A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I wonder if they mean it takes roughly 4 weeks to arrive in the UK then? It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I wonder if they mean it takes roughly 4 weeks to arrive in the UK then? It's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Probably. They said that, once it's complete, it's 4-6 weeks from factory to the dealer. That ties in with what happened on my last Audi order. It also matches my neighbour's experience who took delivery of his A3 in May (ordered in January).

I ordered mine in March as I said I the thread above. Production date was supposed to be at last week of May.
Until last week it was shown as being in production so I reckon it was three weeks being made or they didn't start it when it was scheduled to do so.

Been told this week its on the boat.

This is what I was told by Audi back in May which might help

Currently, your vehicle order stands at build week 22, which commenced on the 1st June, 2021. We're awaiting further updates by our Factory and we're able to provide you with approximate timescales only. It takes around 10 working days to build an Audi. Once your vehicle has been built, usually, it takes approximately 2-3 days to transport a car from our Factory to the port of exit in Emden, Germany. From the time your vehicle enters the compound at the UK port, it can take approximately 15 working days for the transport order to be raised and your car shipped to the UK. Once in the UK port, it can take around two weeks for a transport order to be issued and your car delivered to your Audi Centre. From that point, your preferred Audi Centre will carry out the last vehicle checks and should be able to provide you with more details regarding the vehicle handover. Please, feel free to stop by any time later on and we will be more than happy to check the updates for you?

This is what I was told by Audi back in May which might help

Currently, your vehicle order stands at build week 22, which commenced on the 1st June, 2021. We're awaiting further updates by our Factory and we're able to provide you with approximate timescales only. It takes around 10 working days to build an Audi. Once your vehicle has been built, usually, it takes approximately 2-3 days to transport a car from our Factory to the port of exit in Emden, Germany. From the time your vehicle enters the compound at the UK port, it can take approximately 15 working days for the transport order to be raised and your car shipped to the UK. Once in the UK port, it can take around two weeks for a transport order to be issued and your car delivered to your Audi Centre. From that point, your preferred Audi Centre will carry out the last vehicle checks and should be able to provide you with more details regarding the vehicle handover. Please, feel free to stop by any time later on and we will be more than happy to check the updates for you?
Doesn't take 10 days - The actual build of the car is done same day - Prep to the bodywork etc is done over the week - I've previously seen a video of the factory and it's a massive production line, with each person having 1 job to do - Delays at the moment are with the factory/shipping and the same at this end

Well that's us into July and my order still hasn't been acknowledged by the factory, let alone given an estimated build date since March. Has anyone been given any positive news recently about their order?

Well that's us into July and my order still hasn't been acknowledged by the factory, let alone given an estimated build date since March. Has anyone been given any positive news recently about their order?
There’s people on here that ordered in Feb/March and have taken delivery or got build slots for this month. Depends on the spec level you chose I guess.

Reactions: NevMan
Well that's us into July and my order still hasn't been acknowledged by the factory, let alone given an estimated build date since March. Has anyone been given any positive news recently about
The last response I got

Thank you for your return email regarding your vehicle order.

From week 29 I cannot advise on what build week you will be given, you can contact Audi UK after week 29 to see if there is any information we can provide you.

Once again I am sorry that I am unable to assist further on this occasion.

Got an email yesterday from my dealer saying mine was on the boat an it’s way over. Ordered end of January.

Reactions: auzzam_crd, NevMan, Rads and 1 other person
so p*issed off... the latest update via Twitter is that my draft build date has gone from week 37 to week 44. Really disappointing

so p*issed off... the latest update via Twitter is that my draft build date has gone from week 37 to week 44. Really disappointing
I Can really understand and appreciate how you feel. I'm now trying to find stock vehicles, either Mercedes or BMW and if I do it's goodbye Audi.

I Can really understand and appreciate how you feel. I'm now trying to find stock vehicles, either Mercedes or BMW and if I do it's goodbye Audi I fon

I Can really understand and appreciate how you feel. I'm now trying to find stock vehicles, either Mercedes or BMW and if I do it's goodbye Audi.
I don't blame you....I'm.not sure what to do....I might see if I can get some money off due to the ridiculous waiting time.... but with demand being so high I doubt I'll get anywhere

Reactions: Rads
Got an email yesterday from my dealer saying mine was on the boat an it’s way over. Ordered end of January.
Same here - on boat and way to the UK - ordered in March.

Reactions: NevMan, Maddave and Nick James
Got notification from Audi that my A3 went into production today - only ordered mid/end of May so looking at the comments feel very lucky!

Reactions: MF DOOMER, Maddave and Nick James
Got notification from Audi that my A3 went into production today - only ordered mid/end of May so looking at the comments feel very lucky!
Yip, your very luck. Perhaps your dealership had an existing slot that they managed to alter any spec. In any case good to hear things are progressing. Enjoy when it comes.

Reactions: jdon2008
Yip, your very luck. Perhaps your dealership had an existing slot that they managed to alter any spec. In any case good to hear things are progressing. Enjoy when it comes.
Mine was the same. Ordered early May, went into production two weeks ago. Audi seem to be getting their act together, for some of us at least.

Reactions: Maddave and jdon2008
Ordered mine in February and i’m told by my leasing company that the dealer expects to receive it on week 31 (early August) however Audi on Twitter say that the car has an unconfirmed build week of week 34. I want to believe my leasing company...

sooo je
What the....... how?!?!?!?!?

Reactions: Wheezy556 and jdon2008
im so close to ringing the Audi dealership and letting rip......

Looks like we’re all struggling here. Ordered mine 1st March. The DEALER called ME in May to say expect delivery in June (I wasn’t chasing him at that point) … I called in June, said and they said it hasn’t been built yet?

He then said on system it’s down as build week 25… again waited till last week… surprise surprise, it’s been pushed back to week 29. However by the sounds of it, Audi have moved all outstanding orders to week 29, and will reschedule again on the week.

Tbf he said Audi are messing the dealers about and they’re just as out of the loop as we are. I ordered an Edition 1 S tronic sportback. 35TDI. No extras. He was saying it was to do with the delay in data chips as some have previously mentioned… in 2 minds as whether to cancel the order, or to hold, as I’ve hung on this long already

Not with Audi, but with Seat (where they gave me the name of the ship it was on so I could track it). It took around 10 days from the day I saw on the tracking it was dropped off at Sheerness Port Kent, to when they could arrange the earliest delivery/pick up. This was of course all before this Brexit hold ups at Port. The annoying part was the ship went from Barcelona, sailed past anywhere in the UK, dropped of some cars (perhaps Audi Q3s) in Germany, before returning to UK, possibly with more German cars from the German city it stopped at and docked at Kent.

Looks like we’re all struggling here. Ordered mine 1st March. The DEALER called ME in May to say expect delivery in June (I wasn’t chasing him at that point) … I called in June, said and they said it hasn’t been built yet?

He then said on system it’s down as build week 25… again waited till last week… surprise surprise, it’s been pushed back to week 29. However by the sounds of it, Audi have moved all outstanding orders to week 29, and will reschedule again on the week.

Tbf he said Audi are messing the dealers about and they’re just as out of the loop as we are. I ordered an Edition 1 S tronic sportback. 35TDI. No extras. He was saying it was to do with the delay in data chips as some have previously mentioned… in 2 minds as whether to cancel the order, or to hold, as I’ve hung on this long already
I've ordered the exact same model as you in Feb so will be interested to see when we get a date.
I'm going to email them again after week 29 and see what they say

So, after my friends at Audi telling me that my car went into production during week 25 (and me boasting about it on here), today's update is that it didn't. Week 29 is the anticipated slot now. I'm clinging to the fact that there's still a build week. I know there are others on here who haven't even got that yet.

• Sad
So, after my friends at Audi telling me that my car went into production during week 25 (and me boasting about it on here), today's update is that it didn't. Week 29 is the anticipated slot now. I'm clinging to the fact that there's still a build week. I know there are others on here who haven't even got that yet.
I messaged to double check today as I suddenly had a feeling the story might have changed but they are maintaining mine has went into production this week... keeping everything crossed it doesn't change

Reactions: DissentingWorm
Really poor show from Audi. Whilst I appreciate the chip / covid issue, surely a company like Audi could be much smarter and not disappoint customers like that.

Mines just stuck in limbo now too from B/W 26. Dealer has said to me its related to a "shortage of parts for the comfort and sound pack" and has no idea how long its going to be like this.

Just out of curiosity with loads of us still waiting for our cars , whats the longest people have been waiting.
Ordered mine on the 17th Feb last info was a build date of the 19th July but I'm not confident of that any more.

Turbo Blue S3 Vorsprung

Just out of curiosity with loads of us still waiting for our cars , whats the longest people have been waiting.
Ordered mine on the 17th Feb last info was a build date of the 19th July but I'm not confident of that any more.

Turbo Blue S3 Vorsprung
waiting for A3 TFSI 35 S Line in Turbo Blue.... ordered on the 01/05/21... last build date given was 01/11/21

Ordered 25th of March, last update was expected build date of 15th November

S3 Saloon C+S, pan roof, ambient lighting, wireless charging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines just stuck in limbo now too from B/W 26. Dealer has said to me its related to a "shortage of parts for the comfort and sound pack" and has no idea how long its going to be like this.
Mine has C&S Pack and has went into build this week apparently...

Mine has C&S Pack and has went into build this week apparently...
Audi UK on Facebook have said they now expect the car to take three weeks to build - it's been two so far. I really don't believe this though but I'll certainly update as soon as I hear anything.

Ordered 5th March 21 - A3 Saloon TFSI 35 Edition 1 + C&S Pack in Daytona. Last unconfirmed build date was 18th July, although based on the comments on here expecting that to slip.

Ordered 26th April
A3 35 TFSI manual ,1 edition daytona grey, panoramic roof ,C & S ,powered tailgate , advanced key and storage pack.

Ordered A3 Vorsprung saloon with storage pack and Daytona Grey on 16th April. Have literally no idea, no updates, no information from the dealer but I’m not surprised it must be built in to their psyche as I’ve bought 4 previous BMW’s and ended up chasing every single one. Sales training school must have a module on ignoring clients

Reactions: auzzam_crd
A3 Sportback 35 TFSI S Line auto (no options) ordered July 2020 - Delivered October 2020. 3.5 month wait
A3 Saloon 35 TFSI S Line auto (C&S, diamond cut alloys & extended ambient lighting pack) ordered 28th Jan 2021 - Arrived at dealer 25th June. Delivery scheduled on 14th July. 5 month wait