A3/S3 delivery lead time?

After 13 long months, dealer has confirmed that I will take delivery of my car on Tuesday. Here's hoping the wait have been worth it.
Mine was due in might have to call my dealer

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

So now it's about 14 months of wait?
I never thought my dealer would be accurate in that. He first told me I d get my car in September. Never mentioned the year though

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reactions: JustLulu
When does a build week get “locked in”? 4 week before?

Just thought I’d give a little update on this following my question in the ambient light thread. After speaking to a couple of dealers for clarity. Been told :

*Rear parking sensors are only being removed on the technik and sport models.
* There is still ambient lighting, it’s just not the coloured one.
♂️

I’ve cancelled and gone elsewhere. I can’t see here and wait potentially until the end of the year for a car that I have no idea what spec will be delivered. I’m not paying over £40,000 for a car that will not be worth a great deal in a few years because key items are missing, B&O, rear sensors, half of the interior lighting, potentially others.

Disappointing, but email sent to the salesman and sales manager over 24 hours ago, and so far no response at all, just about sums up Audi currently, custom term service is diabolical.

2008 I bought my first Audi, and both myself and my wife have had them ever since. This year my wife migrated the Mercedes who delivered a car, with full spec in 6 months. I’m off to another German brand, so my time here is limited it seems.

What a mess.

Reactions: Phelan583
I’ve cancelled and gone elsewhere. I can’t see here and wait potentially until the end of the year for a car that I have no idea what spec will be delivered. I’m not paying over £40,000 for a car that will not be worth a great deal in a few years because key items are missing, B&O, rear sensors, half of the interior lighting, potentially others.

Disappointing, but email sent to the salesman and sales manager over 24 hours ago, and so far no response at all, just about sums up Audi currently, custom term service is diabolical.

2008 I bought my first Audi, and both myself and my wife have had them ever since. This year my wife migrated the Mercedes who delivered a car, with full spec in 6 months. I’m off to another German brand, so my time here is limited it seems.

What a mess.
I took delivery of my Audi this morning after 13 month wait. Like you I thought about cancelling, however after a great deal of searching I discovered every manufacturer was in the same boat. Yes you can pick up a cancelled order, as some one will no doubt do with yours, however you will pay through the nose for the privilege and still end up with a car you probably would have bought spec wise etc. Good luck, I fully understand your reasoning etc. Audi really can't deal with issues / crisis, such as semiconductor shortages well, just look at the emission scandal etc. Their customer service is their ackillies heel!
Good luck

Reactions: Zoomer and gforrow
I've just set up the "my audi" app.
Am I correct in saying its pretty rubbish, not updating etc?

I've just set up the "my audi" app.
Am I correct in saying its pretty rubbish, not updating etc?
Although very basic the MyAudi app is quite useful, as for not updating I’ve not had a problem for months with it.

What a mess.
What car have you gone for now? I've been waiting 4 months so far and had thoughts about cancelling as well. Like you I am worried about the spec of my car as I've got £1900 worth of extra features. Currently looking at used cars but they're just overpriced and other manufacturers are probably dealing with similar issues for factory orders. May jump on a used car if a good one pops up.

What car have you gone for now? I've been waiting 4 months so far and had thoughts about cancelling as well. Like you I am worried about the spec of my car as I've got £1900 worth of extra features. Currently looking at used cars but they're just overpriced and other manufacturers are probably dealing with similar issues for factory orders. May jump on a used car if a good one pops up.
I’ve moved on to a 1 series, specifically the 128ti. Didn’t want the full on 135, so dropped to 265 horses and fwd only.

Factory is set to build the 1 series in September, so looking at a prelim delivery end Sept, so 6 months, less than the 12 Audi were estimating. Pretty much a standard build, and salesperson (lady), showed me the document from BMW detailing what they couldn’t get, very upfront with it, unlike Audi who appear to have no clue what they can actually provide. Standard spec is all available, all ambient lighting, all parking sensors etc, didn’t check the indicators, my bad. Only items they can’t supply are the parking system, which I wouldn’t use, and the Harmon Kardon sound system.

So day 3 after emailing dealership I would be cancelling and not a peep out of them, no acknowledgement, no contact, no nothing, it’s almost like they don’t care. Interestingly, when I rang the Audi dealer to speak to someone on cancelling, they asked why? I stated the spec and supply issues, and was clearly told, “but the S3 is not impacted by the supply issues, and spec will be as per the brochure”. Must think I am stupid!!

Fingers crossed my experience is better going forward.

Edit: Order confirmed for the new one, and current delivery estimate is end June, so 3 months early, and only 3 months from now. Could still move, but updates are coming from the dealer without prompting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mado97
I’ve moved on to a 1 series, specifically the 128ti. Didn’t want the full on 135, so dropped to 265 horses and fwd only.

Factory is set to build the 1 series in September, so looking at a prelim delivery end Sept, so 6 months, less than the 12 Audi were estimating. Pretty much a standard build, and salesperson (lady), showed me the document from BMW detailing what they couldn’t get, very upfront with it, unlike Audi who appear to have no clue what they can actually provide. Standard spec is all available, all ambient lighting, all parking sensors etc, didn’t check the indicators, my bad. Only items they can’t supply are the parking system, which I wouldn’t use, and the Harmon Kardon sound system.

So day 3 after emailing dealership I would be cancelling and not a peep out of them, no acknowledgement, no contact, no nothing, it’s almost like they don’t care. Interestingly, when I rang the Audi dealer to speak to someone on cancelling, they asked why? I stated the spec and supply issues, and was clearly told, “but the S3 is not impacted by the supply issues, and spec will be as per the brochure”. Must think I am stupid!!

Fingers crossed my experience is better going forward.

Edit: Order confirmed for the new one, and current delivery estimate is end June, so 3 months early, and only 3 months from now. Could still move, but updates are coming from the dealer without prompting.
Interesting. My mates been waiting since start of August for his 128, still no sign of a build date. He is thinking of cancelling. Certainly hope all goes well for you.

Reactions: gforrow
Received this from my dealer today:
Extended Ambient Interior Lighting Pack will be removed and will be replaced with Standard Interior Lighting (the cost of the optional extra will be removed)
Electrically Operated Child Lock will be removed and will be replaced with Manual Child Safety Lock
The rear parking sensors have been removed from Sport and Technik trims but cannot be removed from your model.

My build week has been pushed back from week 17 to week 36 (ordered early Sept 2021). Therefore not too concerned as this may change as build is 5 months away.

Does anyone know if the extended ambient lighting pack is just temporally removed due to components shortages or if its permanently removed?

Interesting. My mates been waiting since start of August for his 128, still no sign of a build date. He is thinking of cancelling. Certainly hope all goes well for you.
Don’t say that, lol. I have the printout from the system, maybe my dealer had a slot reserved waiting for a buyer, certainly hope so.

I felt hard done by in losing the wireless charger and no option to spec the blind spot warning, but all of these other reductions are taking the mick.
Instead of removing options, pause new orders for 3 months (not like Audi wouldn't survive). Fulfil existing orders and restore customers trust and loyalty in the brand or run the risk of losing the brand completely.

Reactions: Rads and JustLulu
Don’t say that, lol. I have the printout from the system, maybe my dealer had a slot reserved waiting for a buyer, certainly hope so.
Yes there's hoping, numerous people cancelling with various manufactures. Wish you well and hope all goes to plan.

Reactions: gforrow
Received this from my dealer today:
Extended Ambient Interior Lighting Pack will be removed and will be replaced with Standard Interior Lighting (the cost of the optional extra will be removed)
Electrically Operated Child Lock will be removed and will be replaced with Manual Child Safety Lock
The rear parking sensors have been removed from Sport and Technik trims but cannot be removed from your model.

My build week has been pushed back from week 17 to week 36 (ordered early Sept 2021). Therefore not too concerned as this may change as build is 5 months away.

Does anyone know if the extended ambient lighting pack is just temporally removed due to components shortages or if its permanently removed?
When I asked the dealer this he didn’t know but said it was unlikely to be added again this year. The interior/ambient lighting now is as per attached pic. So basically no footwell light or anything in the doors or dash :/

Attachments

• EFC04728-029B-467E-A621-37FB78959BE3.jpeg
    EFC04728-029B-467E-A621-37FB78959BE3.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 124
Contacted my company's fleet supplier today, to see if they have an estimate delivery on the A3 45 tfsi e c+s ordered last September. They estimate... this November at the earliest!
I ordered the same model in Jan, was initially given a Nov build slot and now i've been told a I won't take delivery until mid March! Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

I ll call them on April fools.
Maybe I ll get some truth after all

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I've been told my car has landed in Sheerness and is on route to the dealership..... so close! I have to confess that I originally ordered turbo blue I love the colour... but when I showed the colour to my wife she absolutely hated it.... as we car share I felt bad so I changed the order to Daytona Grey as I also love that colour.. (just wanted something that stood out) hopefully it looks good in the flesh as when I originally went into the dealer I was just focused on Turbo blue

Last edited:
Reactions: JustLulu
I've been told my car has landed in Sheerness and is on route to the dealership..... so close! I have to confess that I originally ordered turbo blue I love the colour... but when I showed the colour to my wife she absolutely hated it.... as we car share I felt bad so I changed the order to Daytona Grey as I also love that colour.. (just wanted something that stood out) hopefully it looks good in the flesh as when I originally went into the dealer I was just focused on Turbo blue
Daytona is a lovely colour - I really liked my S3 I had - Always cleans up nice - You won't be disappointed

Reactions: MF DOOMER
I best get my phone call I was told it's in the ship n I need it now I'm impatient

I did exactly the same! Went to see a turbo blue A3 in person a few months after ordering and it didn’t give me the wow factor I wanted. Changed to Daytona and absolutely love it. I’m sure you will too!

Enjoy your grey cars :grey:. You should've stuck with the Turbo blue, but I am biased :cool new:

To be fair, Daytona is a really nice colour and really suits the A3 :thumbs up:

I had a similar colour on my last car, so this time I wanted something a bit more bold. I've no regrets and it's easy to spot in car parks.

The yorkshireman and accountant in me struggled to get over the paying extra for a solid, non-metallic colour though

Reactions: MF DOOMER and JustLulu

I had a similar colour on my last car, so this time I wanted something a bit more bold. I've no regrets and it's easy to spot in car parks.

The yorkshireman and accountant in me struggled to get over the paying extra for a solid, non-metallic colour though
That's why I changed I had a steel grey colour so was between the turbo blue and the orange in another audi

No doubt it's a lovely colour

My previous car was a red SEAT Leon FR so Daytona is a change to a more 'refined' look for me

My A4 was in Daytona and its a smashing colour and one that suits the A3. Like you, I fancied a change and opted for Tango red. I was a little worried, however took delivery on Tuesday and I'm delighted with it. You will not regret Daytona. Enjoy when it arrives

I've seen so many Daytona Grey coloured Audi's and they are lovely - really look nice. I' was torn between that and Navarra Blue - and plumped for the latter as my current Volvo V40 is grey and fancied a change - I hope I love the blue and not regret not having the grey!! (already bought my new cleaning cloths, drying towels, waxes and foams lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: MF DOOMER and Maddave
You’ll have to let me know how it is. Maybe post a picture and let me know how it drives!

I got my new S3 Vorsprung today. Blown away. Only 350 day wait . Best feature: Head Up Display.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Smthy88, Maddave and 1 other person
I got my new S3 Vorsprung today. Blown away. Only 350 day wait . Best feature: Head Up Display.
I've got an S3 Vorsprung on order at the moment, but in for a long wait as only ordered in January. Did you go for the Hatchback or Saloon?

Is there anything missing off the spec?

I went for the hatchback. Nothing missing apart from wireless charging. I was worried about the reversing camera but it is there. Phew.

Reactions: Smthy88
Daytona grey is such a great colour, really defines the cars shape. Sadly i needed a white car for work as that would of been my colour of choice.