A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Mine's gone the other way. Ordered earlier this month and initially given build week 42 (18 Oct). I got an update yesterday which said it's now build week 29 (mid July).
Can I ask what you ordered. I went for 35tfsi stronic with sound and comfort pack in Tago red but can't even get an estimated build date, ordered 3 months ago.

Can I ask what you ordered. I went for 35tfsi stronic with sound and comfort pack in Tago red but can't even get an estimated build date, ordered 3 months ago.
A3 35TFSI, S&C pack, lumbar support, turbo blue, S-Tronic. Are you asking your dealer or Audi Customer Services for the update? The former can be useless, the latter will reply within a couple of days.

A3 35TFSI, S&C pack, lumbar support, turbo blue, S-Tronic. Are you asking your dealer or Audi Customer Services for the update? The former can be useless, the latter will reply within a couple of days.
Thanks, yes I've tried both dealer and Audi customer services- stock answer is, awaiting allocation of build week. Pretty useless really.
Good luck with yours.

Thanks, yes I've tried both dealer and Audi customer services- stock answer is, awaiting allocation of build week. Pretty useless really.
Good luck with yours.
That is useless. The only thing I can think of that might be delaying it is the colour. Are they waiting until they've enough orders for Tango Red to make it worth their while?

That is useless. The only thing I can think of that might be delaying it is the colour. Are they waiting until they've enough orders for Tango Red to make it worth their while?
Yeah, could very well be. I thought long and hard over the colour. For me it looks great with the black pack of the edition1. I suppose the spec on edition1 could also be holding things up.

I too can't get any info what so ever. Not even a status or predicted build week.
Literally sat here twiddling my thumbs wondering if I'll get It this year even.
Will be cancelling end of june if nothing is confirmed

I was in my nearest dealership about a week ago looking at placing an order.
They did a mock order and it was giving a build week of Jan next year.

Reactions: auzzam_crd
I was in my nearest dealership about a week ago looking at placing an order.
They did a mock order and it was giving a build week of Jan next year.
Thats is a shocking time to wait. I was in my local dealership and was offered a cracking deal on an in stock A5 sportback sline comfort and sound, almost cancelled the A3 till I learned the A5 was £495 a year for road tax- no thanks giving the state of the roads in scotland . Will just need to sit and wait, however if I don't get an estimated build date by late June , its cancelled.

Reactions: Brian Leslie
My son left a managerial position at BMW he was there for 5 years....prior to this he was with Audi Glasgow for 6 years as l said he left BMW in April to go back to Audi Glasgow as a senior sales manager it's not working out for him there as Audi are in a mess with incoming stock new/used.....he's now going back to BMW....ergo

Thats is a shocking time to wait. I was in my local dealership and was offered a cracking deal on an in stock A5 sportback sline comfort and sound, almost cancelled the A3 till I learned the A5 was £495 a year for road tax- no thanks giving the state of the roads in scotland . Will just need to sit and wait, however if I don't get an estimated build date by late June , its cancelled.
I’ve been offered a new A3 saloon S-Line TFSI DSG with Comfort +Sound pack which they have due in so looking like I’m going for that rather than wait.

I’ve been offered a new A3 saloon S-Line TFSI DSG with Comfort +Sound pack which they have due in so looking like I’m going for that rather than wait.
Yip, can't blame you, I would too

My son left a managerial position at BMW he was there for 5 years....prior to this he was with Audi Glasgow for 6 years as l said he left BMW in April to go back to Audi Glasgow as a senior sales manager it's not working out for him there as Audi are in a mess with incoming stock new/used.....he's now going back to BMW....ergo
this doesn't sound good...I'm sure the build date fiasco is leading to lot of customers to cancel orders.... must be a nightmare for the sales staff.. they think they've secured a sale only to have the sale cancelled.

latest Audi update via Twitter is build week 36 (06/09/21) much better....but I don't understand how it can go from week 46 to 36 in the matter of a week...weird

I've literally just tweeted them and they gave me no info what so ever just to contact the dealer! Why can't I get an answer from no one :(

Comfort and Sound Pack, Pano roofs and S-Tronic (now resolved) are causing the delays apparently + a couple of wheel options as well

My original eta for build week upon order was last week in August and was instantly brought forward to build week commencing June 21st.

My car has been stuck at the same June build week for the last two months (ordered late March) and dealer has told me they "expect it to stick" with it being so close now.

I have the C&S pack and diamond cut alloys, which seemingly hasn't caused a push back?

My original eta for build week upon order was last week in August and was instantly brought forward to build week commencing June 21st.

My car has been stuck at the same June build week for the last two months (ordered late March) and dealer has told me they "expect it to stick" with it being so close now.

I have the C&S pack and diamond cut alloys, which seemingly hasn't caused a push back?
What have you ordered spec wise ?

Mine was ordered mid March and no one can give me an estimated build week. Ordered 35tfsi edition 1 , stronic. I would be happy just to get an estimated build week. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to when folk get build dates. Have heard the factory is back on reduced hours due to semi conductor shortage etc

Mine was ordered mid March and no one can give me an estimated build week. Ordered 35tfsi edition 1 , stronic. I would be happy just to get an estimated build week. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to when folk get build dates. Have heard the factory is back on reduced hours due to semi conductor shortage etc
Looks like we are both in the same boat. I can't get any info and people seem to be getting build dates before me who have ordered months after me

Looks like we are both in the same boat. I can't get any info and people seem to be getting build dates before me who have ordered months after me
I'm beginning to think it's just your luck. Don't know if dealer allocation has anything to do with it. I'm giving it till the end of the month and if no update my order will, unfortunately, be cancelled.

I'm beginning to think it's just your luck. Don't know if dealer allocation has anything to do with it. I'm giving it till the end of the month and if no update my order will, unfortunately, be cancelled.
I think you are right with the semiconductor issue.
I've just read that Audi are furloughing staff again over June due to the shortage of chips.
Maybe that's why they are being incredibly vague about build weeks.
It looks like it is an issue with many car manufacturers

I think you are right with the semiconductor issue.
I've just read that Audi are furloughing staff again over June due to the shortage of chips.
Maybe that's why they are being incredibly vague about build weeks.
It looks like it is an issue with many car manufacturers
I am waiting for a call from my dealer today about the situation. I have only been in contact via email in the last couple of weeks and they are saying the last they heard was that the car is built and going through its safety checks. Audi UK are saying via Twitter that the confirmed build date is week 18. After a couple of tweets they always stay the same. I have told my dealer that I want an honest answer as to the status of the car. If it is delayed then tell me that but be honest. That’s all anyone wants. I work for a tier 1 automotive supplier so I know about the delays due to the semiconductor shortage etc. I myself are still going though furlough days because of it! I also know about the way a car is assembled and the way parts come together at the plants so know about just in time/lean manufacturing. Manufacturers know where every part is coming from and due to site (I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt with the semiconductor delays) so my point is, there is no way they cannot give an accurate answer on the status of a car build.

I'm no expert but it seems like Audi are still having issues with Stronic A3's (in addition to the computer chip shortage)

does anyone know when the draft build dates are fixed?
for mine i spoke to the dealer on the Friday they said its due to be built this coming week( i.e monday ) . When i spoke to the the following Friday it had been put 5 weeks back

I must admit I'm starting to lose my bottle r/e the turbo blue colour choice... I might change my mind yet.....
I’ve just put my order in today for 8Y 35TFSI S-Tronic in Turbo Blue, told I’m looking at November. I’m not in a rush so not bothered about the wait.

Just heard from my dealer and have been told that the build date has been brought forward to week 29.
They have kept the panoramic roof , but that they have dropped the power operated tailgate . hopefully will get it September 1st.

Reactions: markwiggy
Just heard from my dealer and have been told that the build date has been brought forward to week 29.
They have kept the panoramic roof , but that they have dropped the power operated tailgate . hopefully will get it September 1st.
I just heard that they'd dropped the Power Tailgate - Low Uptake - Not surprisingly - If they offered it on it's own at £325 then not so bad, but you have to have the keyless entry at another £425 and the extra is the foot gesture under the bumper and that doesn't always work anyway.

Why can't you have it on it's own without the foot gesture - It's handy because I can set the height so it doesn't hit my garage roller door casing and I can then unload the boot, on my old model I had to hold the boot with one hand whilst unloading.

They also never advertise these things properly and wonder why low uptake - same with the Matrix Headlights not an option anymore, but they never show on the adverts you can heave these etc.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I just find it annoying that I ordered in good faith , I can understand if it wasn't on configurator when ordered , but surelly if it was on configurator at time of order they should honour it.

I just find it annoying that I ordered in good faith , I can understand if it wasn't on configurator when ordered , but surelly if it was on configurator at time of order they should honour it.
I totally agree and it's still standard on the Vorsprung so it's not like they aren't doing it - It can't be a particularly difficult thing - If you only added the keyless entry in order to get the Powered Tailgate I would get onto the dealer and get that removed and save yourself another £425

I do like the keyless entry , had it on the ford focus , just something I got used to. lol