A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I was in the same situation when I ordered my A3 Saloon Turbo Blue. I just could not decide between Daytona and Turbo Blue as I liked both. I picked my car up end of April and I am so happy with the Turbo Blue as it really makes the car stand out and look sporty.

Reactions: MF DOOMER
I was in the same situation when I ordered my A3 Saloon Turbo Blue. I just could not decide between Daytona and Turbo Blue as I liked both. I picked my car up end of April and I am so happy with the Turbo Blue as it really makes the car stand out and look sporty.
that's What I'm torn between Daytona Grey vs Turbo blue...... with turbo blue peoplewill either love or hate it while Daytona grey is clearly a really nice colour and more of a classic look..... but I wanted to take a risk.... and I generally like primary colours in cars (my currently seat Leon FR is in desire red).
....Im going to stick with turbo blue
.. I think I would end up regretting it if my changed my mind

that's What I'm torn between Daytona Grey vs Turbo blue...... with turbo blue peoplewill either love or hate it while Daytona grey is clearly a really nice colour and more of a classic look..... but I wanted to take a risk.... and I generally like primary colours in cars (my currently seat Leon FR is in desire red).
....Im going to stick with turbo blue
.. I think I would end up regretting it if my changed my mind
You won’t regret it, I seriously don’t. It looks great!

Same as you my choice was between grey and turbo blue. I was concerned that getting the blue would draw too much attention the car, I used to have an orange focus st and used to get hounded by boy racers so swore never to go back down that route. I find the blue gets attention BUT importantly not bad attention, people notice it and comment on it positively.

Twitter seems to be the best port of call for getting updates, at least for me anyway. Mines still sitting at the port in Germany, awaiting being assigned to a ship to the UK. Dealer said he’s confident it’ll be with me this month, I think chances are very slim! Originally I was quoted July delivery, so can’t complain though. Can’t wait to get in it!

Reactions: MF DOOMER and JezzaA
Interesting...back in early May the Audi dealership gave me an estimated build date of week 39. ..but I've taken everyone's advice and tweeted Audi directly today and they've given an estimated build date of week 28 (week commencing 12/07) that's a big improvement in only a few weeks.... strange

Interesting...back in early May the Audi dealership gave me an estimated build date of week 39. ..but I've taken everyone's advice and tweeted Audi directly today and they've given an estimated build date of week 28 (week commencing 12/07) that's a big improvement in only a few weeks.... strange
When did you place your order ?
Im still waiting I ordered 3rd Feb

Ordered my S3 17th Feb , original build date was 28th June , email yesterday build date now 19th July

S3 Vorsprung Saloon Turbo Blue (front and rear dash cam)

I had an email yesterday also stating build will commence week starting 19th July ,said they were expecting delivery mid August.

The Audi Salesman gave me the wrong order number.... I thought that week 25 seemed too good to be true..when I tweeted Audi (I only ordered late April....) using my correct order number my build date started at week 43 then reduced to week 39... then reduced again to week 35 (1st September)... maybe the computer chip issue is improve??

Reactions: Wheezy556
I’ve just had mine confirmed as build week 23 - 6th June. Was only ordered a few weeks ago (current car being rejected due to issues)

I’ve just had mine confirmed as build week 23 - 6th June. Was only ordered a few weeks ago (current car being rejected due to issues)
I have emailed messaged audi after waiting for 4 months already.
Still no build date.
What was the issue why it was rejected may I ask? I wondering if mine is delayed because I've ordered a diesel.
I'm really unhappy with the service in general

Could someone let me know the format of the audi order number please ? IE is it 10 digit alpha numeric or 15 digit numbers only ? thanks

I have emailed messaged audi after waiting for 4 months already.
Still no build date.
What was the issue why it was rejected may I ask? I wondering if mine is delayed because I've ordered a diesel.
I'm really unhappy with the service in general
Mines a 35 TFSI. I’m guessing they grabbed an existing slot for mine, as was estimated to be October collection.
Current car has damage to underside of car, and a bevel in the passenger side sill. Likely caused by transporter or something, but wasn’t willing to have a brand new car repaired to the extent needed so dealer agreed to order new one and swap.

Ordered my A3 S-Line 35TFSI, turbo blue with comfort pack, 18" diamond cut alloys and the lumbar support on the front seats on May 5th. Got an original delivery date of the end of September. Contacted Audi UK a couple of weeks ago and this had moved to an unconfirmed BW 42 (18/10/21). I suspect this may be fluid for a while. Hopefully, the date will come in rather than move out.

Ordered my A3 S-Line 35TFSI, turbo blue with comfort pack, 18" diamond cut alloys and the lumbar support on the front seats on May 5th. Got an original delivery date of the end of September. Contacted Audi UK a couple of weeks ago and this had moved to an unconfirmed BW 42 (18/10/21). I suspect this may be fluid for a while. Hopefully, the date will come in rather than move out.
Comfort and Sound Pack will be one of the reasons it's been delayed - Pano Roofs as well apparently - I have a friend who works for Audi

• Sad
Reactions: Maddave
Comfort and Sound Pack will be one of the reasons it's been delayed - Pano Roofs as well apparently - I have a friend who works for Audi
I hope not with regards to the C&S pack. My ETA date got pulled forward from week 35 to 25 even with the C&S. We are nearing that week soon so hopefully nothing changes.

I'll update when we get to week 25.

I hope not with regards to the C&S pack. My ETA date got pulled forward from week 35 to 25 even with the C&S. We are nearing that week soon so hopefully nothing changes.

I'll update when we get to week 25.
If you're locked in I would suspect you'll be ok, but going forward C&S is currently an issue - They did have delays with S-Tronic Box as well - They are trying to encourage dealers to talk to customers and advise of the issues and maybe not add to their order.

Bearing in mind the only way you can get Front Parking Sensors and Reversing Camera is the C&S pack not exactly great advice is it.

Basically order a basic model as you can with a manual gearbox and you'll get that one earlier - Brilliant!!

If you're locked in I would suspect you'll be ok, but going forward C&S is currently an issue - They did have delays with S-Tronic Box as well - They are trying to encourage dealers to talk to customers and advise of the issues and maybe not add to their order.

Bearing in mind the only way you can get Front Parking Sensors and Reversing Camera is the C&S pack not exactly great advice is it.

Basically order a basic model as you can with a manual gearbox and you'll get that one earlier - Brilliant!!
Lovely. As well as the C&S pack, I've specified the S-Tronic box as well. I might get it for Xmas then...

Ordered mine end of September 2020. Car was originally supposed to arrive end of Jan 2021 but it ran behind schedule and ended up being delivered first week of March.

I still have no build week 4 months in :(
A3 edition 1 diesel DSG
I contacted audi and they won't even give me a predicted BW

Hi all,

I ordered my 35 S Line TFSI on 12th February - very little in the way of options other than Daytona paint and diamond cut alloys - was told at point of order it would be 12-14 weeks - which suited me as I was not due back at work till mid May. One month on, was advised it had fallen back to build week 29 - which would have been August before I could get my mits on it.. By the end of March I was advised this has come forward to BW24 - which should be three weeks away from now plus the time to get from Germany to the UK. I am currently chasing JCT600 for an update, but the wait may finally be coming to an end.

One thing we have learnt over this last year is how to be patient, but these waiting times are abysmal.

At what point do you say "this wasn't meant to be".....

I'm getting close to that point..lol

Latest update from Audi, my July delivery has now been delayed until October... Ordered in January... :wtf:

Been contacted by my salesman yesterday my build date is now week commencing 6th September (I ordered end of April).
Told there was a problem with chips, also that they have now taken panoramic roof and powered tailgate off the configurator.
I have specked both of these. Apparently the panoramic roof was still on the order but the powered tailgate is missing. They are contacting the product team after the bank holiday .
Feeling a bit irritated now.

It really is a lottery. I've got two A3's on order- A3 30 TFSI s tronic for my daughter (she's paying) car had a delivery date I'm May, however now Audi can't or won't give an estimated build date. They won't give me an estimated build date but estimate delivery in September, I find this strange to say the least. Won't hold my breath for either vehicle, disappointing. Can see both being cancelled.

Mine is status 10 , so 6th September is unconfirmed. Was also told it will now be 2022 build and seats have changed from alacantra to Dinamica microfibre/mono.pur 550 artificial leather .

Last edited: