extra specs missing including wireless charger and cockpit plus.
I did not order any interior lights or matrix headlights so can't tell whether they have any issues there, as stated by others.

Reactions: NigelG and MF DOOMER
Well my Build Week 11 has been and gone .. 7 weeks later in Week 18 it is "still not released from the factory" and the dealers told me to check in with them again in a months time?!?! REALLY? How about YOU tell ME the updates! WTF is going on. Really fed up now with the whole thing, the shine of the experience has just gone!

Just as an update, had an email this morning saying the car is now released and is at port of release (Emden). Status 38 and car should be with the dealer in a couple of weeks for delivery. So that's all sounding positive. Also got the VIN number and all looks good in the My Audi app by way of Spec. everything ordered/Standard/Optioned at time of order seems to be listed, so panic over. I can relax for a few weeks :)

Reactions: MF DOOMER, gboole and tonyp03
Just as an update, had an email this morning saying the car is now released and is at port of release (Emden). Status 38 and car should be with the dealer in a couple of weeks for delivery. So that's all sounding positive. Also got the VIN number and all looks good in the My Audi app by way of Spec. everything ordered/Standard/Optioned at time of order seems to be listed, so panic over. I can relax for a few weeks :)
I just wish there was a way to track exactly where the car is now