A3/S3 delivery lead time?

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
My order went into build 2 weeks ago today and not heard anything since, hopefully have word by this time next week roughly when I should expect it to arrive at the dealer
From start of build to delivery, mine took 3 weeks. So hopefully not much longer for you!

dty

Seems like Audi are suffering from ****/elbow confusion.

8 days ago they emailed me to say "We've checked it over, now it's over to you" and "We're happy to tell you that all the rigorous tests have been completed and we've checked and double checked for any imperfections. Now it's time for your brand new S3 to leave the factory and head off on its journey to you." The same day, my dealer emailed to tell me pretty much the same thing, and was able to confirm the VIN which I successfully set up in the My Audi app (although I can't see the equipment, sadly).

Then, today, I get a text from Audi UK saying "Thank you for ordering a new Audi, it won't be long now before you are behind the wheel. Your car is nearing completion, however this stage is taking a little longer than expected, due to the global shortage of semiconductor chips. We are sorry about this, please be assured it is our priority and your Audi Centre will be in touch when they have more information."

What a complete joke this company is! I feel sorry for the dealers who clearly have very limited information available to them, but are expected to field customer queries.

m625d904

Seems like Audi are suffering from ****/elbow confusion.

8 days ago they emailed me to say "We've checked it over, now it's over to you" and "We're happy to tell you that all the rigorous tests have been completed and we've checked and double checked for any imperfections. Now it's time for your brand new S3 to leave the factory and head off on its journey to you." The same day, my dealer emailed to tell me pretty much the same thing, and was able to confirm the VIN which I successfully set up in the My Audi app (although I can't see the equipment, sadly).

Then, today, I get a text from Audi UK saying "Thank you for ordering a new Audi, it won't be long now before you are behind the wheel. Your car is nearing completion, however this stage is taking a little longer than expected, due to the global shortage of semiconductor chips. We are sorry about this, please be assured it is our priority and your Audi Centre will be in touch when they have more information."

What a complete joke this company is! I feel sorry for the dealers who clearly have very limited information available to them, but are expected to field customer queries.
There is no rhyme or reason for any of it. I got the email on September 30th saying I was in build, my dealer emailed me that build week was October 31st, and now just emailed me saying Oct 21st was the build week. Hoping for a VIN this week or the next. At least you have the VIN so you know its working!

woody815

Agree with the no rhyme or reason on information. I don't receive any emails from Audi themselves it's just my direct contact with the dealer that has kept me updated.

I checked if it had been built as per the build week and the good news it has! Now awaiting a ship and apparently I'm going to get a call when it gets a ship, arrives in the UK & then arrives at the dealer.

Only expect the arrived at the dealer call to happen but we'll see! Car is closer at least

discosteve

I'm losing patience with Audi, when we ordered our S3 Vorsprung the delivery date was Oct 29th 2022, had another update from the dealer yesterday to say that the BUILD week is now week 3 next year and looking at March delivery.
To make matters worse the 6 month old A3 40TFSIe which we took until the new one gets here broke down 2 1/2 weeks ago and they still don't know what's wrong with it. Shocking service!

dty

I'm losing patience with Audi, when we ordered our S3 Vorsprung the delivery date was Oct 29th 2022, had another update from the dealer yesterday to say that the BUILD week is now week 3 next year and looking at March delivery.
To make matters worse the 6 month old A3 40TFSIe which we took until the new one gets here broke down 2 1/2 weeks ago and they still don't know what's wrong with it. Shocking service!
When did you order? I ordered an S3 Vorsprung in the first week of January, and still don't have it. Apparently it's simultaneously left the factory and is waiting for parts.

discosteve

When did you order? I ordered an S3 Vorsprung in the first week of January, and still don't have it. Apparently it's simultaneously left the factory and is waiting for parts.
04/02/22 was the order date, don't get any updates on the delivery unless I ask the dealer who also said a lot of his time is spent replying to customers telling them their car is delayed!

FishyFinger

ordered my 45comp very early Sept 21, build week was pushed back from 17, to 37 then to 34 and now is week 02, its been at week 02 for the last 2/3 months. fingers crossed build week will be confirmed by December. I even looked at removing options to see if it would bring the build week forward. But was told 45 Comp's wont be built until Jan 2023. expecting delivery in late February to early March, that is if the build week isn't pushed back again. that will be roughly 18months from ordering to receiving the car, and that's not firmed yet.
Update - checked with my lease company and still have build week 02 marked but not confirmed. was informed it should be firmed up next month. Fingers and toes crossed, its been a long wait and its not over yet.

woody815

I've been emailed to say my car is now on a boat to the UK. Anybody know how long it takes from port to dealer? I'm told I'll be in it by the end of the month but need to sort some time to get over to the dealer myself

KekKek

So, I've just been told my 45 TFSIe Competition has arrived at the dealership!

However, I handed in my notice for a new role two weeks ago and so will not get to use the car!

It will find a home - a nicely spec'd car: C+S, lumbar support, flat bottom steering wheel and HBA.

Next car for the family is a Range Rover or Range Rover Sport.

Good luck all.

Dubjam

Staff member
VCDS Map User
So, I've just been told my 45 TFSIe Competition has arrived at the dealership!

However, I handed in my notice for a new role two weeks ago and so will not get to use the car!

It will find a home - a nicely spec'd car: C+S, lumbar support, flat bottom steering wheel and HBA.

Next car for the family is a Range Rover or Range Rover Sport.

Good luck all.

Lol, did you just tell folks who are waiting forever for their cars that yours is ready but you don't want it anymore?

Cruel man :)

m625d904

Got the word that my S3 is "In Transit from the Factory" whatever that means. I want to believe its gonna take around 3 weeks but I have a feeling it wont be here till end of December. Anyone have insight into shipping times? I am in the USA.

SamB2020

I’ve ordered my replacement for my A3 TDi that’s now 2 years old.
ordered a edition 1 with C&S last Saturday I’ve been told it’s down for build week 13.
I do believe I’ve taken a dealer build slot so not sure how long ago they put the factory order in.
Let the wait begin…

dty

Lol, did you just tell folks who are waiting forever for their cars that yours is ready but you don't want it anymore?

Cruel man :)
I'm guessing from the work reference that it's a company car and he's now left the job that bought it for him.

twistytwist

I think you'll probably get it for Nov then if not Dec, I know from my dealer if I wanted the 40 tsfi e that was going to be early Q1 but the 45 tsfi e was Q2 onwards. Fingers crossed for you.
Arrived on Monday 7th :) I'm in love lol.
Hopefully yours gets to you soon and you're as happy with it as I am with mine!

dty

Well, apparently my S3 Vorsprung, ordered first week of January, is now in the country. I have a registration number. Looking like a bit shy of 11 months by the time I get my paws on it.

discosteve

Well, apparently my S3 Vorsprung, ordered first week of January, is now in the country. I have a registration number. Looking like a bit shy of 11 months by the time I get my paws on it.
Enjoy it mate, looking forward to getting mine at some point!

After receiving an email from Audi on the 18th of November confirming that my car had began build on the 16th, I have received an update today confirming that it was a mistake and my car has in fact not entered build at all and has actually been delayed 6 weeks

woody815

Well it's confirmed I'll be collecting my S3 a week on Friday. That's March order - November delivery so I can't complain. Hope those who are waiting don't have too many delays or issues and this is a sign of things easing and being delivered more logically!

T-Cut King !
It's my birthday
Anyone that's just ordered/about to order and is in for a long wait maybe interested that a face lifted 8Y will be introduced this time next year so maybe hold off if it's such a thing is important to yourself?

So my car left the factory on 19 October. It only arrived in the UK port this week. Been told it could be up to 2 weeks to get from the port to the dealership.

i don’t know why but my car seems to have been hit with delays and slow service at every stage. 20-21 months for delivery of a car, which had an initial estimate of 3 months, is a disgrace. Audi really need to look at how poor their service has been.

at this point now I don’t care how amazing the car is, I will not buy another Audi. I think there will be a lot of Audi customers going elsewhere from now on.

poor poor service!!!!!!!

discosteve

So my car left the factory on 19 October. It only arrived in the UK port this week. Been told it could be up to 2 weeks to get from the port to the dealership.

i don’t know why but my car seems to have been hit with delays and slow service at every stage. 20-21 months for delivery of a car, which had an initial estimate of 3 months, is a disgrace. Audi really need to look at how poor their service has been.

at this point now I don’t care how amazing the car is, I will not buy another Audi. I think there will be a lot of Audi customers going elsewhere from now on.

poor poor service!!!!!!!
Agree completely!
My car keeps getting pushed back and the new 40TSFIe we took until the Vorsprung gets here broke down almost 5 weeks ago and they still haven't fixed it.
At least the A6 Avant loan car is pretty nice, although if the new car keeps getting pushed back i might tell them to stick it!!

This is probably going to sound like a really stupid question but, Audi have now confirmed that my car had in fact gone into build week 44 but “is currently in the admin status and will be built shortly” they will not answer anymore questions but I’m left wondering what this actually means? Does it mean it’s at least started being built? Or has it not been started at all? it’s all very vague…

This is probably going to sound like a really stupid question but, Audi have now confirmed that my car had in fact gone into build week 44 but “is currently in the admin status and will be built shortly” they will not answer anymore questions but I’m left wondering what this actually means? Does it mean it’s at least started being built? Or has it not been started at all? it’s all very vague…
I would imagine that it's been built to a certain stage, but is now waiting for chips and harnesses to complete - Only guessing though but others have had similar situations - They must have a lot of cars waiting completion which can't be easy as they are usually built, quality controlled etc and they are then loaded onto a train (ingolstadt has a train direct to port)

I would imagine that it's been built to a certain stage, but is now waiting for chips and harnesses to complete - Only guessing though but others have had similar situations - They must have a lot of cars waiting completion which can't be easy as they are usually built, quality controlled etc and they are then loaded onto a train (ingolstadt has a train direct to port)
It seems that you were right! Received the dreaded text from Audi this morning saying that my car has been held up on the line due to the shortage of semiconductor chips. Was hoping to have a collection date before the new year but it’s looking highly unlikely at this stage :/

It seems that you were right! Received the dreaded text from Audi this morning saying that my car has been held up on the line due to the shortage of semiconductor chips. Was hoping to have a collection date before the new year but it’s looking highly unlikely at this stage :/
Sorry to hear that

SamB2020

what have you ordered?

I’ve been told mine has moved forward from week13 to week5. There seems to be no logic and they just build random.

AndybT5R

Hopefully lead times are starting to improve. I placed an order for an S3 saloon on 26th September 2022 with Nottingham Audi and was told to expect March/April delivery. I received the Audi email on 1st November telling me the car was going into production and I have received another email today telling me the car is built and awaiting shipping.

what have you ordered?

I’ve been told mine has moved forward from week13 to week5. There seems to be no logic and they just build random.
I’ve ordered an A3 s-line auto in Python yellow, c&s pack, upgraded steering wheel, alloys.
Received an email earlier today saying that my order is completed and been tested, just awaiting dispatch. This is less than 24 hours after receiving the text saying that my build has been held up waiting for chips. Audi seem to not have a clue what’s going on with anyone’s orders tbh

Hopefully lead times are starting to improve. I placed an order for an S3 saloon on 26th September 2022 with Nottingham Audi and was told to expect March/April delivery. I received the Audi email on 1st November telling me the car was going into production and I have received another email today telling me the car is built and awaiting shipping.
I got that email today too, I’m hoping I’ll have the car before Christmas but I’m up in Scotland so I’d imagine it will take a while to reach the dealership. Knowing Audi though they could literally phone tomorrow and say that it’s either at the dealership already or it’s going to take another 6 months lol

dty

Finally picked up my S3 Vorsprung that I ordered in the first week of January. Almost 11 months to the day.
IMG 2041