A3/S3 delivery lead time?

i walked past a 70 plate Audi A1 S Line in Turbo Blue today... first time I've seen the colour in person since my A3 test drive which was circa 2 months ago..... it looked great!!! granted the colour was on a A1 not an A3 but it's calmed my nerves on my colour choice

it's amazing how the colour can differ in appearance when viewing a photo as opposed to seeing it in person

the colour doesn't half make the car stand out... it was parked amongst many other cars... you couldn't miss it.

The Mythos black looks aggressive but its not a color, it`s a hobby!!...... best thing I did was give the car a really good clean then coated the car with meguiar G18211 wax, this gave the car a nice finish and offer some protection from seagull`s S*&t.
The turbo blue was an option, but to be honest I had started to see this color on some other cars and it started to look common, albiet not the same blue, but close!
If you have the black style pack then on the turbo blue it probably looks the most striking out of all the range, it looks good on the yellow also, but who wants yellow!

The Black just never gets dated, but as I said before its a nitemare to keep clean.....talking of cleaning, wtf did Audi make the 19" alloys so difficult to clean!...I was not a fan of them when I purchased the car, and after cleaning them I am even less impressed in there design....a simple merc spoke design would have made life easier.

I ordered an S3 saloon C+S pack mid-March. Was originally quoted build week commencing 19th July, this was brought forward to mid-May before being extended again to week commencing 7th June (today). Just got an update from AudiUK this morning to advise I now have no build week confirmed whatsoever. I don’t think Audi are even close to rectifying production issues and shortages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might have to wait a short time, but as soon as it`s in your hands you will have it for a long time thereafter...... it is worth the wait.

Reactions: LesleyG
For info the sound system now changing to Sonus and pan roof not available on standard s3 only Vorsprung cause of chip shortages

For info the sound system now changing to Sonus and pan roof not available on standard s3 only Vorsprung cause of chip shortages
Certainly know Sonos will be fitted to the e-tron. Surely it will take months of development for both company to get this in place for different models.

Certainly know Sonos will be fitted to the e-tron. Surely it will take months of development for both company to get this in place for different models.
What my local dealer said today maybe someone else could confirm

Reactions: Rads
Does anybody else have a build week approaching this month? Mines still holding firm for build week 25 but getting a little anxious in case it's pushed back a lot as I need to sell my car in time for my new one!

Also just wondering if anybody has any advice as to whether its worth asking for any potential freebies when the car does arrive and I go to collect? I did negotiate a VERY good price (I think) and probably ate all of my leverage right there.

Does anybody else have a build week approaching this month? Mines still holding firm for build week 25 but getting a little anxious in case it's pushed back a lot as I need to sell my car in time for my new one!

Also just wondering if anybody has any advice as to whether its worth asking for any potential freebies when the car does arrive and I go to collect? I did negotiate a VERY good price (I think) and probably ate all of my leverage right there.

Yeh mate I had build week commencing 7th June up until as recently as 25th of May (the last time I had messaged AudiUK for an update). Messaged them again on 7th of June and they’re now not quoting a build week at all. Awaiting being assigned a build week apparently.

Yeh mate I had build week commencing 7th June up until as recently as 25th of May (the last time I had messaged AudiUK for an update). Messaged them again on 7th of June and they’re now not quoting a build week at all. Awaiting being assigned a build week apparently.

That's a bit nerve wrecking, hopefully it means yours is due to be built imminently and is just floating with no eta until you have it confirmed soon?

That's a bit nerve wrecking, hopefully it means yours is due to be built imminently and is just floating with no eta until you have it confirmed soon?

Here’s hoping! I’ve ordered pan roof though, so with that being removed from the options list recently it could be what’s holding it up.

Most annoying thing i am finding wait so long they cant give a px price against anything could give very poor price when time comes cause still be commited to buying the car its a win situation for a dealer if px

Most annoying thing i am finding wait so long they cant give a px price against anything could give very poor price when time comes cause still be commited to buying the car its a win situation for a dealer if px
I placed an order for an A3 Vorsprung saloon on 16th April with no expectation for delivery before October and dealer fixed and guaranteed PX price there and then and it’s contained on my invoice. Incidentally the price guaranteed I would’ve taken in April/May

I placed an order for an A3 Vorsprung saloon on 16th April with no expectation for delivery before October and dealer fixed and guaranteed PX price there and then and it’s contained on my invoice. Incidentally the price guaranteed I would’ve taken in April/May
Cheers for the info i try another dealer then

So I just got the news my car is confirmed for build week commending June 28th! It was ETA for September 15th when I ordered and got brought forward straight away to end of June. This build week ETA seems to have stuck.

I spoke to my dealer and they said the issue with the delayed orders is that its some of the specific additions to the car and which engine you have specced. Examples he gave were panoramic roof and upgraded alloys on edition 1. He said they can change the spec to bring the date forward if people wanted.

So I just got the news my car is confirmed for build week commending June 28th! It was ETA for September 15th when I ordered and got brought forward straight away to end of June. This build week ETA seems to have stuck.

I spoke to my dealer and they said the issue with the delayed orders is that its some of the specific additions to the car and which engine you have specced. Examples he gave were panoramic roof and upgraded alloys on edition 1. He said they can change the spec to bring the date forward if people wanted.
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I'm waiting for an edition1 and whilst I understand the microchip issues etc, I'm lost as to why wheels would be a reason for delay etc. Anyway not much option but to wait as I don't want to lose my deposit.

my dealer said if I decided to cancel due to the long wait I'll get my deposit back..

Reactions: auzzam_crd and Rads
I don't see how they can keep hold of it in that scenario... they've incurred no costs

Reactions: auzzam_crd
I contacted Audi online a few days ago for an update and now it seems they don't want to even answer messages

I contacted Audi online a few days ago for an update and now it seems they don't want to even answer messages
Was that through twitter or Facebook messenger ? I get an update via the twitter method but it can sometimes take a few hours to get a reply. Update on mine it's at the port of exit and was released to shipping on the 10th June

Was that through twitter or Facebook messenger ? I get an update via the twitter method but it can sometimes take a few hours to get a reply. Update on mine it's at the port of exit and was released to shipping on the 10th June
I tried both and last time they literally told me to contact the dealer which I did. Dealer said no update so thought I'd try again to see if there was any further news.

Glad yours has been released I bet you are so excited :)

I tried both and last time they literally told me to contact the dealer which I did. Dealer said no update so thought I'd try again to see if there was any further news.

Glad yours has been released I bet you are so excited :)
Not once have I had Audi Uk asking me to speak to the dealer, all they asked for was the order number which I happen to have. TBH the updates from the dealer is non-existent, my car was originally set for build week 20 but i found out from Audi UK that it was build week 21 but my dealer never told me. On top of that they thought i should of had the car at the end of may beg june ( i know covid and chip shortages are to blame but it would be nice to be kept informed).

Looking forward to it, getting rid of the family car for this one (and no need for diesel either). Spec wise i went with Double spoke alloys, extended ambient light pack, C&S, audi phone box and advanced key. Needed to keep it below the additional road tax bracket.

Shocking, why can't they just reply and be honest anf frank re situation, that's all anyone wants surely.

Reactions: Wheezy556
Not once have I had Audi Uk asking me to speak to the dealer, all they asked for was the order number which I happen to have. TBH the updates from the dealer is non-existent, my car was originally set for build week 20 but i found out from Audi UK that it was build week 21 but my dealer never told me. On top of that they thought i should of had the car at the end of may beg june ( i know covid and chip shortages are to blame but it would be nice to be kept informed).

Looking forward to it, getting rid of the family car for this one (and no need for diesel either). Spec wise i went with Double spoke alloys, extended ambient light pack, C&S, audi phone box and advanced key. Needed to keep it below the additional road tax bracket.
I too was surprised at the response I got. Originally I was told build date in the 40s (ordered 2nd feb)
I was told twitter was the best place to enquire and was told by Audi to contact the dealer. Dealer said no update so I'm kind of stuck as to what is happening. Even if it was a predicted build date I'd be happy with some info.
I currently have a Q2 and going back to an A3. It will be great when I get it I'm sure.

Progress! I have received a tweet from Audi saying my car is build and currently at the port of Emden. I had a delivery date of the end of May, beginning of June, so now I would think pick up at the dealers around mid July?

Reactions: twiggytheninja and Maddave
Progress! I have received a tweet from Audi saying my car is build and currently at the port of Emden. I had a delivery date of the end of May, beginning of June, so now I would think pick up at the dealers around mid July?
What did they actually say, i got an update on Monday (twitter) saying the car has been transported to the port of exit and was released to shipping on the 10th June. i was also told end of May beg June, and the car was built on week 21. Just curious if mine will be around the same timeframe.

What did they actually say, i got an update on Monday (twitter) saying the car has been transported to the port of exit and was released to shipping on the 10th June. i was also told end of May beg June, and the car was built on week 21. Just curious if mine will be around the same timeframe.
Normally, it's 4 to 6 weeks from factory to the dealer if that helps.

Not 100% sure exactly what was said as it was my wife’s Twitter account but basically what I said but no shipping date just it could be up to 15 days before it leaves port.

I tweeted them and this is their response

Unfortunately we are not able to assess this issue from a remote perspective. For further assistance please contact your local Audi dealer. Alternatively you can use our contact options via

:(

My build week keeps changing. Car was ordered early May with an estimated delivery of September. Two weeks after that I was given build week 42 (18 October). Two weeks after that it changed to build week 29 (18 July). Last week it changed again to build week 26 (28 June). Nothing confirmed though so, who knows? Still, the changes are going in the right direction. For now at least...

My build week keeps changing. Car was ordered early May with an estimated delivery of September. Two weeks after that I was given build week 42 (18 October). Two weeks after that it changed to build week 29 (18 July). Last week it changed again to build week 26 (28 June). Nothing confirmed though so, who knows? Still, the changes are going in the right direction. For now at least...
You are fortunate. I ordered mine early March and still not been allocated an estimated build week. My daughter was meant to take delivery of her A3 in May and again still awaits a build date. Delighted for folk who have build / delivery dates in these uncertain times and wish you happy motoring.

You are fortunate. I ordered mine early March and still not been allocated an estimated build week. My daughter was meant to take delivery of her A3 in May and again still awaits a build date. Delighted for folk who have build / delivery dates in these uncertain times and wish you happy motoring.
Yes, I know. I hope I didn't come across as (too) smug. That wasn't my intention. I was trying to highlight the seeming randomness of it all.

I ordered an Edition 1 last week and was told October / November delivery. Not got a build week currently but hopefully that’ll come soon.

interesting...I ordered mine the same time as you but my build dates have been week 46/35/42/36/37.... very random.. I don't believe my extras are on the list that causes delays

Who knows what's going on, just had an email from the dealer saying my car is in the UK. Fingers crossed i can take delivery of it very soon.