A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Yes deff over 6 months. I like others have been waiting 8 months so far.
I had a build week of last week but from what I understand it's still going to be a couple of months from build week to delivery

Really long time isn't it. Feel your pain! Never had to wait more than three months max for a new car over the last 20 odd years. This will be a new experience! Bad time to be buying a new car!

Reactions: Wheezy556
Hello and welcome :)

Your spec is the same as mine, although a different colour. I ordered on the 27th June and have an estimated build date of the 25th October. But I'm not holding out hope as they change weekly.

I think a 6 month, absolute minimum is to be expected. Audi just can't keep up with demand so it seems.
I ordered 16th June and went from 11th October to 1st November still unconfirmed.

Really long time isn't it. Feel your pain! Never had to wait more than three months max for a new car over the last 20 odd years. This will be a new experience! Bad time to be buying a new car!
Deff is. I have a friend who has had a baby in the time I've been waiting lol

• Haha
Reactions: AdamInKent and NigelG
“At this point” doesn’t sound too confident

Attachments

• 166EE301-82EF-43A8-81EC-C9DD1EB45B3D.jpeg
    166EE301-82EF-43A8-81EC-C9DD1EB45B3D.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 230
My Draft build date has slipped from week 49 to week 50.....I've officially given up hope on seeing the car this year!

• Sad
Reactions: jdon2008
Well my confirmed start build date week 36 has come and gone due to parts delays still not in production.

Still an unconfirmed 47 for me. Been stuck at that for about 6 weeks now.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I wonder if my colour choice of Turbo Blue isn't helping.... if demand is low they maybe waiting for orders to pickup before manufacturing in a batch?

I wonder if my colour choice of Turbo Blue isn't helping.... if demand is low they maybe waiting for orders to pickup before manufacturing in a batch?

cars are not made or painted in batches anymore. Modern car factories can produce models with differing trims and colours next to one another on the assembly lines. Modern painting robots have multiple spray heads allowing them to paint all the standard colours without having to be reconfigure. Exclusive colours are an exception due to their relatively low numbers.

Current delays are down to chip shortages. Modern cars are full of them and just one type not being available will impact production.

Reactions: AdamInKent, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
I'm still at unconfirmed week 43. It's getting closer, slowly!

Been following this thread for a while now. I have a 40 TFSI e on order since May. Car entered production at end of August and it seemed I might get lucky and avoid the very long delays. Not quite the case and car has now been in production for last 4 weeks. Salesman at the dealership now thinks it might be at Emden awaiting installation of a chip or 2. If so this might explain how car's appear to be moving very quickly from completing production to being on the boat; they are already at the Docks.

After ordering the other day, my (heavily) 'Estimated' Delivery is 'May 2022' .. least I can forget about it for a while and let the next eight months slip idly by lol ..

Well after being told last Monday that my car had left the factory and was on its way to the port it is still on it’s way from the factory to the port.
I asked if they were pushing it there but got no reply.
How can it take a week to travel a short distance !

After the Dealership repeatedly advising the car would be with them by the end of September but Audi online chat maintaining it has been in build since 5th July and still isn't complete I FINALLY received correspondence from the Dealership yesterday letting me know what I had already suspected:-

"I was holding for updates till I got a list of car affected from Audi UK, I'm afraid to say that your car is on the list.
Ideally you car would have been arriving this month but stock control are now showing ETA to us a November 2021, but we are monitoring it constantly – no rhyme nor reason as to the list.
We will keep you posted.

Many thanks for your understanding"

:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

After the Dealership repeatedly advising the car would be with them by the end of September but Audi online chat maintaining it has been in build since 5th July and still isn't complete I FINALLY received correspondence from the Dealership yesterday letting me know what I had already suspected:-

"I was holding for updates till I got a list of car affected from Audi UK, I'm afraid to say that your car is on the list.
Ideally you car would have been arriving this month but stock control are now showing ETA to us a November 2021, but we are monitoring it constantly – no rhyme nor reason as to the list.
We will keep you posted.

Many thanks for your understanding"

:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:
What model and extras did you order?
Not the news you want especially when you thought it was close.

What model and extras did you order?
Not the news you want especially when you thought it was close.
Audi A3 35 TFSI S Line S-Tronic [C&S] Sportback with 18" diamond cut alloys & Audi Phone Box with Wireless Charging in Navarra Blue.

I've emailed back to say if it's the Wireless Charging causing the delay to just remove it from the spec as it was just a "nice to have" and not a necessity but going from the other comments on here it might the C&S pack which I'm not willing to budge on so I'll have to wait if it's that causing the delay :unamused:

Audi A3 35 TFSI S Line S-Tronic [C&S] Sportback with 18" diamond cut alloys & Audi Phone Box with Wireless Charging in Navarra Blue.

I've emailed back to say if it's the Wireless Charging causing the delay to just remove it from the spec as it was just a "nice to have" and not a necessity but going from the other comments on here it might the C&S pack which I'm not willing to budge on so I'll have to wait if it's that causing the delay :unamused:
I ordered the 35 tfsi s tronic edition 1 c&s pack in Black. Still showing for next week build date but I really don’t think that will happen.. I just wish the could give definite answers even if they are not what we want to hear. That way at least we would know.

I ordered the 35 tfsi s tronic edition 1 c&s pack in Black. Still showing for next week build date but I really don’t think that will happen.. I just wish the could give definite answers even if they are not what we want to hear. That way at least we would know.
Even if it does go ahead next week for getting built... it might be like mine where it has been in build for 2.5 months now! The lack of communication and straight answers is very frustrating, the only reason I got the response yesterday was because I emailed asking if it was still looking on track for end of September as they had previously advised at the beginning of September. I'm always doing the chasing and enquiring but that seems to be the case across the board going by this forum!

Even if it does go ahead next week for getting built... it might be like mine where it has been in build for 2.5 months now! The lack of communication and straight answers is very frustrating, the only reason I got the response yesterday was because I emailed asking if it was still looking on track for end of September as they had previously advised at the beginning of September. I'm always doing the chasing and enquiring but that seems to be the case across the board going by this forum!

In build for 2.5 months??!!!! Ouch.

Is that stage 20?

WOW!!!
It's beggars belief for how long people have been waiting to get their cars.

Mine is on lease and will end on Jan 2023. No 2nd car in the household so no contingency.

Looks like I need to order one now to get one in Jan 23! Also lease price seems way over the top at the moment too.

WOW!!!
It's beggars belief for how long people have been waiting to get their cars.

Mine is on lease and will end on Jan 2023. No 2nd car in the household so no contingency.

Looks like I need to order one now to get one in Jan 23! Also lease price seems way over the top at the moment too.
My new car is on lease but when I ordered in January they had a great offer running. £230 month 6+35, 8k miles pa
That’s a 35tfsi dsg with C&S pack, flat bottom wheel and different alloys.
It’s now around £380 a month !
Luckily my price is locked in. That is when it decides to show up.

Reactions: DreamInCode
In build for 2.5 months??!!!! Ouch.

Is that stage 20?
I have no idea what stage it is - all they say is that it's been in build since w/c 5th July, hasn't been completed as it's missing parts and it's therefore not left the factory.

I've just had this unexpected text message from Audi....

Spoke yesterday to customer services and I was still showing as unconfirmed build week of mid October.

Do we think this is a blanket text?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-161342_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-161342_Messages.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 138

Spoke yesterday to customer services and I was still showing as unconfirmed build week of mid October.

I’ve just had the same text.

I’ve just had the same text, too. I haven’t heard back from my dealer yet as to my order status, but the fact a few of us have had this at the same time suggests it’s a blanket text, and not actually confirmation of build week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird.... I had the same options as you plus more and my build week was for the end of July, it's just arrived in the UK this week. Wonder why yours is taking so long and mine didn't....

I was straight on the phone to my dealer and my car is still showing unconfirmed :( I had my hopes up for a moment then. Looks like Audi are trying to improve communication if nothing else.

I was straight on the phone to my dealer and my car is still showing unconfirmed :( I had my hopes up for a moment then. Looks like Audi are trying to improve communication if nothing else.

Same here, and for the first time ever I had to wait in a queue for my call to be answered. I’m sure a few people had the same idea upon receipt of the message.

I’m all up for improved communication, however the date agreed for delivery when I placed my order back in March has been and gone already. Without me pestering AudiUK on Twitter every week I’d have been none the wiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Communication is horrendous with my lease company. I’ve asked them many of times for my commission number so I can go to Audi direct but they won’t give it me. Ordered my car same time as 2 other work colleagues, same spec just different colours and they been driving around in there’s for weeks now! I just don’t get it.

Lots of comments on here and not read them all. I ordered a 35TFSI Edition 1 saloon this week. Was told that the factory in Ingolstadt is actually closed at the moment until they have enough electronic modules to be able to continue. Not been given a specific date at the moment just March/April 2022. When they restart, customer orders will of course get priority over stock. Tunbridge Wells Audi would normally have around 200 stock cars at this time of year - they actually have about 25.

Reactions: NigelG
Wow. That could go some way to explain why things are taking so long! Closing a factory would tend to have that effect. Wish they’d just say that if that’s the case so people know what’s going on.

What on earth.... I've just had this text saying my order has been booked in for build....a few days ago they said my draft build date was week 50