A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Hi ... Thanks for this...

I re checked with the salesman who said:-

"

So hopefully will be OK, TBH, after thinking about it I'd rather have the right spec than the cheaper tax.. although it does make me very angry... they brought that 40K limit in in 2017, four years on and it's still at 40k... despite price rises in the cars! .... I can see it staying at 40k until such time that a poverty spec Ford Fiesta costs that! (Fiscal creep) ...
He's right the VED does come off it's just the Delivery charge, Number plates and VAT that get added to the final price (in my case it was about £710) which did push me over, however like you said I didn't want to reduce my spec to save £310 per year and then drive around for the next 2-3 years thinking I wish I'd kept the original spec

Totally agree though that price rises but no change in that limit, means cars are always getting closer - It's such a rip off anyway because you're just taxing once again - The dearer the car the more VAT you pay anyway - Total greed as per usual - It's the second owners etc in years 3-5 who often get caught out though, because you buy a 3-4 year old car say for £25,000 and suddenly find out you're still paying that high VED

Reactions: NevMan
He's right the VED does come off it's just the Delivery charge, Number plates and VAT that get added to the final price (in my case it was about £710) which did push me over, however like you said I didn't want to reduce my spec to save £310 per year and then drive around for the next 2-3 years thinking I wish I'd kept the original spec

Totally agree though that price rises but no change in that limit, means cars are always getting closer - It's such a rip off anyway because you're just taxing once again - The dearer the car the more VAT you pay anyway - Total greed as per usual - It's the second owners etc in years 3-5 who often get caught out though, because you buy a 3-4 year old car say for £25,000 and suddenly find out you're still paying that high VED
Yes.. it's a killer tax. Especially when you consider the VAT they already get, the initial MASSIVE VED payment on the new car... and then all the extra tax they'll make from the low MPG performance motoring. It's like the motor industry managed to out smart the Govt by making high performance luxury models that were so low on CO2 that they got into the low tax brakets.... so they added it on to ensure they got their money anyway... Infuriating! .. It's a proper envy wealth tax....

I am told that there is a 1.5% price hike coming for all new Audi's soon... so getting the order in now is good to save that...

Reactions: Sparks43
Yes.. it's a killer tax. Especially when you consider the VAT they already get, the initial MASSIVE VED payment on the new car... and then all the extra tax they'll make from the low MPG performance motoring. It's like the motor industry managed to out smart the Govt by making high performance luxury models that were so low on CO2 that they got into the low tax brakets.... so they added it on to ensure they got their money anyway... Infuriating! .. It's a proper envy wealth tax....

I am told that there is a 1.5% price hike coming for all new Audi's soon... so getting the order in now is good to save that...
The VED is calculated at time of registering the car, and not at time of ordering (according to the DVLA). I am appealing this as when I ordered the car, the list OTR price (minus the first year road tax) was under, but now over. Luckily the dealer will be paying the additional rate as I confirmed on numerous occasions that the car would fall under the 40K mark.

The VED is calculated at time of registering the car, and not at time of ordering (according to the DVLA). I am appealing this as when I ordered the car, the list OTR price (minus the first year road tax) was under, but now over. Luckily the dealer will be paying the additional rate as I confirmed on numerous occasions that the car would fall under the 40K mark.
The VED is calculated at time of registering the car, and not at time of ordering (according to the DVLA) - Well that would make sense and has always been that way - They tend to increase in April though so that generally March New Cars miss it, but obviously with the delays for cars this maybe not the case

However if the car price increases, and Audi usually hold the order price that's not how the DVLA work, which I assume is what has happened with you because VED only went up about £5-£10 - Like I've said you remove the first years VED (Which is higher then the general VED anyway), but you do still have to allow the delivery charge, Reg Plates and VAT in the OTR

It's good that your dealer is paying, especially as the terms and conditions state that if the price goes up you'll have to pay the higher price

Ordered 28/01/21
Ready to Import to UK 18/03/21
At UK port 19/04/21
Arrived at dealer 03/05/21

Delivered to me 06/08/21

3 month delivery delay due to being a company car and lease deal doesn't expire until then.

Ordered

A3 Sportback 40 TFSI e
Ibis White
S Line
S&C pack
17in Wheels (7% BiK)

Last edited:
Contacted Audi directly for an update as my A3 has apparently been in build since w/c 5th July... they have been saying since yesterday that their system is down but only after asking for order number, etc... starting to feel like this isn't going to go too well now :disappointed:

Reactions: Duncs and Hassaan_1
Contacted Audi directly for an update as my A3 has apparently been in build since w/c 5th July... they have been saying since yesterday that their system is down but only after asking for order number, etc... starting to feel like this isn't going to go too well now :disappointed:
Exactly same as my order, I placed my order in the beginning of February 2021 and it's becoming beyond a joke now with the communication and updates. Similarly to yourself my order went into build w/c 5 July.

Reactions: Duncs and jdon2008
I very much doubt I'll be seeing my car this year.... my original build week was 35..

Exactly same as my order, I placed my order in the beginning of February 2021 and it's becoming beyond a joke now with the communication and updates. Similarly to yourself my order went into build w/c 5 July.
Have they told you their system is down too? It may very well be but I'm a bit sceptical and thinking they are having a 'mare and don't want to give any information out...

Have they told you their system is down too? It may very well be but I'm a bit sceptical and thinking they are having a 'mare and don't want to give any information out...
Yh just spoke to Audi UK. I have just been told that my vehical has been delayed from being built for 3 weeks and to contact them again next week for an update. They also stated that they were unable to provide me details as to why the delay has occurred.

Yep Audi FB told me yesterday the system was being updated and to contact them today... Waiting for a reply

Yep Audi FB told me yesterday the system was being updated and to contact them today... Waiting for a reply
Just been advised that the system is still down and they are hopeful it will be back up and running this week at some point... :nomouth:

What do you need to check on builds with Audi on Facebook?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

My car went into production w/c 28th June (ordered 07/05/21) and, officially, it's still in production. More likely is that it's in a warehouse in southern Germany somewhere awaiting chips. The good news on that front is that the chip shortage for the automotive industry is now easing according to companies like Ford, VW, Hyundai and Honda. Industry analysts agree. The chip shortage is about to impact the smartphone sector next. I can cope with that.

Me too - ordered 12th Feb, ended up having BW27 confirmed (W/C 5th July) - now no updates whatsoever... Currently in BW30 thinking where the hell is it!!

Maybe a trip to the factory and have a look.. oh hang on.. ****** Covid..

Reactions: Hassaan_1
My car went into production w/c 28th June (ordered 07/05/21) and, officially, it's still in production. More likely is that it's in a warehouse in southern Germany somewhere awaiting chips. The good news on that front is that the chip shortage for the automotive industry is now easing according to companies like Ford, VW, Hyundai and Honda. Industry analysts agree. The chip shortage is about to impact the smartphone sector next. I can cope with that.
We have the same build week, similar spec and I just got notice my car is in transit. Might be worth checking yours today?

Reactions: jdon2008
We have the same build week, similar spec and I just got notice my car is in transit. Might be worth checking yours today?
I've just contacted them and they said their system still isn't working :disappointed:

I've just contacted them and they said their system still isn't working :disappointed:
I asked them around lunch time today and they managed to tell me car has now left factory and on way to port of exit. They told me yesterday system was down also, but must have been fine today.

Reactions: jdon2008
I know there’s the problem with shortages of chips but does anyone know what component/s on the A3/S3 it is effecting. MMI, ECU etc.

I know there’s the problem with shortages of chips but does anyone know what component/s on the A3/S3 it is effecting. MMI, ECU etc.
Just about everything, I have just learnt that the S3 Vorsprung (or could be all Vorsprung models) are only going to come with one key and a spare given sometime later.

I just got around to checking the status you suggested. Same as you, in transit. Happy days.

Reactions: Nick James, Maddave and Spenk
Just checked with Audi and my build weeks been brought forward 1 week to week 46. Albeit still provisional

Just checked with Audi and my build weeks been brought forward 1 week to week 46. Albeit still provisional
I checked with them late afternoon today and mines been provisionally brought forward from week 49 to week 41. Just needs to be brought forward again now.

So disappointing...order has been pushed back from week 43 to week 7 of 2022!!!! I just don't understand the logic.... why has mt order been pushed back by over 2 months??? I'm sure my extras aren't an issue...it's only a 150 TFSI S Line turbo blue with diamond cut alloys, flat bottom steering wheel and ambient lighting..... this really is killing me

• Wow
Reactions: Maddave
So disappointing...order has been pushed back from week 43 to week 7 of 2022!!!! I just don't understand the logic.... why has mt order been pushed back by over 2 months??? I'm sure my extras aren't an issue...it's only a 150 TFSI S Line turbo blue with diamond cut alloys, flat bottom steering wheel and ambient lighting..... this really is killing me
When was it you ordered yours?

This is a very similar order as mine, except I didn't have the flat bottom steering wheel and opted for comfort and sound. I ordered end of June and currently at week 46.

Last edited:
Very, Very close to throwing in the towel.... the potential saving grace is that the dealership apparantly made an identical order to mine for a stock car and it's due to be built on week 46.... they're looking into transferring the order to me.....but honestly I'm getting fed up with this. Other manufactures can't be in this much of a state?????

Pushed back again. Week 46 now. Ordered on the 9th of April. What does NBSP mean? Audi UK quoted it on their message along with the build week.

When delivered, car arrived with 41psi pressure on all 4 tyres :boom:. Probably due to it being on trailer when it crossed the channel. I lowered them to 36psi recommended

Pushed back again. Week 46 now. Ordered on the 9th of April. What does NBSP mean? Audi UK quoted it on their message along with the build week.

I ordered 16th April, originally told build week 36, last week informed week 46! No idea if they have any idea!!

I ordered 16th April, originally told build week 36, last week informed week 46! No idea if they have any idea!!
Mine was ordered middle of March had a build slot- week 36 for two days, now showing at Factory awaiting cofirmation. A good friend ordered his BMW 135 9 weeks ago , picks it up next week. Think I will cancel and buy from BMW, at least they keep their customers updated.

Reactions: NevMan